Flight delay and cancellation compensation, BA ONLY

Comments

• Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    You need to challenge them on not re-routing you because you wouldn't have missed 2 days and lost money on you pre booked trips and hotel. You could try and claim those costs by telling them they did not comply with EU261/2004 and your rights to re-routing. If they refuse ask them for a deadlock letter and tell them you will be taking it to Arbitration. Give it a go.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Justice raises a point, which is probably the next adventure in regulation 261/2004.
    Breach of contract for airlines NOT informing you of your rights with regards to re-routing and the consequential losses incurred as a result, such as the case above.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • I recently had a flight delay issue with American Airlines and I’m looking for some advice.

The details…..

Trip was Miami – Madrid – Basel.

Flight from Miami was severely delayed due to a mechanical problem.

Madrid to Basel is a once a day flight, so I would have missed the connection in Madrid to fly on to Basel.

I was re-booked to London and then on the Basel with British Airways.

The arrival at Basel was more than four hours after the original schedule via Madrid.

I understand that American Airlines flying into Europe is not covered by the EU flight delay compensation rules, but the original booking was made through British Airways.

Do I have a case to pursue with British Airways as the supplier of the ticket?
  • JPears
    No, sorry.

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,542 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Simon33033 wrote: »
    Do I have a case to pursue with British Airways as the supplier of the ticket?
    EU261 is very clear that claims are against the operating airline. It does not matter if you booked with BA and even if the flights had BA codeshare flight numbers. AA were the operating airline so only cover EU261 on flights departing the EU
  • m0bov
    m0bov Posts: 2,521 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Its been 14 days now since my LBA to BA and no reply. Now filing a moneyclaim.
  • I have looked at previous articles but i am confused so please can someone advise
    My daughter and her boyfriend were due to fly to San Fransisco on Mon26/08/19 at 11am they received a text early in the morning on Sunday 25/08/19 to say the flight was cancelled and to re book no reason given . They rebooked for Tue 27/08/19 for a 2.30pm flight . They have lost a days holiday and the lounge that was pre booked are they entitled to compensation and if so what and how is the best way to go about this ? Many Thanks
    Keeping both feet on solid ground
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have looked at previous articles but i am confused so please can someone advise
    My daughter and her boyfriend were due to fly to San Fransisco on Mon26/08/19 at 11am they received a text early in the morning on Sunday 25/08/19 to say the flight was cancelled and to re book no reason given . They rebooked for Tue 27/08/19 for a 2.30pm flight . They have lost a days holiday and the lounge that was pre booked are they entitled to compensation and if so what and how is the best way to go about this ? Many Thanks

On the basis of the limited information provided it does sound like they may be due compensation.

They should apply via the BA website and see what they have to say about it. The initial reply is often a refusal to try and put claimants off pursuing the claim any further.

If this happens, come back and give their full flight details.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • I submitted a claim to BA after the recent IT glitch on the 7 August and have not had any contact. I have the reference number only. It will be 3 weeks tomorrow that I submitted the claim, can anyone advise on the usual time frame for responses?
    Claire
  • JPears
    There is no usual time frame. BA will take as long as you let them. email them with reference number giving them 14 days to respond with payment.
    In the meantime download and read Vauban's superb guide for how to take the matter further.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport