Delivery rights discussion

Comments

• noody123
    noody123 Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Also having issue with UPS. Say they delivered, no one knocked and dog did not bark. They then said they delivered to a neighbour. Gave a house number which is vacant. No proof of delivery signature. UPS said our word against driver, and only the seller could open a case.
    Ebay seller said I have confirmation from UPS delivered end of issue.. Ebay said the same and papal said don’t care where delivered as long as the delivery note says delivered.
    Ebays middle man shuttle limited really helpful but can’t open proper case as we are not the customer just the recipient..
    Been to consumer rights via citizens advise.
    Asked seller for details of delivery booking.
    So far no reply
    It seems the delivery companies have no responsibility for loss or damage to deliveries. Or for a driver not doing his job properly.
  • I purchased a Samsung American Fridge Freezer from John Lewis and 6 times they failed to deliver it for one reason or another. The 6th reason was that the fridge was dented and damaged and the fridge was no longer in stock.

I then changed to SMEG and so far have had 4 failed delivery attempts. After the 3rd delivery attempt, I was promised a st airlift and a 3 man crew to deliver my fridge as my house has a dozen steps leading up to the front door. On the 4th delivery attempt, they advised me they had run out of time to deliver and realized I was the same customer with the 3 failed delivery attempts/. The delivery crew advised me that there was no stair lift and still only 2 people.

Since April of this year I have been waiting for the delivery of my fridge with a total of 10 failed delivery attempts.
  • Hi all,

I hope that you might be able to offer me some advice on this.

Last month I was going to drive to Germany to visit a friend of mine who is unfortunately very ill. To drive in Europe I needed a travel kit (breathalysers, headlight adjusters, hi-vis jacket etc) which I ordered from a supplier on Amazon. As I needed the kit urgently I paid extra for next day delivery.

They supplier confirmed that they had dispatched the item and that it would be delivered next day by Yodel.

Yodel are not my favourite delivery company given that in the past one of their drivers took a sh*t in my garden.

I waited in all day for the delivery but it didn't come, there was no knock at the door, the doorbell didn't ring, there was just nothing. I looked up on Yodel's parcel tracker and was concerned to see that the message said - "We tried to deliver your parcel but couldn't access your property". There wasn't even a "Sorry you weren't in" card put through the letterbox. Still, it wasn't the end of the world as the message also told me that the goods would be delivered the following day, Thursday 11th October and so I made arrangements to cancel the work that I had planned for the day so that I could stay in until the delivery was made. I got up at 7am and put a piece of A4 paper on my front door saying "Dear Yodel Person, I am in, please ring bell or feel free to come to the rear of the property where my door is open." I then checked my phone and was able to see that there were about 50 deliveries to be made before my parcel. So I waited, checking my phone every so often to see how many deliveries were before mine. 40, 30, 20, oooh it was getting exciting 10, 5, 4, 3, 2, "We tried to deliver your parcel but couldn't access your property". This was at about 1.20pm. I had been in at the time, there had been no doorbell, no knock at the door, no one had come around to see if the back door was open, they had just not bothered to even attempt to deliver the package.

I was understandably perplexed about this and so first I tweeted to @YodelOnline, then when I didn't receive any reply I rang Yodel's helpline. The first number that I got through to was just a recorded message that informed me that it hadn't been possible to access my property. I rang back and after holding for a long time I finally got to speak to Walter in their customer service department. I explained the situation to Walter and he told me that he'd look into it and contact the depot and the driver to find out what was happening. He put me on hold and I waited. Eventually he came back on the line and told me that the driver would attempt to redeliver the package before 4pm. In the end I had been on the phone to Walter for 15 minutes.

So, I sat down and waited. But, there was no knock at the door, no ding of the doorbell, no attempt to deliver. At 3.30pm I tweeted @YodelOnline again asking them to confirm that the delivery would be made before 4pm. Again no reply.

Time ticked by and at 3.50pm I tweeted you again, again I received no reply so I rang your customer care line again. This time I spoke to Liz, I related all the above to her and she said she'd investigate. She rang the depot and then came back and told me that because I live in a block of flats that my letterbox couldn't be reached. I don't live in a block of flats, my front door opens onto the road. Then she told me that she'd rung the depot and they'd tried to ring the driver but hadn't been able to get through, however the driver would be sent straight to ours once he got in touch with the depot. I asked for a specific time that we should expect the driver but all Liz could do was to repeat that the driver would be sent straight to redeliver this package to us asap.

I made my partner aware to expect a delivery driver that evening as I had to go out, she waited in for the package all night but again there was no attempt at delivery.

The following day the parcel was delivered. When I asked the delivery driver why delivery hadn't been attempted on the previous two days he blamed it on drivers who didn't bother to even try to deliver parcels.

I emailed Yodel and asked for them to respond and for compensation, I heard nothing back. Then a couple of weeks ago I got my phone bill through, there was a charge of almost £40 for phoning Yodel's help number. Again I've emailed Yodel and asked for compensation of £440 for the two days that I took off work and £40 for the phone bill.

They've just come back and offered me £40 for the phone bill.

I'd love your advice on this. Firstly, am I doing the right thing pursuing Yodel for the compensation or should I go after the company I actually placed the order with? I am self employed, should I ask for compensation for both days that I took off work, or three days, or two and a half days? Can I claim for the time that I'm spending emailing them, tweeting them and complaining to them? Can I claim for the stress this caused me?

All and any help gratefully received.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Nurselayer wrote: »
    am I doing the right thing pursuing Yodel for the compensation or should I go after the company I actually placed the order with? I am self employed, should I ask for compensation for both days that I took off work, or three days, or two and a half days? Can I claim for the time that I'm spending emailing them, tweeting them and complaining to them? Can I claim for the stress this caused me?
    Read here:
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights/?_ga=2.246188993.45491086.1521247181-127485272.1512091506

You won't get anywhere claiming for "stress" nor for the original day the delivery was scheduled.

By the way, why did a delivery driver defecate in your garden ?:eek:
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Nurselayer wrote: »
    Hi all,

I hope that you might be able to offer me some advice on this.

Last month I was going to drive to Germany to visit a friend of mine who is unfortunately very ill. To drive in Europe I needed a travel kit (breathalysers, headlight adjusters, hi-vis jacket etc) which I ordered from a supplier on Amazon. As I needed the kit urgently I paid extra for next day delivery.

They supplier confirmed that they had dispatched the item and that it would be delivered next day by Yodel.

Yodel are not my favourite delivery company given that in the past one of their drivers took a sh*t in my garden.

I waited in all day for the delivery but it didn't come, there was no knock at the door, the doorbell didn't ring, there was just nothing. I looked up on Yodel's parcel tracker and was concerned to see that the message said - "We tried to deliver your parcel but couldn't access your property". There wasn't even a "Sorry you weren't in" card put through the letterbox. Still, it wasn't the end of the world as the message also told me that the goods would be delivered the following day, Thursday 11th October and so I made arrangements to cancel the work that I had planned for the day so that I could stay in until the delivery was made. I got up at 7am and put a piece of A4 paper on my front door saying "Dear Yodel Person, I am in, please ring bell or feel free to come to the rear of the property where my door is open." I then checked my phone and was able to see that there were about 50 deliveries to be made before my parcel. So I waited, checking my phone every so often to see how many deliveries were before mine. 40, 30, 20, oooh it was getting exciting 10, 5, 4, 3, 2, "We tried to deliver your parcel but couldn't access your property". This was at about 1.20pm. I had been in at the time, there had been no doorbell, no knock at the door, no one had come around to see if the back door was open, they had just not bothered to even attempt to deliver the package.

I was understandably perplexed about this and so first I tweeted to @YodelOnline, then when I didn't receive any reply I rang Yodel's helpline. The first number that I got through to was just a recorded message that informed me that it hadn't been possible to access my property. I rang back and after holding for a long time I finally got to speak to Walter in their customer service department. I explained the situation to Walter and he told me that he'd look into it and contact the depot and the driver to find out what was happening. He put me on hold and I waited. Eventually he came back on the line and told me that the driver would attempt to redeliver the package before 4pm. In the end I had been on the phone to Walter for 15 minutes.

So, I sat down and waited. But, there was no knock at the door, no ding of the doorbell, no attempt to deliver. At 3.30pm I tweeted @YodelOnline again asking them to confirm that the delivery would be made before 4pm. Again no reply.

Time ticked by and at 3.50pm I tweeted you again, again I received no reply so I rang your customer care line again. This time I spoke to Liz, I related all the above to her and she said she'd investigate. She rang the depot and then came back and told me that because I live in a block of flats that my letterbox couldn't be reached. I don't live in a block of flats, my front door opens onto the road. Then she told me that she'd rung the depot and they'd tried to ring the driver but hadn't been able to get through, however the driver would be sent straight to ours once he got in touch with the depot. I asked for a specific time that we should expect the driver but all Liz could do was to repeat that the driver would be sent straight to redeliver this package to us asap.

I made my partner aware to expect a delivery driver that evening as I had to go out, she waited in for the package all night but again there was no attempt at delivery.

The following day the parcel was delivered. When I asked the delivery driver why delivery hadn't been attempted on the previous two days he blamed it on drivers who didn't bother to even try to deliver parcels.

I emailed Yodel and asked for them to respond and for compensation, I heard nothing back. Then a couple of weeks ago I got my phone bill through, there was a charge of almost £40 for phoning Yodel's help number. Again I've emailed Yodel and asked for compensation of £440 for the two days that I took off work and £40 for the phone bill.

They've just come back and offered me £40 for the phone bill.

I'd love your advice on this. Firstly, am I doing the right thing pursuing Yodel for the compensation or should I go after the company I actually placed the order with? I am self employed, should I ask for compensation for both days that I took off work, or three days, or two and a half days? Can I claim for the time that I'm spending emailing them, tweeting them and complaining to them? Can I claim for the stress this caused me?

All and any help gratefully received.

Why arent you pushing back to Amazon?

FYI for futire reference. Its totally unrealistic to expect responses from corporate Twitter in the time scales you did
  • hello

I ordered Furniture from Harveys and they were advertising on their stores, websites and TV adverts stating "guaranteed before xmas delivery"

I received a call on 7th December stating my sofa will be delivered 3rd January! I asked why it wasnt going to be delivered before xmas as advertised when I purchased it. I was advised that they dont have enough delivery drivers or trucks to do this, so it will be 3rd January. I was advised that my sofa will be in the warehouse on 12th December, but they have no storage facilities to store this sofa until I need it, I said that I wanted it before xmas as ordered. They advised that they will get a manager to call me back! I am still waiting.!!!!

I asked why they advertise the delivery as guaranteed before xmas yet dont have enough drivers or trucks to fulfil customers orders, then why?

Could this be misdescription and are they in breach of contract with myself??

I have been advised when I spoke with them each day since the 12th chasing the managers call to myself, they have contracted some deliveries to a 3rd party, and hopefully I might be getting it before xmas! I am still waiting and am still awaiting management to contact me....

I am frustrated at this and their lack of customer support or care, I have put in complaint yet still no response, I have tried to chat to them online but they say they are pre-sales and can't deal with it.
    i have requested call back using their website contacts within 3 hours still nothing from that....

what can i do.... i just want my sofa!

thanks
  • Not sure if this in the right so apologies if not but Ive got an issue with non receipt of 2 parcels from 2 separate companies which Yodel claim were "placed in the garage". I gone back to both sellers and both stae as Yodel have "delivered" there's nothing more they can/will do.

I've pushed back on to all of them and even PayPal wont suspend payment as again "its been delivered"

It feels like my word against theirs but they have my money and im going round in circles

Help!?
  • james_smitha
    james_smitha Posts: 397 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    During April '19 yodel expect me to believe that there driver left a card that I was unable to find, i live on my own. I live at stratford-cv37 in a block of flats, I missed the driver by twenty minutes. The card was not through the letter box at the main door, or my letter box. A down stairs neighbour was at home the whole time so could have opened the main door to the driver. Unfortunatly the sender dose not controll which courier delivers orders, they have contracts with many, so it is an un-lucky dip
  • Tesco home shopping delivery order 27feb, did not arrive Tesco saying order delivered and signed for but Not to me. I requested the driver's interview and copy of signature with Subject Access Request , which I received 17April ..No signature because it doesn't match mine and no driver's interview , have tried to get it today but they are saying case closed?Also tracker on van cannot be pinpointed to my address ? I really would appreciate it anyone could help me where I go next
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Tesco home shopping delivery order 27feb, did not arrive Tesco saying order delivered and signed for but Not to me. I requested the driver's interview and copy of signature with Subject Access Request , which I received 17April ..No signature because it doesn't match mine and no driver's interview , have tried to get it today but they are saying case closed?Also tracker on van cannot be pinpointed to my address ? I really would appreciate it anyone could help me where I go next

Have you had deliveries from them before?
    A SAR wouldnt apply to the interview IMO as its not information on you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback