apt Posts: 3,188 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Why not have both?
  • DragonQ
    DragonQ Posts: 2,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    apt wrote: »
    Why not have both?
    Both what? If you mean keep the Lloyds Vantage accounts and get Lloyds' equivalent to the new Plus account then I don't see the point. If you mean keep the Lloyds Vantage accounts and get TSB Plus accounts, then of course.
  • Herbalus
    Herbalus Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    DragonQ wrote: »
    Both what? If you mean keep the Lloyds Vantage accounts and get Lloyds' equivalent to the new Plus account then I don't see the point. If you mean keep the Lloyds Vantage accounts and get TSB Plus accounts, then of course.

I don't see the difference between the two. You seem to be suggesting that it doesn't make sense to have all the accounts with one supplier, but it's ok to have the same accounts but split between two suppliers. As far as I can tell, there's no difference.

What do you think is pointless about having Vantage accounts and the new Lloyds offering?
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    DragonQ wrote: »
    Both what? If you mean keep the Lloyds Vantage accounts and get Lloyds' equivalent to the new Plus account then I don't see the point.
    Why not? May be there is no point for you personally but it would make a lot of sense for people who are looking to put away more cash than the currently available current accounts allow.

I will certainly add to my two dozen or so accounts, unless they won't allow the new accounts alongside Vantage ( or Enhance).
  • DragonQ
    DragonQ Posts: 2,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    innovate wrote: »
    Why not? May be there is no point for you personally but it would make a lot of sense for people who are looking to put away more cash than the currently available current accounts allow.
    Um as far as I could tell the question was addressed to me personally. You can do what you want. :p

Keeping accounts open with different banks can prevent hassle in the future. If Lloyds ever came out with a product that I wanted in the future it'd probably be beneficial for me to still have a current account with them.

Whether I'd be able to take advantage of both Vantage accounts and Plus accounts depends on how many Plus accounts we'll be allowed to have, and how much can be stored in them. Whatever Lloyds' new product is might replace Vantage anyway...I find it hard to believe they'd allow one person to have 3 Vantage accounts and x number of new interest-paying accounts but maybe they will.
  • apt
    apt Posts: 3,188 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    My point of view is that if you've got an account that costs nothing to run like Lloyds Vantageit's better to keep it either to use to get a switching bonus or in case you run out of space in the accounts that pay more than 3%.
  • matttye
    matttye Posts: 4,828 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Anyone know if we will be able to add this like vantage/enhance or will we have to apply for a whole new current account?
    What will your verse be?

R.I.P Robin Williams.
  • sharpharp
    sharpharp Posts: 167 Forumite
    What i'd like to know is....

If I open two accounts, to fund them EACH month with the £500, can I use existing TSB money, or does the monthly £500 have to come from external funds for both accounts? Currently with the enhance, you can bring new money into one account and shift it across to the other accounts....
  • neil324
    neil324 Posts: 460 Forumite
    sharpharp wrote: »

If I open two accounts, to fund them EACH month with the £500, can I use existing TSB money, or does the monthly £500 have to come from external funds for both accounts? Currently with the enhance, you can bring new money into one account and shift it across to the other accounts....

You don't need to bring new money into the 1st account. Just move £1K through the 3 accounts. Assuming you have £1K in the 1st.
  • Archi_Bald
    Archi_Bald Posts: 9,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    sharpharp wrote: »

If I open two accounts, to fund them EACH month with the £500, can I use existing TSB money, or does the monthly £500 have to come from external funds for both accounts? .

Who knows. Until we have seen the precise T&Cs we could only speculate.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure