Tesco Bank

Comments

• skitskut
    skitskut Posts: 221 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Same text as well. Online banking shows available balance to be less than the current balance so something's up!
  • Maybe *someone* has tried to get into numerous accounts and succeeded with some but not all :question:
  • Then why can't they post something on their website or Facebook. I mean this has been going on for nearly 2 hours on this thread alone. I guess some accounts may have a genuine problem, like, perhaps, the guy above with the Brazil transactions?
    Yep, customer service confirmed first transaction for £9.33, second one for £827.30 both allowed to go through, third one for £533.00 and fourth one for £549.31 both declined.
    The account involved when I log in shows the full balance £3000 with available funds available only being the total less the transactions £2163.37, so my account has been affected. Customer service said I should get all monies lost refunded to the account in due course.
    Will still wait to see what fraud squad say happened.
  • Simon7685
    Simon7685 Posts: 1,115 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I received a text and email and spent just over an hour trying to get through. It seems a transaction was attempted from my account tonight for £28.50. The transaction was blocked and a security block put on my account. I was told the fraud department will contact me by the end of Monday and advise what the next steps are, probably cancelling and re issuing new cards. She checked both my accounts and said it was only affecting the one.

The bizarre thing about this is that this account has only ever been used for savings, as such the debit card has never been used.

This now has me wondering if Tesco bank has been hacked??? Otherwise how could my card details have been got by anyone???
  • Simon7685 wrote: »
    The bizarre thing about this is that this account has only ever been used for savings, as such the debit card has never been used. This now has me wondering if Tesco bank has been hacked??? Otherwise how could my card details have been got by anyone???
    Without a doubt, I have never used any of my cards at any time and never ever done an online transaction using this account, it's been purely used as a savings vehicle.
  • phred
    phred Posts: 91 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I had the same text and email messages. It took about 45 minutes for me to get through on the phone.
    I was told they have been inundated with numerous fraudulent transaction attempts.
    Fortunately my account is unaffected.
    When I told the advisor that I found this particularly strange as I have never used my bank card she said that many people had said the same thing to her.
    This concerns me even more as it makes me wonder how fraudsters could obtain my details. Maybe some internal breach of security? How else could my details have been obtained?
  • I've had the text. Balance on current account showing as £3000 but available balance only £2794. What's going on?
  • Deneb
    Deneb Posts: 420 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Mrs D has also had a similar text message and unable to get through to the Fraud Dept on the number given. Online banking shows over £1100 in pending debits on one of her accounts which we have not made. The debit cards for all our Tesco accounts are in a locked safe and have never been out since they were received.

Whilst typing this I have just received a similar text relating to one of my accounts. Online banking shows a pending debit of just over £20 on that account also.
  • The number given is not their fraud department, it's their credit card line, according to their web site. I logged into my account and all is okay.
  • Some of us have affected accounts! Message is not a scam!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure