Options

Comments

• sophieo16
    sophieo16 Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 2 July 2016 at 3:53PM
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I've updated my total to show the interest from my bank accounts and a small eBay sale. My new total is now:

#5 £2138.69/£3000 (71.28%)

One issue I'm having at the moment is that I'm running out of things to sell. I have bunch of stuff still in my dads house from when i moved out a good few years ago now and I'm thinking of making a trip over one day and slowly but surely listing it all on eBay if in good enough condition. It is mostly clothes and shoes.

Has anyone sold clothes on eBay? From what I've heard you don't earn an awful lot from them? a lot of stuff goes for 0.99p. Id appreciate some feedback from anyone who has sold clothes. is it worth it? tips/ tricks?

Keep up the good work everyone :)

Soph
    Mortgage Feb 2023- £249,210 MFW 2023 #20: £524.05/£500 (104.81%)
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Welcome mum-to-many,
    Of course you can join :hello:

Helen will be along shortly to give you a number, add you to the first page and update your target.

Keep us updated on your progress, including the ups and downs.

Dobbi :D
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • Grandad's_Offspring
    Options
    #49 I now have £80 in my fund.
    I am only adding what I can spare and don't need to access for one year.
    Soon, the whole housing limbo will be over and I'll be able to budget and save properly :)
    Very inspired to see all your achievements!
    car finance £1072/£8285 by sept 2018
    #188 £1000 EF £8.45/£1000
    3-6 months salary £80/£5000
  • Dobbibill
    Options
    #2 update

£30.23 added so new total £6847.43 aka 78.71%

getting there little by little ;)

Off to update the sig too - have a brilliant weekend everyone :D

Dobbi
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• Oh2bdebtfree
    Oh2bdebtfree Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone. Can I join this thread please. I've had a bad few months financially and need to find some motivation to sort myself out. I would love to build a balance of £6000
  • Dobbibill
    Options
    Hi Oh2b and welcome to the thread.

Everyone is welcome to join so hop aboard. :hello:

Helen will be along shortly and will give you a number.

You'll find plenty of motivation on this thread to help you along the way.

Keep us updated.

Dobbi :D

• DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning Everyone.... :)

I'm doing better today....been a rough Week.....but they have adjusted my Meds so I'm hoping that, alongside healthy eating, I will start to feel better very soon....

Nothing to Report moneywise from me - You Guys are putting me to shame....but right now it's all I can do to just keep up with my Debt Repayments....Hopefully I can put something in soon... :D

BlackFrosting - Welcome Back to the Thread....You are still number 27....It's good to have you back and I like the sound of you being focussed, that's great hun....I've Updated your Total, you're doing AWESOME!! xXx :)

Mooloo - I've Updated the First Page....You're doing AMAZING...Keep going.....And thank you, I'm doing a bit better today xXx :)

sophieo16 - I've Updated the First Page....You are doing BRILLIANTLY!! Keep on going....You WILL get there!! And thank you for the advice about the Hayfever thing...I appreciate that... xXx :)

LittleMissDetermined - I've Updated the First Page...You are doing AMAZINGLY well...Just keep on going and moving forwards hun xXx :)

mum-to-many - WELCOME to the Gang...it's lovely to have you here...I have put you on the Members List along with your Target and what you've done so far (which is AWESOME by the way!!)....I look forward to hearing all about how you're getting on... xXx :)

abundant1972 - I've Updated the First Page...WELL DONE, you are doing GREAT!! Keep going....you WILL get there... xXx :)

Dobbibill - I've Updated the First Page hun....You are doing SPECTACULARLY well....Keep going!! And thank you for welcoming our new Members, it's appreciated... xXx :)

Grandad's Offspring - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing AMAZING, keep going hun xXx :)

oh2bdebtfree - WELCOME to the Gang...You are now on the Members List...along with your Goal....Do let us know how you're getting on.... xXx :)

WOW, that was a long Update ;) ...I'll try to come on more often...Hopefully my health will get better over the coming Weeks....Let's go and find those Rainbows this Weekend and during the coming Week... xXx :)
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    #50 Update, EF is now £325... just wish I thought it might stay there but that is what EF's are for, right?

Helen, I am so glad you are feeling better. You have my sympathy with the hayfever, don't know what I would do without anti-histamines; sneeze, probably. It is hard to sleep when sneezing all the time; hell, really.

Keep the faith, y'all.

Hi, Dobbi!
  • crimson.addict
    crimson.addict Posts: 1,198 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sophieo16 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I've updated my total to show the interest from my bank accounts and a small eBay sale. My new total is now:

#5 £2138.69/£3000 (71.28%)

One issue I'm having at the moment is that I'm running out of things to sell. I have bunch of stuff still in my dads house from when i moved out a good few years ago now and I'm thinking of making a trip over one day and slowly but surely listing it all on eBay if in good enough condition. It is mostly clothes and shoes.

Has anyone sold clothes on eBay? From what I've heard you don't earn an awful lot from them? a lot of stuff goes for 0.99p. Id appreciate some feedback from anyone who has sold clothes. is it worth it? tips/ tricks?

Keep up the good work everyone :)

Soph

Try looking into selling on facebook too. You can sell on your local site and you wont have to pay to post x
    Sealed Pot Challenge member #071 VSP #4
    £723.44(SPC5) - £753.77(SPC6) - £857.19(SPC7) - £1,632.19(SPC8) - £2,707.15(SPC9) - £2,950.30(SPC10) - £0(SPC11)...so far

I love LC2 and Jakes-Mum :rotfl:
    Star's from Sue :staradmin x28
    CC Debt
    - £2,927.14 Savings - EF - £4,797.21/£5,000 - H2B - £4,691.03/£12,000
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I've been throwing all spare money into the savings.
    Today it was so close to £1,000 that I had to top it up to make it exact!
    The best is that the car fund is growing too!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure