Cheap Parcel Delivery - official discussion

Comments

• rosie383
    rosie383 Posts: 4,981 Forumite
    Hi all.
    I wanted to buy an item last night on ebay and put in UK only for item location. However, when I went to pay, it is showing as Trakpak from outside UK as the delivery.
    I've had a problem before when I've purchased something which needed to be returned but was sent from China, despite also showing as from the UK.

Is this just a way of sellers from overseas being able to pretend they are in the UK, or am I just being overly cynical? I need to buy this item today but don't want to wait forever on delivery.
    Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
    :D:D:D
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I ordered a small item from Amazon that was supposedly dispatched on 14th Oct for delivery from a UK address to another UK address on 18th Oct
    It failed to arrive yesterday and so far has failed to arrive today - it was supposedly trackable but no number was supplied

This appears to be an all too common problem with Amazon for me - I may as well not bother using Amazon any longer
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    I ordered a small item from Amazon that was supposedly dispatched on 14th Oct for delivery from a UK address to another UK address on 18th Oct
    It failed to arrive yesterday and so far has failed to arrive today - it was supposedly trackable but no number was supplied

This appears to be an all too common problem with Amazon for me - I may as well not bother using Amazon any longer

So this is a thread on cheap parcel delivery.
    Relevance?
  • No_Future
    No_Future Posts: 334 Forumite
    edited 20 October 2018 at 5:12PM
    Cheap shipping to New Zealand?

Have been searching via Google without much luck. I want to send a small/medium package to NZ, but can only find really expensive quotes.

It would be a small package with a few Christmas things, not of high value.

Was going to order the gift online and have it sent directly, but that costs £25 from the retailer.

Is there a cheaper way to send it myself? Is there a cheaper service somewhere? The quotes I could find were mostly way over £25, which seems odd
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031
    Forumite
    If the item is under 2kg then RM will be the cheapest. You don't say what it weighs and I have no idea what small/medium is.
  • I use my fp mailing franking machine for anything up to 2kg, otherwise I use parcel monkey and find best price. Although I do check that I recognise the name of the courier, I have had issues with some of the smaller ones!
  • Looking to deliver a carpet roll 4m long about 50cm thick and 45KG. Could anyone recommend a suitable company to use? Getting frustrated by how many companies don't do carpets.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365
    Forumite
    vratnayaka wrote: »
    Looking to deliver a carpet roll 4m long about 50cm thick and 45KG. Could anyone recommend a suitable company to use? Getting frustrated by how many companies don't do carpets.

I would think putting a job on Shiply.
    4m long narrows the possibilites
  • Hi
    I hope somebody can help. I sold a musical instrument to a buyer in Spain who has claimed it is faulty II disagree but seems not much I can do!).
    Apparently it is now down to me to organise a courier to get it returned. Can anybody suggest a courier in Spain where I can pay for the delivery and the buyer in Spain can return it. The parcel is about 7kg and 50cm x 40cm x 30cm, it cost about £20 for me to send it to Spain.

TIA
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,198
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi
    I hope somebody can help. I sold a musical instrument to a buyer in Spain who has claimed it is faulty II disagree but seems not much I can do!).
    Apparently it is now down to me to organise a courier to get it returned. Can anybody suggest a courier in Spain where I can pay for the delivery and the buyer in Spain can return it. The parcel is about 7kg and 50cm x 40cm x 30cm, it cost about £20 for me to send it to Spain.

TIA
    Parcel2go have a Spanish site

https://www.p2g.com/es/

29.03 Euros with the weight and size you've given. (UK==Reino Unido)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback