Nhs maternity pay changing jobs same Trust

Hi
I am due to start maternity leave in a weeks time (I’m currently using up the last of this years annual leave which rolls into mat leave).
2 days ago I was interviewed for a new job within the same Trust and was successful. They are happy for me to return in 9 months to their department and said they will find someone to cover my mat leave in the meantime.

My worry is that this will effect my maternity pay/entitlement if contracts are changed even if it’s within the same Trust.

When it comes to handing in my notice with my current department I’m not sure when is the best time to do that? I cannot do so yet as nothing is official anyway in terms of things in writing re my new post-all I have to go by so far is a phoncall to say I’ve been successful and that they are going to get started with a change form.

Any advice right now would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Sncjw
    Sncjw Posts: 3,504 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Contact your hr dept.
    Mortgage free wannabe 

Actual mortgage stating amount £75,150

Overpayment start date 1/3/23.

Starting balance £66,565.45

Current balance £63,787.16

• clairec79
    clairec79 Posts: 2,512 Forumite
    Don't hand in notice - you aren't resigning from the trust, it's an internal transfer, it's all done for you (obviously verbally tell your boss)

It won't affect mat leave
  • JamoLew
    JamoLew Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    if you are changing departments, then I am pretty sure you will ah e to give notice and work a notice period.
    As above, check with HR ( or whatever they like to call themselves now)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure