Mystery shopping thread 26 *please read the op first**please no client names or fees

Comments

• lovetowinacar
    lovetowinacar Posts: 1,937
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Back in 2010 I worked self employed pretty much full time doing mystery shopping jobs and was happy to travel to neighbouring towns etc since plenty of jobs around.

I gave up and took on employment since I found the jobs becoming less and less and with a financial crash some of the organisations that used mystery shoppers closed or merged and jobs dried up.

I know not a chatting forum but just wondered how you find mystery shopping as a source of income/supplement to main income now.... are there many jobs around? What are the main mystery shopping organisations now?

Just wondering and no longer do it at all.... I always remember the 'Gapburger' jobs.... I used to take on some that hadn't been fulfilled and were needed urgently and remember getting paid up to £35 for a drive thru....!
  • Hi,
    I am new to this forum. I have started doing mystery shopping for the last month or so. I would like to know a list of good focus group websites and also retail mystery shopping websites. Could someone please upload the list of websites.

Thanks in advance.
  • baburam wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am new to this forum. I have started doing mystery shopping for the last month or so. I would like to know a list of good focus group websites and also retail mystery shopping websites. Could someone please upload the list of websites.

Thanks in advance.
    I don't think anyone will do this. We spent years building up contacts.
  • MysteryMe
    MysteryMe Posts: 3,047
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Back in 2010 I worked self employed pretty much full time doing mystery shopping jobs and was happy to travel to neighbouring towns etc since plenty of jobs around.

I gave up and took on employment since I found the jobs becoming less and less and with a financial crash some of the organisations that used mystery shoppers closed or merged and jobs dried up.

I know not a chatting forum but just wondered how you find mystery shopping as a source of income/supplement to main income now.... are there many jobs around? What are the main mystery shopping organisations now?

Just wondering and no longer do it at all.... I always remember the 'Gapburger' jobs.... I used to take on some that hadn't been fulfilled and were needed urgently and remember getting paid up to £35 for a drive thru....!

Compared to back then it's died a death. I'm working full time so only doing about a quarter of the MSing I used to do when I started in 2011.

The burgers stopped being shopped a few years back. Since GAP changed their website I've seen virtually nothing. They have lost other clients like the DIY and petrol

Fees are generally rock bottom

A few MSC have bit the dust. TNS stopped mystery shopping.

ABAi lost loads of clients inc the petrol

Market Force / Retail Eyes still the same when it comes to terrible fees

Tern/React/Mystery Shoppers seem to have held up reasonably well

Grass Roots and PiP have fewer clients

The MSC that allocate work off of job boards still do that so if you are in with them I guess you are OK but even then there have been cuts. ABA took a massive hit when they lost their orange supermarket and basically dumped the shoppers who used to undertake all the other assignments.
  • Fortunately, I don’t need to do this for a living, as the choice of shops has diminished over the past 12 years, when I started. The only jobs where there is an abundance seem to be those that need a credit check which could cause a problem for anyone needing a loan, or mortgage, in the future From various comments, it would appear the promise to remove the check doesn’t happen, so do beware if having too many checks on your credit rating is likely to be a problem for you.
  • scaredofdebt
    scaredofdebt Posts: 1,637
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I too did a lot of MSing back in 2012 and was earning £300-£500 a month from it. I am being made redundant soon and was hoping to get back into it but it sounds like jobs are harder to come by. Is it still feasible to make £300+ a month from this if you are prepared to take whatever jobs you can?

I have a couple of other income streams so if I can make £300 or so monthly from MS I won't need to get a "proper" job!
    Make £2018 in 2018 Challenge - Total to date £2,108
  • biscit
    biscit Posts: 1,018 Forumite
    I had a report rejected because I wasn't confident enough in my approach. The feedback said that I hadn't followed the instructions and researched the product, which I didn't think was fair- I had researched the product, I just hadn't managed to get a clear understanding of the product.
  • MysteryMe
    MysteryMe Posts: 3,047
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I too did a lot of MSing back in 2012 and was earning £300-£500 a month from it. I am being made redundant soon and was hoping to get back into it but it sounds like jobs are harder to come by. Is it still feasible to make £300+ a month from this if you are prepared to take whatever jobs you can?

I have a couple of other income streams so if I can make £300 or so monthly from MS I won't need to get a "proper" job!

I'd try and get involved in fieldwork like merchandising, promotions auditing etc

I don't really do that type of work as I don't have time but I do get emails from Field Sales Solutions so you could look them up.

There are MS assignments out there but the pay is less and many have rotations so you can't do the same visit every month etc so it's difficult to maintain a steady income every month
  • I was told by an advisor at the IR that they were only interested in the fee.
  • mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Forumite
    I have bern ms for 20 years barely any good jobs! Now there is this iSecretShop! No jobs though hardly. Don’t understand as i used to do quest?.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback