Giving every £ a job

Options

Comments

• Franalamadingdong
    Options
    That is so exciting!!! I'm the same with the wandering money that now gets put to work.
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,113 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Oooh, Blackcats, those retirement plans must be starting to feel so real now that you are working on all these 'pots'. I shan't get my pension for years yet, but am determined to enjoy it when I finally do!
    I don't think I did patent 'shopping from home', actually. I think I have just got a bit obsessed with it! It's just such a surprise to me as an ex-spender, just how much money can be saved by using what I already have. I've currently got lots of tea lights lit on the mantlepiece plus two pretty metal cutwork lanterns which have little batteries in them & a glitter peacock I received as a gift. It all looks so nice, yet despite my lengthy past relationship with buying industrial quantities of fancy candles, I haven't bought anything new. It's often possible to create a bit of a new look from stuff we've already got, & I like to do that. My first thought is no longer 'I'll buy one'...... or several!
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Blackcats
    Blackcats Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi Foxgloves, yes it's very exciting. I'm taking my occupational pension early so it will be reduced but it will take 18 years of drawing the pension for the reduction to move this decision into the less advantageous zone for me, so the value of not working plus the savings on the contributions that I won't have to make mean that for me it's a good decision.
    I'm still working on how to find the balance between how much pension v how much lump sum to take, but that's a nice challenge to grapple with.
    Still trying to sparkle each day. Working from home but I've got make up on, pretty jewellery and I've had a nice squirt of perfume. Chosen my newly found pretty mug for today which is filled with "strawberries and cream" flavour fancy tea bag.
  • Franalamadingdong
    Options
    Ooh retirement is a long way away for me! Good luck with your decision making! And we'll done for sparkling. I'm failing at that still. You'll have to give me a kick up the bum!
  • Blackcats
    Options
    Some more money is due into the account tomorrow so I'm working out each £'s job. This is usually the money each month that seems to fritter away to nothing. I really can't think of anything I need to buy or spend money on so it is going to be easy to pop it into savings.
    I thought I needed more vitamins but actually I have a bottle that I haven't used that I bought as oart of the penny sale at the well know health food shop. Result!
    However, the cats are due their flea treatment so there's some money to spend but it's budgeted for. They loathe the treatment you put on their necks and have an uncanny knack of knowing when I'm sneaking up on them with the pipettes. I buy the tablets now and crush them into a fancy cat food treat. Then the fun starts of making sure they eat their own food and don't swop from bowl to bowl. Well that's exciting news eh?
  • Franalamadingdong
    Options
    Well done for having a plan for it.
    You've reminded me that the boyfriend has a stock of expensive vitamins I ended up buying as part of the weekly shop (before I started shopping online) I'll have to start feeding them to him, although he sounds like your cats! Haha. Good luck, I remember the fun of helping mum flea treat out cats, we had 5!
  • Blackcats
    Options
    Glad it's the weekend. Some MSE admin to do tomorrow but all helps towards the overall goal. Enjoying a glass of wine after a 5 hour journey home. A good reminder of why I am saving money to retire as soon as I can.
  • Franalamadingdong
    Options
    Five hours?!?! Goodness me! Hope you enjoyed that glass of wine you earned and that all your mse admin balanced out easily.
  • janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Blackcats wrote: »
    Some more money is due into the account tomorrow so I'm working out each £'s job. This is usually the money each month that seems to fritter away to nothing. I really can't think of anything I need to buy or spend money on so it is going to be easy to pop it into savings.
    I thought I needed more vitamins but actually I have a bottle that I haven't used that I bought as oart of the penny sale at the well know health food shop. Result!

Hi have you considered not using vitamins at all? I dont take any as unless you are unable to eat certain food groups then you will be ok.

I think there are lots of studies around to say they arent really necessary.

Shoot me down in flames if you disagree!
  • Blackcats
    Options
    Hi Fran, yes 5 hours. I have to do this trip for work at least once a month. However, it is usually ok and I listen to my music or audiobook and the time passes quite quickly. It's always nice to get home though.
    Hello Janb. Thanks for your post. It's exactly why this forum is so good and having a diary is so helpful. Now, instead of thinking about when to buy more vitamins I'm thinking about whether to buy vitamins and which, if any, I will buy. I looked at my stock of bottles of vitamins. The different strengths of various brands was interesting. Cheap vitamins are cheap for a reason. :D
    I will use up what I've got which will take a couple of months and then have another think. So thank you - really helpful observation. :beer:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback