Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Carn
    • By Carn 15th Jan 20, 10:57 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Carn
    Ccj for car parking ticket in 2015
    • 15th Jan 20, 10:57 PM
    Ccj for car parking ticket in 2015 15th Jan 20 at 10:57 PM
    Hello.!

In July 2015 I received a car parking fine of 70. The car park was a gravel pit, and the parking ticket in the AO section (please specify), did not have anything written in it.! There were no parking lines anywhere. Just gravel.!

I sent the car company an email, with photos, and they never responded.!

Yesterday I checked my credit rating and I had a notification of a ccj. It appears the address I had was one I sold in Dec 2014, so I have had no written confirmation.!

Stressed out lady, who would be so greatful for any advice.!
Page 1
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 16th Jan 20, 8:56 AM
    • 8,723 Posts
    • 8,613 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 16th Jan 20, 8:56 AM
    • 16th Jan 20, 8:56 AM
    Wrong board ... PM a board guide to move this to the Parking board where you will get proper help. In the meantime, go there and read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread ... one of the posts cover court, CCJs and set-asides.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • born again
    • By born again 16th Jan 20, 3:29 PM
    • 1,425 Posts
    • 791 Thanks
    born again
    • 16th Jan 20, 3:29 PM
    • 16th Jan 20, 3:29 PM
    Did you update the DVLA with the new address?

Seems a common problem, at present with people moving and not updating DVLA then finding they have a CCJ.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 16th Jan 20, 3:59 PM
    • 8,723 Posts
    • 8,613 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 16th Jan 20, 3:59 PM
    • 16th Jan 20, 3:59 PM
    What's more likely is that the parking company did no tracing prior to issuing a court claim (yet they're supposed to), and they used the address they received from DVLA when initially raising the PCN - which would have been the address the OP lived at, at that time.

Whilst what you state is possible, it is not the norm when dealing with parking cases.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,833Posts Today

6,520Users online

Martin's Twitter