IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Foreigner POPLA Appeal Help

Comments

• Hahaha, if I just state my case in truth, they will think that is a bad appeal. Thank you!
  • send a SAR to brittania , enclose photocopy of driving licence and utility bill

be sure to include your full address

happy days
  • What is a SAR? Now I am confused again. Send this to the email address? Attach to the POPLA appeal? What is the purpose? I'm sorry I'm so new at this.
  • subject access request to bruttania , they MUST give all info held about you

if they say no , you kick off as they are actually chasing you , they started it , they knew you were non UK , they tried to scam you even tho you are not legally enforceable

or just sit back , if the hire co charge you , return here we will sort bruttanua for you
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Relax. You are untouchable on the other side of the pond. You've reminded me though my ESTA has expired. I'm going to have to sort one out soon again.
  • MistyZ
    MistyZ Posts: 1,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hahaha, if I just state my case in truth, they will think that is a bad appeal. Thank you!

Actually, given what you've told us about the situation in the car park and the length of the alleged overstay, you would have had a pretty good chance of success at POPLA.

There again, as with all things related to the Private Parking Companies, POPLA is unreliable and some of its decisions make little sense. Just do as advised and all will be well.

You have had a very British experience. Sorry about that.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Post #5 of the Newbies FAQ sticky thread near the top of the forum has acronym explanations
  • Redx wrote: »
    Post #5 of the Newbies FAQ sticky thread near the top of the forum has acronym explanations

yes but are they spelt correctly for someone from the USA
  • Thanks everyone for your help!

I cannot find the Newbie FAQ near the top.
    Hahaha, and we say "spelled". ;)
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 15 January 2020 at 11:27PM
    I cannot find the Newbie FAQ near the top.
    Hit your back button to take you back to the forum thread list. Work down from the top of the list and it's there in front of you, one of the first four in the list. Can't still find it? - ask for a refund on the Labrador!
    Hahaha, and we say "spelled".
    We can (and do) use either. The Queen's English has deteriorated somewhat across the pond since Independence!

I mean the Donald is getting it a bit wrong. Surely he means 'Let's make America great (Britain) again'. Possibly King Harry and Queen Meghan might help y'all! :rotfl:
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport