Auf Weidhersehen Debt

Comments

• Brookside88
    Brookside88 Posts: 338 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hello :D

PA is fab!

I 'Thank' as I read along, I don't always pop out to post but I do always thank to show at least it's being read :p

You've made a brilliant start :D

x

Thanks, I'm definitely going to check out pa if the tiny dictator has a nap today :rotfl:
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    Hello!

I always find all online forums like a club I can't join. Particularly the mum ones. It doesn't matter how many times I post other members are friends on fb and or just interact more with each other and ignore me. This forum is much better - people reach out to you and support you as you've seen here. It's hard as it's so fast moving to find everybody and because some people *cough cough* disappear for a bit as they get spending again. But you'll get your own rythym. PLEASE PLEASE read other people's diaries. They have a wealth of experience in there to help you keep going through the long slog. They will give you tips that will relate to you. I always make sure to read jwils diary as she is the queen of decluttering and that's the kind of debt busting that helped me. Some diaries are meal plans over and over and I don't find that as interesting but I am pants at meal plans. Plus if you're on here reading diaries you're not elsewhere on the net spending money.

Great news on on hubbys new job. And great job on your debt so far. You're doing brilliantly. And don't worry about the McDonald's. You're still learning and they certainly save the day - I just buy for the kids if I go in there now. Unless I've really messed up lol. Keep up the great work xxxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • Brookside88
    sashybo wrote: »
    Another vote for PA, I got a £7 survey a few weeks ago. :j Onep0ll is good as surveys are really quick, most are 10-15p but it adds up quickly as long as you remember to check a couple of times a day, I do it on my phone too.

As for am@zon shopping, have you heard of Kidstart? You can get cashback for am@zon there, wish I'd known about it when I was buying loads of baby stuff when I was pregnant! I'm pretty sure I saw it on someone's diary around here but can't remember whose. :o Baby brain. :rotfl: Anyway, I've only recently started using it but it has tracked my purchases so far. :)

£7 Is huge for a survey! I'll definitely be checking this out. I'm finding the qmee ones a bit flaky at the moment. I had a good run about a month ago where I made about a fiver in an evening but since then they seem to have dried up a bit.

I hadn't heard of kidstart, that looks interesting. Does it have to pay into the child's account? (Controversial) :rotfl:
  • Brookside88
    Kitten868 wrote: »
    Hello!

I always find all online forums like a club I can't join. Particularly the mum ones. It doesn't matter how many times I post other members are friends on fb and or just interact more with each other and ignore me. This forum is much better - people reach out to you and support you as you've seen here. It's hard as it's so fast moving to find everybody and because some people *cough cough* disappear for a bit as they get spending again. But you'll get your own rythym. PLEASE PLEASE read other people's diaries. They have a wealth of experience in there to help you keep going through the long slog. They will give you tips that will relate to you. I always make sure to read jwils diary as she is the queen of decluttering and that's the kind of debt busting that helped me. Some diaries are meal plans over and over and I don't find that as interesting but I am pants at meal plans. Plus if you're on here reading diaries you're not elsewhere on the net spending money.

Great news on on hubbys new job. And great job on your debt so far. You're doing brilliantly. And don't worry about the McDonald's. You're still learning and they certainly save the day - I just buy for the kids if I go in there now. Unless I've really messed up lol. Keep up the great work xxxx

It's difficult isn't it. I generally read on my lunch break at work and by the time I get round to commenting it's time to get back to work! Must try harder.

I couldn't possibly go to Maccys and not get myself something too :rotfl:
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    I hadn't heard of kidstart, that looks interesting. Does it have to pay into the child's account? (Controversial) :rotfl:

:rotfl: No, it says on the site it can be paid into any bank account so you could set it up as another cashback site basically. :)
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • Rachel24
    Rachel24 Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi I just wanted to pop by and say hello! Im terrible for reading diaries and never commenting. I started my own diary ages ago and never bothered to update it because I'm too lazy! Love reading everyone else's. I started about the same debt as you. I'd love to have a baby but with my level of debt I'm wanting to clear as much as I can by the end of the year. You are doing so well! Have you got any goals of when you want to clear it?
  • I read lots and rarely comment too but hello and good luck! :)
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • Rachel24 wrote: »
    Hi I just wanted to pop by and say hello! Im terrible for reading diaries and never commenting. I started my own diary ages ago and never bothered to update it because I'm too lazy! Love reading everyone else's. I started about the same debt as you. I'd love to have a baby but with my level of debt I'm wanting to clear as much as I can by the end of the year. You are doing so well! Have you got any goals of when you want to clear it?

Hi! thanks for dropping in. I think next xmas is achievable. Providing nothing catastrophic happens with the house or car! (touch wood). I'd love another but there's just no way at the moment with my repayments. what's your target to clear yours?
  • I read lots and rarely comment too but hello and good luck! :)

Thanks! I must try harder!
  • Brookside88
    Just done my first prolific academic survey. £1.15! Which is more than I've earned in a week on qmee! Thanks for the recommendations guys.

Went to asda earlier for a few bits. Spent £23.20 which is about what I expected. Spotted a nice long receipt in the car park trolley bay but somebody was watching so I left it to pick up when I came out but it had gone. Gutted. Kicking myself now! Hopefully my own receipt will be worth something!

Just cooking up my weekly Bolognese for the freezer and defrosted some chicken for tonight. Got a fajita kit in the cupboard so we'll use that. Hope you're all having a lazy Sunday
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure