Our attempt at being MF!!

Comments

• pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Congratulations on the weight loss Cath. Are you exercising/eating healthily or a bit of both? I love my food but thankfully I also love to run:o!!
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Thanks PP, I've done different things over the years but this 'plan' has become a way of life now. In the past I have run (did 2 HM) to earn wine and cake, lost no weight but felt a little trimmer. Then did bodycOach which was intense but got great results, however was not sustainable. It was doing that I stopped running as I just didn't have the time or energy on top of intense and lengthy weight workouts.

For the past 12 months or so I have followed a particular couple on fb and follow their advice and have learned so so much. I eat a set amount of calories (they've worked out macros for me) this amount is far higher than what mfp would allow me, I input everything in mfp, I weigh myself daily and focus on my weekly average, do 15k steps a day and building up my weights workouts.

I've actually just been screenshotting some photos from our holiday last September before we go again in a couple of weeks. I put on weight last year due to stress and low mood thinking regular bowls of sugary cereal would provide me with energy!

So in a nutshell, I eat in a caloric deficit, do steps and weights and fit it in around everything else.

You're pretty active too aren't you.

No great plans for today, day off again which is nice.

Having blinds fitted today in lounge so can take down curtain pole and horrible brown curtains. Mum wants curtain pole for her room and the curtains can go to the charity shop.

Need to make dentist appointments for the children.

Lego table I am selling is being picked up so that's a £20 sale. Will see if she wants other bits of Lego we have for free as ds is not interested at all.

Also need to do some more work on my bullet journal as spent too much time just colouring it last night! Had no squirt my cream for my hot chocolate which was a huge disappointment. Also can't buy any until Thursday as determined the next 3 days will be NSD's!!
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,670 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Is that RHF or Susta1n by any chance, Cath?

The revised BC plan is much more family friendly - shorter workouts and less intense prep on meals needed! :)
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • CathT
    Yeah it's Te@m RH, have you seen them around?

NSD didn't happen. We have had visitors, of the head variety!! £10.99 spent on lotion, already had one in from a panic buy for a false alarm a while ago. The house descended into chaos after this with the treatments and washing just was the man arrived to fit the blind!
  • CathT
    I'd heard the BC plan had changed a little. I really did get good results but it was very expensive and time consuming. I just eat normal foods now and make them fit my macros.
  • CathT
    Just a quick post from me as am a bit headachey and was supposed to be having an early night.

Well, we survived until payday. Just tomorrow to get out of the way and we can replenish the pots and do the money shuffle. Payday not really any good for much else! Hoping to pay a good chunk off the FD 0% deal that is about to end. Have set up a page in my bujo so can track where we are with certain finances at the start of each month. I keep adding things in as I remember them and the latest addition is dh nest pension. There's not a great deal in there but it adds to the retirement pot. I am debating adding my student loan but it's just too depressing as feels like I'll have it for eternity!

Ordered a book off 3bay on the 12th and it still hasn't arrived so had to message the seller about that. Also waiting on builder from extension build to get back to me and the plumber as my
    Mum seems to have broken the overflow in the bath! Will chase up both things tomoro. Dh has sold some DVD's and given me £7 towards @lton towers. The £20 I sold an item for yesterday went off the t3sco card. Will be strict about using it to stooze this month as we are paying some interest on it now which isn't MSE at all.

Wasn't such a quick update after all. Also have done my 15k steps (as I do each day) and about 15 minutes of shoulders and abs weights today. No wonder I'm tired. Did I also mention I've been to work all day!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Hope you had a good night's sleep.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,670 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    I've seen lots of mention about RH on facebook. Lots of people who do BC seem to gravitate there after.

I had the BC plan last year but didn't finish/ graduate. However, I still got a free copy of the new plan this year :T I may look at RH in the Autumn
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • CathT
    Thanks Apple, woke up with the headache and felt off all day but after a very brief nap after dinner felt a bit more normal. Went over my calories but hit my steps and cals will even out over the week. Had lovely compliments from a colleague today about how toned I look. If I wasn't lifting weights I'd probably have got the 'don't you think you should stop now' comments.

Greent I do recognise a few BC faces/names on there. I got fab results on bc but learned nothing and always felt like I needed a new plan or just to do C3 forever which meant long workouts and hunger!!

Small food shop today mainly for protein sources taking total monthly spends to £156.48. Had over £40 left over in food account which is the first time in a long time as we usually borrow from it at the end of the month.

Completed numerous surveys on y0ugov today (so easy on my phone) so made at least 250 points with more surveys guaranteed.

Book ordered on 3bay on the 12th still hasn't arrived and message hasn't been responded to. Chased up builders again, no reply. Forgot to ring the dentist.....again.

Is it Friday yet? Speaking of Fridays, our dd plays football and as well as getting into the North east region squad she has now qualified for the complete north region! Their latest game was against Man City so it's pretty exciting for her! Perhaps streamline september is going to be offset with ferrying her back and to and training is until 8:30 on a Friday! Looks like Saturday evening will now have to be the focus!
  • CathT
    Urgh,what an exhausting and stressful week with two headaches to contend with. Colleagues commented on how tired I look and I've also had a bit of lung pain from where I had pneumonia a couple of years ago. Probably just hurting as I feel run down so have requested repeat bloods from my gp. Will see if they can be done today so I get the results back before we go away.

No real plans today but do need to get out with the children at some point as they keep winding each other up. Welcome to the end of the summer holidays! Small top up shop yesterday to include wine for dh, I fell asleep at 9pm despite moving on from fizzy elderflower drink to a coffee! Will try and redeem myself this evening by watching a whole film.

I've just added some jobs to my 'to do' list in my bujo and realised I've not even done last weeks. Today we do need to fill in the paintwork in the lounge from were curtain pole came down so we can touch up the paint over the weekend. I'll also ask dh to change the strimmer wire as it's a quick job and then i can tick it off, really clutching at the 'quick wins' here.

August supermarket spends: £171.54 so far. We do need another quick shop for a picnic for @lton towers on Monday but otherwise not too much needed for the rest of the month, then we are away for a week in September and I never feel the need to eat much returning from an all inclusive!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback