Slimming in to Spring - Slimming World Support Thr

Options

Comments

• happyandcontented
    Options
    I would like to start doing SW but have no idea where to begin. Do you all attend actual meetings or just do it on your own using the tips and recipes from here?

Any tips, pointers to posts on how to start, what the abbreviations mean etc, would be very welcome. I have just ordered the SW magazine to be delivered with my shopping tomorrow so hopefully, that will help too.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 12 April 2018 at 5:44PM
    Options
    Maman - I don't shop monthly I meal plan monthly! But over half the meals during the month will by "ready meals" from the freezer. I just buy the fresh stuff weekly. Although when it comes to meat I quite often buy a load in one go at the butchers. This week he had a lean deal for £20 and there's enough meat there for probably a couple of dozen meals, if not a bit more. I got him to change the mince for low fat sausages & burgers as his mince tends to be more like 10% than 5% fat so I stick to buying that at one of the supermarkets.

My new week starts today as well, so 105 from today until Wednesday. Only 1.5 syns used so far today but there is still several hours to go before bedtime, LOL!

Well done on just having a coffee. It can be quite difficult not to eat when others do, can't it?

Denise
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I would like to start doing SW but have no idea where to begin. Do you all attend actual meetings or just do it on your own using the tips and recipes from here?

Any tips, pointers to posts on how to start, what the abbreviations mean etc, would be very welcome. I have just ordered the SW magazine to be delivered with my shopping tomorrow so hopefully, that will help too.

Welcome to the thread. The magazine will help you a bit as it will have a week's meal plan in it plus other recipes to try. Have to say I'm not particularly impressed with this month's magazine but that's probably because I've been doing SW for a long time and most of the recipes seem to be regurgitate versions of old recipes!

I would suggest you read the first few posts of this thread which explains the plan well and makes it easy to understand.

I still go to group as a target member but not everyone on the thread attends group so there's no need to if it's a problem to get to a group or you can't afford to go. If you can manage it you may find it worthwhile to go to one meeting just to get the books and the new member talk.

Denise
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Evening all
    Been to Meadowhall with OH today. I went to get some summer trousers as its supposed to be really warm next week. Whereas previously I would have skulked round Yours and bought whatever I fitted into (whether I liked it or not) I was able to go into Primark and pick out whatever I actually liked! I bought four pairs of lightweight cotton trousers (2 printed, 2 plain) a cropped Bardot top, 2 plain cotton floaty t-shirts, a black gypsy style top and a lovely blue and white top which ties at the shoulders- I have a cropped cotton cardy to wear with that as I dont like my arms. It felt so good to literally just go in and pick a load of size 18s pretty much knowing they would fit. They all did- the tops are a little bit big but I would rather they were loose in warm weather. The trousers fit lovely! I also bought a top and some leggings from Superdry but the top unfortunately will have to go back. It does fit but just clings a bit too much for my liking which is a shame. The leggings are fine though and look great with one of the Primark t-shirts. Went to Nandos for lunch, was so tempted when I smelled the chips cooking but with 9 days until my awards night there is no room for any of that! OH had a starter plus creamy mash and slaw with his meal- and my favourite garlic sauce- but I was a good girl and had my SW friendly meal!
    Todays food:
    B: HEXB overnight oats, decaf coffee with HEXA
    L: Nandos plain chicken butterfly (3) corn on the cob, salad, water
    T: Oriental salmon, noodles, salad. Strawberries and Halo Top cookie dough (4.5)
    S: 3 Crackerbreads with Ham (3) Quavers (4.5)
    Syns: 15
    Hello, frogga. Nice to see you back!
    Welcome, taskey. Could not help noticing your location- I have a friend who lives there.
    Great news dusty- well done you!
    Waves to anyone else I have missed and love to you all as usual xx
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is the butterfly chicken from Nandos 3 syns with skin?

The garlic sauce is either 0.5 or 1 syn per tablespoon Mrs Ryan, I keep a bottle in the fridge to liven up SW chips.

My interim weigh in showed an STS today *sobs*

Let's hope for a bit off before Monday!

B/D - Bacon, light and lean sausages (1 syn for 2), fry lighted eggs, roasted cherry tomatoes, mushrooms cooked in frylight then simmered in chicken stock and sw chips

T - Cottage pie (half hexa plus 1 syn) and green beans

An options before bed, with two alpen lights for hexb and the rest of my hexa on milk.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all:D
    Welcome to the newbies :wave:
    Those away/going out have a good time :D
    Dusty fantastic numbers :T:T:T mine is due :o
    - 2 lb:j:j:j:j for me this week:D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Nicki
    Nicki Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    Options
    My 7lb weekend gain hasn't stuck fortunately. I tend to weigh myself twice a week (on Thursdays and Mondays) and use my Monday weight for the weekly chart. Last Thursday I was 11 stone 2lb, on Monday I was 11 stone 9 :eek: and today I was 11 stone 4 (but yesterday was our wedding anniversary and I had a large meal last night). I'm hoping at least by next Thursday I'll be back to 11 stone 2 and can then start losing again.

I'd been feeling really good up to the weekend because I'd lost 2.5 stone and people were starting to notice and I was fitting back in all my old clothes and looking good. But we had a family reunion, and all the women my age were really petite (under 5'2 and probably about size 6/8). I'm 5'6" and a 10/12 now and I felt like a giant beside them all! I think I need to lose another stone which would put me in the middle of my ideal weight range and probably a small size 10. Hopefully I can get there in time for the summer.
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Top_Girl wrote: »
    Is the butterfly chicken from Nandos 3 syns with skin?

The garlic sauce is either 0.5 or 1 syn per tablespoon Mrs Ryan, I keep a bottle in the fridge to liven up SW chips.

My interim weigh in showed an STS today *sobs*

Let's hope for a bit off before Monday!

B/D - Bacon, light and lean sausages (1 syn for 2), fry lighted eggs, roasted cherry tomatoes, mushrooms cooked in frylight then simmered in chicken stock and sw chips

T - Cottage pie (half hexa plus 1 syn) and green beans

An options before bed, with two alpen lights for hexb and the rest of my hexa on milk.

It is 3 syns yes- I love the skin so Im happy to spend 3 syns on having it with skin :) I wasnt too bothered about the sauce as I usually only have it when I have chips :D
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,824 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

Welcome. As joedenise says, reading the first few posts of this thread is a good starting point. There are all sorts on this thread - some go to group, some don't, some have reached target and some haven't.

Personally I don't go to group, but I did get the starter pack which takes you through how the whole thing works. There are usually people selling them on e-bay, although they can be quite expensive (make sure you get the latest version of things). You may find it's just as cheap to go along to a group one time just to get the pack and see what the group's like, and then decide whether to keep going or try to do it yourself unofficially.

So far, with the help and support of the people on this thread, I've been ok going it alone (I've lost 3 1/2 stone in six months) but I know there are others who find they need the motivation of a face to face group - everyone's journey is different.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,290 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad to report 1 1/2 off this week.
    & won couple of the year with my friend!!

Hope you had a good result bubbs.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure