Sunday roast Toby Carvery

Options
Can anyone tell me the price of the roast dinner after 5pm on a Sunday at a Toby Carvery.

Shouldn't have to go on here for this but on the website there is no indication of the cost

Thank you

Comments

• unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The prices should be on the web site for each carvery but not all seem to show it.

Checked my local ones and a few others and there doesn't appear to be a difference in price for after 5PM. The price is £8.99 for the 4 roast carvery
  • givememoney
    givememoney Posts: 1,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    unforeseen wrote: »
    The prices should be on the web site for each carvery but not all seem to show it.

Checked my local ones and a few others and there doesn't appear to be a difference in price for after 5PM. The price is £8.99 for the 4 roast carvery

Thanks very much it's not on the one we're going to.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nine quid for the rubbish they serve-up! :eek: :eek: :eek:
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    pogofish wrote: »
    Nine quid for the rubbish they serve-up! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I only ever go on Saturdays, as £6.29 is a good deal for what they offer in my opinion. Plus there is often an offer to get dessert and main for £6.99.

I've rarely been served "rubbish" yes it isn't the best cooked roasting joint in the world but its edible and there is always at least 4-6 veg and very good roast potatoes. Yorkshire puds seem to vary a lot depending who the chef was that day I think, sometimes great, sometimes pancakes!

Most pubs in London charge at least £10 for Sunday roast and it isn't always much better, so I find Tob Carvery a good deal at £6.

But yes I avoid going Sundays as it is £2.50 more for basically the same food.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Every time I've been in a Toby, its been on the wrong side of vile. With little choice, much of the menu "off" and what was being served dried-out/overdone.

Maybe its because we are at the far-end of their supply chain and admittedly I've not been that many times but on the back of those showings, I'm not at all encouraged to go back.

At least the last time I was in one they took the price down to something like two quid each because of the state of things but even then I think they got the better end of the deal! :(
  • imho
    imho Posts: 2,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My local Toby is excellent it's in Reading next to the river. Never had a bad roast dinner in there. Staff are very good.
    Must be where you live or staff if your local Toby is not good.
    Maybe complain to Toby headoffice.
  • Energize
    Options
    It's a carvery tbf you don't generally expect good quality. Surprised that people are going out for a meal that they consider to be just "edible" though, it's so much better value to pay more for for a decent eating out experience.
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I am more of a Crown Carvery person, never had many problems there bar carvery being a little salty and dry on occasion.

Been to Toby twice, one time was ok but nowhere near as good as Crown, and one where the Yorkshire pud and the parsnips were rock solid, veg tasted reheated.

With both I assume it varies by local pub.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    imho wrote: »
    My local Toby is excellent it's in Reading next to the river. Never had a bad roast dinner in there. Staff are very good.
    Must be where you live or staff if your local Toby is not good.
    Maybe complain to Toby headoffice.

Our local one is brilliant.

Went to one while we were away and not so good. The waitress asked if all ok and when we said not really they took off the cost of one so it was ok for what we ended up paying.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure