Toto Energy Harrassment

Hi all

Can anyone advise me on what to do about Toto energy constantly calling/writing/emailing me?

I switched to them when I was at a vulnerable time, I have mental health issues and physically disabled.
They came to my door selling, normally I wouldn't do this.
There were many things he omitted to tell me.
He knew I was disabled and would be claiming the warm home discount, but he didn't tell me they didn't do this, also the figures for the tarrif he quoted were not the same as the letter i was sent after signing up. They also said that I would not be billed exit fees from my old supplier, but I was.
I did try to cancel within the 14 days, but they have no record of it and dont accept this.

When the switch was complete, I immediately switched to a different company, and the switch has now been completed.

Since signing up, they call me every day, sometimes many times a day. writing to me and emailing.
They want me to set up the direct debit for payment etc.
Also they have been trying to set up a smart meter appt. I told them I have switched but they keep calling about it, and this morning received a letter with a date for meter installation.

I had emailed them twice asking them to stop contacting me, unless it to give me my final bill, but I have had no reply.
I rang them about 3 weeks ago, to again request this, and the man i spoke to said he had put a block on my account for 2 months preventing any communication until my final bill comes.
But they persist.
I have emailed them again this morning, but I don't expect a reply!

What do i do??

Thanks for your help :-D

Comments

• Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,101 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Don't phone - don't email.

Write - letter headed COMPLAINT. Bare details
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,162 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I blame it on the rains in Africa.
  • catgirl-69 wrote: »
    Hi all

Can anyone advise me on what to do about Toto energy constantly calling/writing/emailing me?

I switched to them when I was at a vulnerable time, I have mental health issues and physically disabled.
    They came to my door selling, normally I wouldn't do this.
    There were many things he omitted to tell me.
    He knew I was disabled and would be claiming the warm home discount, but he didn't tell me they didn't do this, also the figures for the tarrif he quoted were not the same as the letter i was sent after signing up. They also said that I would not be billed exit fees from my old supplier, but I was.
    I did try to cancel within the 14 days, but they have no record of it and dont accept this.

When the switch was complete, I immediately switched to a different company, and the switch has now been completed.

Since signing up, they call me every day, sometimes many times a day. writing to me and emailing.
    They want me to set up the direct debit for payment etc.
    Also they have been trying to set up a smart meter appt. I told them I have switched but they keep calling about it, and this morning received a letter with a date for meter installation.

I had emailed them twice asking them to stop contacting me, unless it to give me my final bill, but I have had no reply.
    I rang them about 3 weeks ago, to again request this, and the man i spoke to said he had put a block on my account for 2 months preventing any communication until my final bill comes.
    But they persist.
    I have emailed them again this morning, but I don't expect a reply!

What do i do??

Thanks for your help :-D

Really?
    Back in June you were complaining they seemed impossible to contact...:cool:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=74460411&postcount=3
  • Yes, that is true!

I can't get hold of them, but they call me!
    When I answer it's an automated message to call them, never a person.
    So I've now had enough.

They email me when they want something, they write, they ring, but I can't do the same it seems.
    Only managed to speak to someone twice since this all started.
  • Skools_Out
    Skools_Out Posts: 258 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 19 August 2018 at 11:49AM
    s
    catgirl-69 wrote: »
    Yes, that is true!

I can't get hold of them, but they call me!
    When I answer it's an automated message to call them, never a person.
    So I've now had enough.

They email me when they want something, they write, they ring, but I can't do the same it seems.
    Only managed to speak to someone twice since this all started.

Evience indicates they are quick to respond to facebook messages, both posts or DMs.
    There's also evidence that Toto do call people to resolve issues, not just automated calls asking you to call them.

Please note they only open Monday to Friday 8am - 8pm and Saturday 9am -5pm.

I understand the calls to you are regarding money they claim you owe them.
    This appears to have been caused due to you cancelling the Direct Debit mandate in their favour direct with your bank
  • I've switched from Toto as soon as I could and now with someone else, I'm just waiting for a final bill.
    They don't seem to be calling for money anymore, but to install a meter.
    Anything else I wouldn't know, as the calls are only ever automated.

As I said, I Have spoken to them twice when i finally managed to get through, and spoke to them about the issues that I've said now, and previously. Both calls seem to go well, but still they persist. Nothing seems to have changed.

I know you say 'evidence indicates' they call people, not just automated, but I haven't had one of those yet! I guess my evidence suggests they don't. I'll DM on facebook and see what happens.

Thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport