Future Energy Administration

Options

Comments

• Hopejack
    Hopejack Posts: 507 Forumite
    edited 28 August 2018 at 8:55PM
    Options
    The plus 5% is because the figures include 5% VAT. So that is actually correct.

I agree with all your other points though. I had the same curt email from *Removed by Forum Team* - just saying they have no further information and the administrators will have to deal with it. Yet you contact them and they refuse to speak to you and tell you to deal with CDS!

I’ve done all I can for now. The last thing I want is a black mark for non payment on my credit file but I don’t think I should be expected to pay for an incorrect bill and I have a right to know what happened to my credit and if they did take it, why wasn’t I informed and why hadn’t it been taken into account on the payment request.

My request for payment has no meter readings, only based on annual estimated use. Interestingly when I asked CDS where this came from they told me GS, when I asked GS they said it wasn’t from them as they couldn’t have possibly provided that info based on time I was with FES as they were never provided it and I was only with them for just over a month!

What I want to know is who I have to take this further with if they do not take my formal complaint seriously? Ofgem and the Energy Ombudsman don’t want to know!
  • danilovesky
    Options
    I recently received a slightly different letter from CDS Global to those described previously, which appeared to show a valid email address, account details and claimed to be requesting a balance due based on accurate meter readings, which do agree with my opening Future Energy readings and those that I took and passed to Green Star Energy which they have used as my opening readings with them.
    I am happy to pay whatever balance is due, as long as it is correct. I would even prefer to pay a larger amount knowing it was correct, than blindly pay the small balance requested but be left wondering if I and countless others are being requested to pay what could be incorrect and in some cases excessive amounts.

Given the large number of people affected by this issue, it is likely that this will include many vulnerable and / or less well off individuals and my broader worry is for their welfare.

Was it the first letter from CDS Global or was it in response to your request to re-calculate the balance based on the actual meter readings? I asked for re-calculation about two weeks ago and still no reply...
    I also would prefer to pay whatever balance is due, as long as it is correct.
  • squirrelz
    squirrelz Posts: 147 Forumite
    Options
    I've had one of these letters now, the electricity readings appear to be right, the gas is a complete fabrication - I have the actual readings to contest it. Also I have no balance transfer into GreenStar, but they have me down as paying some figure to about 15 decimal places, which I don't think is possible when I was paying either £75 or £80 each month.

I've emailed to contest it.
    Why pay more than you have to?
  • Hopejack
    edited 16 July 2018 at 11:37AM
    Options
    Squirrelz - did they give you actual meter reading then? I haven’t even had that, despite being on SMART meters! I have some readings though which cover the period and I think mine are way out, especially as there’s a credit I should have, but haven’t!

My letter simply said it was based on ‘annual estimated usage’!

Despite emailing the readings I have, and asking about the missing credit, I‘ve been told CDS cannot help me! So RSM are now looking into it but they are adamant it’s CDS’s responsibility.
  • BillyBarker
    BillyBarker Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    My letter came today. Same story. Figures a complete fabrication. Wanting £150 from me when I'm actually owed.

There's something not right going on here.
  • Hopejack
    Options
    It’s absolutely disgusting. And what’s worse is that Ofgem (who made assurances that all would be well and our credit etc would be protected), are nowhere to be seen and don’t want to know! Neither do the Energy Ombudsman. I wonder if the press would be interested?
  • DaveA_1
    Options
    I’ve just received a final balance statement from CDS Global and would urge everyone to closely inspect there statement. Apart from wrong tariff info (which brings my balance down ) there is a glaring basic error on my gas consumption.
    Opening meter read 719 kwhr
    Closing meter read 2646.099 kwhr
    Simple subtraction sum and they get 21623.299 kwhr for my consumption.
    Should be 1927.099 kwhr, a massive difference.
    For info my opening and Closing meter readings are correct on this statement.
    So, from apparently owing them £255.08, they actually owe me £430.63
  • Hopejack
    Options
    At least you got some meter readings! I haven’t even got that. It’s a complete shambles. As for being owed money. I‘ve been told by RSM that there is no money, so no credits will be returned by the sound of it. FES were the worst company I have ever had the pleasure of doing business with, even though they are no longer trading, they are still causing chaos almost 7 months after going under.

Surely there is some rescourse action we can take against Ofgem who promised us all we’d be protected?
  • Richie_barker1
    Options
    Not sure if this is being posted to the right section.

I received a letter this morning, same as everyone above, however I actually left FES in August 2017 and have just received this now!! I asked about outstanding moneys and was informed it appeared I had nothing owing (positive thaywbas the conversation - it was ages ago!) Are they able to send out these letters, over 10months later after not hearing from them, they were still trading for 5months from me leaving to them ceasing trade . They are stating I owe £243 even with an estimated gas bill (luckily I have emails and photos to back up my readings). Upon quickly checking it looks like they’ve overcharged me - although energy consumption is not my forte. Do they require full payment up front or can you accept payment instalments once final amount is confirmed.

Thanks !!!9786;!!!65039;
  • Hopejack
    Options
    Unfortunately they have up to 12 months according to Ofgem. Think it’s ridiculous that timescale was set, but it is that....

Seems they’re chasing for payment but it’s unlikely anyone owing payment will see it again!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure