Barclays mortgage time scale

Comments

• Nicola83
    Nicola83 Posts: 71 Forumite
    Looks like everyone is progressing well then ��
    We got a request from Barclays yesterday for our authority to proceed from help to buy and once they have that they'll send an offer out!!!
    Hoping to have it by middle of next week at the latest.
  • Update on mine!

Following the survey, they asked us this morning to have a Timber and Damp Report done. I was able to find an independent surveyor with no vested interest in selling us fixes who had a slot open up tomorrow afternoon following a rescheduled appointment.

I'm not concerned that they will find anything because the vendor had a full structural survey done on it two years ago, and we suspect the lender did a remote valuation as they didn't ask for access to the property. If you look it up on Rightmove, you can see it has exposed beams, so we think they saw those and are just wanting to double check it is all okay.

Fingers remain firmly crossed.
  • Nicola83
    Update on mine.
    After just over 2 weeks we now have our mortgage offer!!!
    Feels like it's took forever, but 2 weeks isn't bad I guess.
    Hoping to exchange this week and complete 2 weeks on Friday!!!!
  • Great news, Nicola! We had our timber and damp survey today so hoping we get the report soon to pass over to Barclays.
  • Still waiting.

23/01/18 - Submitted mortgage application through broker
    24/01/18 - Advised via broker that credit search has been successful and mortgage approved subject to underwriting and property valuation
    25/01/18 - Mortgage declaration signed and returned to broker
    01/02/18 - Update from broker saying the valuation report has been received by Barclays and that it's now going to underwriting.
    05/02/18 - Barclays request a damp and timber survey.
    06/02/18 - Damp and timber survey takes place.
    08/02/18 - Survey report received and sent on to mortgage provider.
    13/02/18 - Have been advised that underwriters are reviewing the report and then will pass it on to their surveyors. Next update not expected from Barclays until Monday the 19th.
  • Fingers crossed you hear something soon cbullock. The waiting is the hardest part.
  • Still waiting!
  • cbullock
    cbullock Posts: 7
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Mortgage offer received! Elapsed time from the application: 37 calendar days.

Our saga was impacted by apparent technical issues between the bank and the surveying panel, but we got there in the end. Phew!
  • Nicola83
    :j:j
    That's great news cbullock!!!
    Now the excitement really begins :beer:
  • allyant
    allyant Posts: 12 Forumite
    Currently got an application with Barclays, few stumbling blocks but it seems as if they are waiting on valuation. Can anyone confirm that they don't instruct valuators until the rest of the application has been approved?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure