Using a credit card to pay of 2nd charge mortgage

vapcq55
vapcq55 Posts: 4 Newbie
Hi

I want to pay of a 2nd charge mortgage. WhilstI could transfer the sum to the company's bank account, I want to protect my money - as the Loan company whilst regulated by the FCA is owned by at least one other company, ie not a high street company. My plan was to pay most using my credit card and then pay this off, however the loan company won't take credit card.

How else can I pay this loan whilst protecting myself if they turn out to be a scam, fraudulent?

Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    If you have a mortgage with them, why do you think they are a scam?

If you send payment to their account details, the job's done.
  • MEM62
    MEM62 Posts: 4,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    vapcq55 wrote: »
    How else can I pay this loan whilst protecting myself if they turn out to be a scam, fraudulent?
    Thanks

They have a charge on your house. It's too late to worry about it being a scam. That thought process needed to take place before you borrowed the money.
  • Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,683 Forumite
    What are you trying to protect against? You're not buying anything, so S75 won't cover you.

The only thing I can think of is them claiming you didn't pay them fully, but you'd be able to prove that with any receipt or bank statement.
  • foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    You will need a credit card with a money transfer option. Good lucks and report back once you have enough credit.
  • Pixie5740
    Pixie5740 Posts: 14,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    foxy-stoat wrote: »
    You will need a credit card with a money transfer option. Good lucks and report back once you have enough credit.

That won't help the OP. The OP wants to use a credit card to "protect" his (or her) money rather than just transferring the money from his current account. As the loan company won't accept credit card payments it's moot.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure