Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy

Comments

• MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    blanik wrote: »
    I submit the meter readings onto their basic website and can see my bills there. I get nothing by e-mail - but that is not a problem.

Eversmart has been improving, but the integration to comparison sites does appear to be a bit incomplete.

I noticed a new tariff on their website, not on comparisons, and they were happy to change my existing tariff with them to the new one so that I extended my end date for the fixed period by an extra 6 months.

If they are still the cheapest at the end of my contract I will probably stick with them.

I phoned them today and something was not set up correctly but they confirmed the start readings and that corresponds with the closing readings from my former suppliers. They advise the bill is now generated and available online to view. However there is a problem with gaining access to the site today. Never mind at leasts its there and he confirmed the financial figures over the phone.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    How do you set up an on line account ? Nothing in the welcome pack / e-mail.
  • beardiedog
    beardiedog Posts: 658 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The website is very quick and responsive this afternoon.

Managed to get a quote saving me £140 a year over Octopus. I might take a chance with them as soon as I can switch.
  • JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    molerat wrote: »
    Looks like I will be switching here, overall comments seem positive. On the website they push the smart meter but from comments it is not compulsory.

edit : switch in progress, will be supplied by them from 8 Sep.

edit 2: Welcome pack received. 12 months is from today and not start of supply. Again talks of making smart meter appointment but no mention of being contractual or if you can refuse.

Is the welcome pack paper or electronic? I'm at the start of a 2 week holiday at the moment and I want to transfer to Eversmart but I'm wondering if I might get sent something to my home and if my not reading it for a while might be a problem.
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,606 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    JohnB47 wrote: »
    Is the welcome pack paper or electronic? I'm at the start of a 2 week holiday at the moment and I want to transfer to Eversmart but I'm wondering if I might get sent something to my home and if my not reading it for a while might be a problem.

My welcome pack was delivered on-line as a PDF attachment by E-mail a couple of minutes after I'd signed up. I'm saving around £220 against Octopus's prices.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • JohnB47 wrote: »

It's via email.
  • JohnB47
    edited 20 August 2018 at 7:56PM
    Thanks guys.

OK I've just arranged to switch from Octopus to Eversmart. The message at the bottom of the 'Congratulations/Welcome' page has dented my confidence though. It says:

"You have started the switch to Eversmart your welcome pack to your email address."

Don't they read their website messages?

I'll be paying almost exactly what I was paying IRESA, who had given me no problems at all, so here's hoping.

Edit: Just received the Welcome pack - quick!
  • JohnB47
    Can anyone please confirm that, when agreeing to use Eversmart as energy supplier, you are not contractually agreeing to have a smart meter installed?

I've signed up to them and have received the welcome pack. I can't see anything about it being compulsory to have a smart meter installed.

Am I correct? If I ever have a smart meter installed it will be SMETS2 (or later).

Ta.
  • ICV
    ICV Posts: 47 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 22 August 2018 at 11:49AM
    After a fairly uneventful year once everything settled down my original Fixed Smart Special tariff ends on 1/9/18 and I've heard nothing from them about a new contract. They also stopped asking for meter readings months ago. Slightly concerned and a bit reluctant to log on to my account in case it results in a load of grief/hassle.
  • I was with Iresa, and whilst they were a small supplier, I had no problems with them at all.
    Iresa failed and I was moved to Octopus, but am now paying £120 a year more. :-(

Did a cheap energy club comparison and Eversmart came up as cheapest, only just a little more than Iresa, so I switched to them.

On the energy club the 'Welcome Home' tarrif was stated as being variable rate, but Eversmart's website said it was fixed. My confirmation email arrived quickly and confirms it is fixed, so looks like its an error on the energy club comparison.
    When I checked the switch details I had no problems with meter serial number (as others have), but realised that I had put the wrong bank account details in. Phoned eversmart up, had to wait perhaps 10 minutes in a queue, but lady I spoke to was really helpful, took the correct account details and made the change for me.

Based upon my experience so far I'm feeling comfortable about my eversmart switch
    I'd be happier on holiday in Brittany than being at work !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure