PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Comments

• Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,031 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    For the weekend
    1 A lovely day, we popped out to a local spot for the fruit and veg stall, and picked up an animal fleece, a top and trousers for me from the local CS at a pound each.
    2 Home to continue washing rounds from the line, in and the next load back out I have officially used all the line and pegs now.
    3 Planting out some plants we purchased on holiday and they really are very good quality really pleased, here!!!8217;s hoping they live.
    4 I popped out to Mr T there were a few reductions enough for us any rate speciality bread which just made us tea, 33p mince which will be cooked up into numerous things, and some bounty cookies.
    5 Relaxing tonight.

1 Grilled bacon for brekkie.
    2 It was supposed to be pork joint today but it!!!8217;s not fully defrosted, so yesterday!!!8217;s yellow labels were batch cooked up, 8 portions of lasagne and about 4 portions of chilli.
    3 Enjoyed weeding the garden, 2 bags of garden rubbish achieved and much animal playing.
    4 More washing up to date and hung out.
    5 Meal planned for the next 10 days.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,153 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Another sad day. Both hens happy this morning and eating berries and yoghurt with gusto. Went down again this afternoon and Marigold was in the sleeping quarters, still big, fat and gleaming - but dead. I was told they would live 18-24 months after being rescued from the battery farms and she and Barbara lived for 25 months. Samantha is now the only one left.

Pleasures for today (Sunday).

1) A lie in.

2) Smaller son went to a "legends" match at football where retired players played.

3) Bigger son went to meet his team at the National Citizen Scheme. He got on with everyone and is in their new Snapchat group and was given an (enormous!) NCS T shirt.

4) Phoned my school friend.

5) Bigger son went to the pub and bought a "pie and a pint" and had a game of pool.

6) Much merriment as smaller son and I struggled to get a hornet out of the house. At one stage, I shut us both in the kitchen and smaller son said, "Why are you making a cup of tea in these traumatic times?" :-D Later, I slammed the door and realised I had shut us both in the garden - we watched it through the window and had to explain to our neighbour what we were doing.

7) Bigger son finishes at college tomorrow and I always make a quick list of additional jobs I need to do - usually about 5 - and tomorrow there are 17 things waiting for me!
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Morning!

Yesterday

Didn’t quite manage the day in the garden......too tired after our London jaunt :rotfl:

1. 2 successful trips to the supermarket to buy beers for cash back on Checkout Smart and Click snap ;)

2. Shoes listed on EBay

3. BBQ food for tea, but ended up making it in the oven :rotfl:

4. Watched Sheldon and Amy wedding.

5. Did not enjoy first episode of Handmaids Tale. Was glad to get to bed.

Have a lovely day :)
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Have had a lovely, busy few days.
    1. On Friday went to London with my sister. She paid this time for an exhibition and lunch for my birthday.
    We went to the Monet and architecture exhibition which was excellent. It did show how his style changed but liked the majority of the paintings.

2. We had coffee in the crypt in Trafalgar square first which is a great building. Lunch was at Bronte a restaurant near Trafalgar square which was unusual but good and reasonable prices for where it was.

3. On Saturday I went to Scotney castle with a friend and had a cream tea and then walked round the grounds with her dogs. The azaleas were a blaze of colour.

4. In afternoon DS1 came to visit. We sat and chatted in the garden for a couple of hours.

5. In evening we went to a lovely restaurant with DH and DS2 and his girlfriend. The meal was very good and mash potato with crab in it was delicious.

6. Yesterday had a couple of hours in the garden and then went to a vineyard for a wine and cheese tour. Both wine and cheese were good and we chatted to a coup!e of women
    Will be sending DS2 to buy wine with his friend who gets staff discount!!

A lovely weekend and now back to work but only three days this week.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Aw Frith sorry to hear about Marigold but the longevity of her life is testament to your tlc.

Sunday pleasures,

Up just after six and walked small dog, I love these long days.

It was small dog’s 7th birthday so she shared our breakfast bacon.

Family get together, it was warm and sunny so we sat in DB’s garden, good to catch up and there was chocolate cake & Pimms, what’s not to like.

Evening wander around the garden and the warm, sunny weather had brought out the flowers on my patio rose, the most exquisite tiny yellow blooms.

Sitting up in bed reading and having a little tear over an especially sad part, you know it’s a good book when you live it with them.
  • V Forgets that yesterday when BoP visits the emporium that he gets in next weakened BBQ bits. That saves the crash next FryDay as everyone tries to copy the BoP! Would be inn town as well but as it is Bank Holiday, no trains are running! Brewery and getting bladdered springs to mind!

4 Had to fed neighbores cat this morning. Usual rules, feed Raffles thirst. He had his Kiteklat Trout this moaning. Neighbore uses these pouches. They’re poor. Bits of meat in copious gravy thing! No wander she does not eat it. Raffles, if he does not demolish his! Checked price in emporium last day and avoid the pouches!

3 Back at the mill, we have lit the fires for the week. No rest for the stokers.

2 Nite puppy fat trimming continues in the gym. Looking like Anderby Creek is on soon!

With that, ends another missive from BoP!
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning from the train home.

Pleasures for yesterday

1. Had a bath and watched the end of innocent. Ached so much after the walk on saturday (though I think i ache more today) that the bath was luvverly relief
    2. Watched 'the wedding' highlights. Skipped the dull bits :p
    3. Walked by the sea - saw dolphins in the bay. People keep saying they are there but i'd never seen them before. We were all very excited.
    4. OH cooked lamb with jersey royals for tea - love a jersey royal i do, I'd have just had a plateful of those, drowning in butter.
    5. went to the pictures to see 'Funny cow' which was... odd. Came home and watched the Huge Grunt Jeremy thorpe thing that was much better.

Have a good day all
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Happy Birthday VJs Mother!
  • 1)Lovely walk round Exbury gardens near Fawley this morning, the rhododendrons and azaleas are in full bloom just now and it is like walking through an enormous rainbow, so beautiful.

2) Meeting some lovely ladies when we shared a table with them for coffee and cake at the little tea room half way round.

3) The smell of steam, coal made steam from the little locomotive engine that runs in the grounds, it's a wonderful smell.

4) Meeting a lurcher I would dearly love to have owned as we walked in the shade, he was part wolf hound, greyhound, collie and several other breeds but was beautiful with a gorgeous broken coat and such a friendly boy, I think it's LOVE!

5) The sunshine, blue sky and being warm which is so lovely after all the long cold and dismal weather we've had this spring.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,902 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    RIP marigold, but as laineyt says excellent testimonial to your care frith
    1) arrived safely in Glasgow, met ds for lunch, then train down to Manchester with him. Discoveredmuch cheaper to buy 2 separate tickets than single ticket Dundee to Manchester
    2) stayed overnight in Manchester then off to Lyon with 2 dear friends
    3) 1st evening, wander through to Rhône and found nice barge bar to share a cheese platter and bottle of rose
    4) Saturday guided walking tour of Lyon trip to lovely village with roman remains then dinner and of course lots of sun
    5) Sunday trip up to basilica, beautiful mass, light lunch,wander through market, organ concert, dinner then finish Robert harris Conclave. Very good
    6) today an abbey at Cluny and a chateau en route to Beaune.
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure