Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• Afternoon! It's so showery here today so it's an indoor DIY kind of day, there's always so much to do. I did pop out for a 10 mile run and only got caught in one very heavy shower. Whilst out on my run I came round a corner to be faced with a big stag just stood in the middle of the road, beautiful! The leaves are stunning at the moment too :-).
  • Anon wrote: »
    You probably knew this already. PayPal offer a Returns on Us service - basically they will refund return costs of up to 12 items per year for up to £15 each time.

You need to OPT IN to take advantage - why, I do not know :huh: as who would say no? It is under Offers. I have an item to return, bought before I activated it :( - but I can see no explicit mention of it only applying to transactions after activation? T&Cs:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns/general-conditions

HTH

Anon

Sounds good but says
    'We can refund up to £15 of return shipping costs for up to 12 eligible PayPal purchases worldwide until 31 December 2017.*'
    Pandora's Little Sister 30/11/17 x
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Sounds good but says
    'We can refund up to £15 of return shipping costs for up to 12 eligible PayPal purchases worldwide until 31 December 2017.*'

The date is an error - emails came out again in the last week or so and it is under Offers to opt in to. Nothing to lose if you were buying without returns protection anyway. Enable just in case.

Anon
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    mhoc wrote: »
    I am being cynical but I sometimes wonder as the companies concerned have your cash already at the point of ordering then they dont actually have items but they have to wait for orders to come in before ordering and finally dispatch - ie your cash is helping their cash flow and then if they cant get the items a week or so later they finally cancelled.
    If they do this on a few thousand orders a week it means they can pay their supplies and they get a free loan!

Yes I agree.

Just measured a walnut whip , one in a 3 pack , one and a half inches high :eek no chance of getting fat on them nowadays , also minus the walnuts.
  • Anon wrote: »
    The date is an error - emails came out again in the last week or so and it is under Offers to opt in to. Nothing to lose if you were buying without returns protection anyway. Enable just in case.

Anon

Thank you, have activated :)
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 27,949
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Did the esso petrol:
    1) 130.9 per litre compared to 122.9 at A/T :eek:
    2) First mistake did not press the final 'pay by paypal' button before starting fuelling so first £10 had to be paid in kiosk.
    3) Second attempt and the app did not register that fuelling had finished - in the end I had to turn phone off and back on and saw that the transaction had taken place.
    Switched to second paypal account in app
    4) Set max amount to £10 to prevent the pennies ticking past and started fuelling, pump stopped at £7.59 and refused to pump any more.
    5) Put max back to £25 and pumped 10.02 and finally had £10 transactions for both paypal accounts.

What a palava. Now to see if I get the £5s back.

All this was after DD2s team collapsed after a hard fought match, 0-1 down with 15 mins to play and equal chances either end to 0-4 full time and back to the car to find because I had parked not in a marked bay (car park was full when I arrived with at least half a dozen cars using perfectly reasonable but unmarked spaces so I had just assumed it was acceptable) that I now need to pay a £35 parking ticket :(
    I think....
  • pandoraskids
    pandoraskids Posts: 899
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    edited 10 November 2018 at 3:34PM
    Arthien wrote: »
    Morning all!

Snap, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister, my FIL had a similar diagnosis around the same time so I understand what you're going through. FIL had his voicebox removed fairly early on, in the hope that would stop it in its tracks, but it wasn't to be. In the end, he spent his last few months breathing wheezily through a hole in his neck, feeding only through a peg tube, communicating by mouthing and too weak to do much other than sleep. He told us if he had known what his life would be like after the operation, he would have rather have not had it done and had a few months of enjoying his remaining time with his family instead.

Wishing you strength for what lies ahead, you and your family are in my thoughts.

This has been on my mind all day - It's a difficult one :(

My sister went through some pretty gruelling treatment & tried all sorts in a bid to try & beat it - but this was mainly for her family (She had a husband & 2 teenage sons). Many a time she contemplated stopping everything to concentrate on doing all the nice things she wanted to do. This was eventually decided for her when there was nothing more they could do but by this time she was too sick to achieve many of her dreams x
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,863
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Afternoon all :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Anyone had an email from Nectar online?

"Hi there,
    You've been given 500 bonus Nectar points as part of Sainsbury's Swipe and Win weekend. To claim your points, click the 'Claim your points' button below by 21 November 2018, and the points will be in your account by the 30 December*. "

Wish they would appear in the account a bit earlier, but a nice little extra :D
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    michaels wrote: »
    Did the esso petrol:
    1) 130.9 per litre compared to 122.9 at A/T :eek:
    2) First mistake did not press the final 'pay by paypal' button before starting fuelling so first £10 had to be paid in kiosk.
    3) Second attempt and the app did not register that fuelling had finished - in the end I had to turn phone off and back on and saw that the transaction had taken place.
    Switched to second paypal account in app
    4) Set max amount to £10 to prevent the pennies ticking past and started fuelling, pump stopped at £7.59 and refused to pump any more.
    5) Put max back to £25 and pumped 10.02 and finally had £10 transactions for both paypal accounts.

What a palava. Now to see if I get the £5s back.

All this was after DD2s team collapsed after a hard fought match, 0-1 down with 15 mins to play and equal chances either end to 0-4 full time and back to the car to find because I had parked not in a marked bay (car park was full when I arrived with at least half a dozen cars using perfectly reasonable but unmarked spaces so I had just assumed it was acceptable) that I now need to pay a £35 parking ticket :(

I couldn't t be bothered
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport