Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy

Comments

• matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,606 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    couldn't enter a meter reading over the weekend so no doubt they'll have a guess at my consumption which will almost certainly be miles out - that's how IRESA seemed to operate.

Lets hope we can get through winter with their cheap energy before they go bust
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • not heard anything about what happens at the end of our fixed tariff that ends 23rd november.2018

not particularly bothered as they are cheapest in the market and so if they eventually . put me on one of their other tariffs it will still be a saving which is the name of the game.

can understand other people getting cheesed off with customer service, but as long as I do my bit and keep a clear record of the deal I have signed up to possibly present if they don't keep their promise it's pointless getting worried

however I've worked out how much energy we have used, using a simple speadsheet, so they are not being overpaid, and its pretty close to the direct debits paid out,. These calcs also show we would have paid around 50% extra if we were with a Big Six outfit so can't complain on that score!
  • JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    earlsgate wrote: »
    not heard anything about what happens at the end of our fixed tariff that ends 23rd november.2018

not particularly bothered as they are cheapest in the market and so if they eventually . put me on one of their other tariffs it will still be a saving which is the name of the game.

can understand other people getting cheesed off with customer service, but as long as I do my bit and keep a clear record of the deal I have signed up to possibly present if they don't keep their promise it's pointless getting worried

however I've worked out how much energy we have used, using a simple speadsheet, so they are not being overpaid, and its pretty close to the direct debits paid out,. These calcs also show we would have paid around 50% extra if we were with a Big Six outfit so can't complain on that score!

I'm just curious. What is your fixed tariff called?
  • To help me in my complaint with Eversmart. Anyone with a Welcome Pack email who joined in mid to late July? If so could you post the Tariff details?

I hope this helps. I joined in the last week of July 2018.

GAS
    ===
    Tariff Name Welcome Home
    Unit Rate 2.91p
    Standing Charge 16.03p
    Tariff ends on 28th July 2019
    Exit fees £0.00

ELECTRICITY
    ========
    Tariff Name Welcome Home
    Unit Rate 10.97p
    Standing Charge 22.55p
    Exit fees £0.00
  • JohnB47
    I hope this helps. I joined in the last week of July 2018.

GAS
    ===
    Tariff Name Welcome Home
    Unit Rate 2.91p
    Standing Charge 16.03p
    Exit fees £0.00

ELECTRICITY
    ========
    Tariff Name Welcome Home
    Unit Rate 10.97p
    Standing Charge 22.55p
    Exit fees £0.00

Thank you. My tariff details are as follows- note the same tariff name, slightly higher prices and with a guarantee period.

GAS
    ===
    Tariff Name Welcome Home
    Unit Rate 3.11p
    Standing Charge 16.03p
    Tariff ends on 20th August 2019
    Price Guaranteed until 20th August 2019
    Exit fees £0.00

ELECTRICITY
    ========
    Tariff Name Welcome Home
    Unit Rate 11.86p
    Standing Charge 22.62p
    Exit fees £0.00[/QUOTE]
  • JohnB47 wrote: »
    Thank you. My tariff details are as follows- note the same tariff name, slightly higher prices and with a guarantee period.

GAS
    ===
    Tariff Name Welcome Home
    Unit Rate 3.11p
    Standing Charge 16.03p
    Exit fees £0.00

ELECTRICITY
    ========
    Tariff Name Welcome Home
    Unit Rate 11.86p
    Standing Charge 22.62p
    Exit fees £0.00
    [/QUOTE]

You're welcome!
    You perhaps joined about a month after I did.
    My prices are guaranteed till 28 July 2019.
  • JohnB47
    edited 9 November 2018 at 2:53PM

You're welcome!
    You perhaps joined about a month after I did.
    My prices are guaranteed till 28 July 2019.

Oh hang on. I thought that you were on a variable tariff.

So your Welcome Pack also quotes a "Price Guaranteed until" date? (presumably "Price Guaranteed until 28th July 2019"). You didn't mention it earlier.

If you are on a fixed Welcome Home tariff and your payments are different to mine, it means that Eversmart have created more than one Welcome Home fixed tariff deal, along with a variable tariff Welcome Home one.
  • JohnB47 wrote: »
    Oh hang on. I thought that you were on a variable tariff.

So your Welcome Pack also quotes a "Price Guaranteed until" date? (presumably "Price Guaranteed until 28th July 2019"). You didn't mention it earlier.

If you are on a fixed Welcome Home tariff and your payments are different to mine, it means that Eversmart have created more than one Welcome Home fixed tariff deal, along with a variable tariff Welcome Home one.

I am on a Fixed tariff deal. Unless I am mistaken, the unit rates for a tariff can change daily but if you sign up to a fixed-rate tariff, then the rate that was advertised on the day you signed up is the rate at which your tariff is fixed for the year (or 18 months). I say this because I have noted the prices to vary in the past when I have been monitoring rates towards the end of my fixed price deals. This is my understanding of how it works, but I am happy to be corrected if I have misunderstood this.
  • I would not recommend this supplier to anyone. Yes they are super cheap but the customer service is appalling. I have been waiting two months for my smart meters to be installed and some work carried out to the supply cables they are responsible for. They failed to pass along my opening readings to the previous supplier, who then sent me a massively overestimated bill, and when I sent an email requesting they send them over ASAP it was completely ignored. A week after that it took me six attempts to get through to someone, their text service is just pointless as no one ever responds and their call back service took two hours for someone to call me back. Their website is truly awful with half the buttons not actually working or just redirecting you to the homepage. It might be worth switching to them if you never have any problems but stay on their variable so the moment you actually need some decent customer service you can switch to someone else. I will be keeping an eye on the MSE EnergyClub and as soon as another supplier gets close on price I'll be switching away.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure