IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Highview Parking

Zebbb
Zebbb Posts: 4 Newbie
edited 9 November 2018 at 9:58AM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi,

Yes I’ve read the Newbie thread and yes I understand that all cases are pretty much the same; the ‘deadline’ is tomorrow for the reduced rate parking charge(£50)..the driver didn’t put a ticket on. Simple. Not through arrogance just pure stupidity thinking parking wardens were the only way to get a ticket still.... Is it worth appealing when at fault entirely.

Any helpful answer would really be appreciated

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    just appeal as keeper using the blue text template

a keeper isnt liable for any of their charges if their NTK has failed the POFA2012 timscales, wording , or both

nobody is really interested in what the driver may or may not have done , except HIGHVIEW

so keep the drivers identity a secret , so edit the last post , no I to be used, only the DRIVER did blah blah, or didnt blah blah
  • Yes-understood thank you

I will do this today (the 14th day)

Fingers crossed I have success-after reading all of the comments I have gained some confidence!
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    so edit post #1 above, the word DRIVER should be used , no "MY , ME , MYSELF & I" , use a laptop for this , not a mobile phone
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Failing to pay is certainly a breach of contract, but only if a contract exists, but they appear to be asking considerably more than a local authority would in similar circumstance.

£241 is tantamount to fraud imo, a lot more than the law allows. The solicitors know this but hope to sucker you into paying.

Even if they won their claim in court, which is unlikely, the most a judge is likely to award would be £175 - £200, the rest is think of a number money.

I suggest that you complain to the regulatory body, the SRA about this demand for unlawful costs.

http://www.sra.org.uk/home/home.page

Also, complain to your MP

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of alleged contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and others have already been named and shamed in the House of Commons as have Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each week, hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned. They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

The problem has become so widespread that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. It has even been suggested that some of these companies have links with organised crime.

Watch the video of the Second Reading and committee stage in the House of Commons recently. MPs have a very low opinion of this industry.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-07-19/debates/2b90805c-bff8-4707-8bdc-b0bfae5a7ad5/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill(FirstSitting)

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business in the not too distant future.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,223 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Zebbb wrote: »
    Yes-understood thank you

I will do this today (the 14th day)

Fingers crossed I have success-after reading all of the comments I have gained some confidence!

If there was a windscreen ticket, then this should be day 26, not day 14. The NEWBIES explains why.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    @OP - please clarify whether this was a ticket affixed to your windscreen, or (the Highview usual) notice sent through the post?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • No, not a windscreen notice-a PCN to sent to registered keeper

such a minefield! All your help is much appreciated
  • Umkomaas
    Zebbb wrote: »
    No, not a windscreen notice-a PCN to sent to registered keeper

such a minefield! All your help is much appreciated

Just send in the initial appeal template - do it right now - before the 28-day time limit that Highview imposes expires.

Be careful when using the HV website appeal portal, because there's a nasty little drop down box that is defaulted to 'I was the driver', and defaults back to that (even after changing it) if you make any other inputs subsequently. It's the last thing to check before you take a screen shot and press the 'Submit Appeal' button.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• the appeal form is on the PCN appeal website, it gives an option of I was or was not the driver
  • Umkomaas
    'I was not the driver' then.

You're not obliged to hand them any information that might help them.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport