GWD Forestry Investment

Comments

• migger02
    migger02 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Too bad to hear about those experiences with GWD.
  • jimjames wrote: »
    They have no need to retain customers. If it's a scam all they want is your money and sadly most investments of this sort are exactly that.

All very strange that so many new users sign up to post today, was it coordinated?
    Hi JimJames,
    The thing is that I have received some payments, but just not in line with expectations. As with any investments, there are no guarantees, but I don't believe this is a scam. However, in saying all that, if GWD is having challenges in making payments in schedule it does open up a lot of questions :(

With reference to your comment about me signing up yesterday, I have signed up to several different forums the last few months in an effort to find other GWD / Greenwood investors to see if they are also having the same negative experiences as me. I have spoken to a few others already and there seems to be a trend here. I will not divulge any personal investment data here, but my own trigger and that of some others is that several products are now in maturation phase and we should have been paid the last months. As usual, there is nothing but conflicting information and/or silence from GWD. I am aware that there is a group of investors that have clubbed together and I have reached out to them to see if they can shed any light.
  • AnotherJoe wrote: »
    Presumably the one aggreived poster with multiple identities. It beggars belief that 3 different people to the OP all found the original post within 90 minutes.

It's seems this company is one that ranks with storage pods, hotel rooms, Spanish vineyards, as a cross between an outright fraud and incompetence on a scale that is indivisible from fraud.

Jammy, Mike, Red, Forestry,whatever your name is, your loss is one more to add to a sorry tale of people suckered in by unlikely returns from unlikely sources. And won't be the last :-(

I can only speak for myself, but I only have one account here and only post under my user name. On some other forums there appears to be quite a lot of activity on this topic (GWD) going back months and in some cases years. I can provide links if anyone is interested. I think the OP maybe another investor that I have been in contact with before, I will PM him and check :)
  • I have had a similar experience with Greenwood Forestry. I invested with them in 2011 and 2014 and so far only received one payment for the 2015 harvest (Green Coconut) but in September 2016 after a lot of chasing and pestering... Same as JammyJoe I haven't seen any returns for 2016. Based on my experience so far they don't seem to be able to deliver on their promises.
  • I have invested almost 20,000 euro in acacia and coconut projects since 2010 and non of the payments due have ever arrived despite multiple promises.
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    The thing is that I have received some payments, but just not in line with expectations. As with any investments, there are no guarantees, but I don't believe this is a scam. However, in saying all that, if GWD is having challenges in making payments in schedule it does open up a lot of questions :(

Whats the difference between a "pure" scam and utter incompetence due to a flawed business plan that results in the loss of your money?

The fact is, any investment that could provide the returns promised that was low risk, the companies would invest in it themselves and not involve the [STRIKE]gullible[/STRIKE] public.

So you've either been scammed outright or invested in a highly risky venture that surprise surprise hasn't paid out as promised.

Ironically I'd guess your odds of getting money back are better if its a scam than incompetence. In either cases your chances of that are somewhere around fat and slim.

Next step, watch out for someone contacting you "promising" they can get your money back if you just make a small payment to enable the legal process to work (between a Spanish company operating in Brazil and Canada, good luck even if that isn't itself and out and out scam !!) .
  • jammyjoe
    jammyjoe Posts: 6 Forumite
    Ironically I'd guess your odds of getting money back are better if its a scam than incompetence. In either cases your chances of that are somewhere around fat and slim.

Next step, watch out for someone contacting you "promising" they can get your money back if you just make a small payment to enable the legal process to work (between a Spanish company operating in Brazil and Canada, good luck even if that isn't itself and out and out scam !!) .

Hi AnotherJoe,
    I don't know whether your right or wrong but I do know you make a very good point on both instances. Need to think about what you've stated. I don't see money coming soon. Good advice thanks
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,037 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I have invested almost 20,000 euro in acacia and coconut projects since 2010 and non of the payments due have ever arrived despite multiple promises.
    Shocked face :eek:
  • ColdIron wrote: »
    Shocked face :eek:
    Sad to say, that have more than double that amount invested.... :(
  • AnotherJoe wrote: »
    Whats the difference between a "pure" scam and utter incompetence due to a flawed business plan that results in the loss of your money?

Well I have already been contacted by such a company making claims that GWD were purchased by another company and that I was due a payment as a result of the sale. How they got my contact details I do not know and how they knew I was an investor with GWD is a bit worrying to say the least.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback