Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 10th Jan 13, 2:02 PM
    • 13,993Posts
    • 37,728Thanks
    redfox
    0 WOW
    HOME BARGAINS finds thread 5
    • 10th Jan 13, 2:02 PM
    0 WOW
    HOME BARGAINS finds thread 5 10th Jan 13 at 2:02 PM
    As the old one seemed to have a mind of its own and kept nipping off to the It's Gone board, I think it's time for a new thread.

Please share your Home Bargain finds by posting below.

The old thread can be found HERE
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 2
  • Shopaholicmumof3
    I bought a mr messy desk tidy tin today with pencil,pen,rubber,ruler ect... Its a little gift set type thing it was only 1.59 bargain
    • muffin man 7
    • By muffin man 7 13th Jan 13, 11:08 PM
    • 742 Posts
    • 7,753 Thanks
    muffin man 7
    bag of 15 fairy cakes individually wrapppped 39p i normally make my own but at that price handy to have best before is 6 feb handy for school pack up or a treat

i also got the energy drinks for 10p i got the cherry i
    cant have orange im alergic to it
    Last edited by muffin man 7; 13-01-2013 at 11:11 PM.
    2nd purse challenge no0400 Sealed pot challenge ???? 2 trolley find not counting small coins till end year
    • Horizon81
    • By Horizon81 14th Jan 13, 10:30 AM
    • 1,552 Posts
    • 896 Thanks
    Horizon81
    Goblin Curried Meat pie. 19p.
    • pipmoss
    • By pipmoss 14th Jan 13, 11:20 AM
    • 247 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    pipmoss
    Natures Golden Manuka honey 10+ 4.99 Not a bad price
    • ImDoingItForMe
    • By ImDoingItForMe 14th Jan 13, 12:55 PM
    • 870 Posts
    • 4,795 Thanks
    ImDoingItForMe
    Longton, Stoke on Trent have energy drink bottles, 380ml with a 45p price on them. These are all 10p. Cherry and Orange flavours.
    Can't vouch for the orange yet but the cherry is lovely

Also picked up a set of chopping boards for Mum, I bought these last year and paid 9.99 so was surprised to see they are now only 6.99

Originally posted by pulliptears
    Wow ive been looking for one of these, the only place i could find one was debenhams, which was far too expensive. I will look in my Home Bargains for one. Thanks for this
    • MEGANE
    • By MEGANE 14th Jan 13, 2:34 PM
    • 229 Posts
    • 1,397 Thanks
    MEGANE
    Natures Golden Manuka honey 10+ 4.99 Not a bad price
    Originally posted by pipmoss
    For those of you looking for Manuka honey, Aldi have 10+ and 15+ at 3.99 each
    • bargainfinder1992
    • By bargainfinder1992 14th Jan 13, 9:08 PM
    • 141 Posts
    • 326 Thanks
    bargainfinder1992
    popped into homebargains today and picked up '21' birthday glass, the 21 is on in pink diamontes, really lovely and only 1.99 never seen these in homebargains before?
  • brunettegirl
    clifton moor store had Itikes interactive map/keyboard and doodle pad all 17.99 each pretty good i thought
    I need to start saving so I plan to save 2 a week to start with
    • icookalot4u
    • By icookalot4u 17th Jan 13, 10:12 PM
    • 241 Posts
    • 151 Thanks
    icookalot4u
    Humourous glasses or strange specks for parties etc pm 2.99 selling for 19p, given me a good idea for a girls get together. Called in for the 18 packs of very quilted nikki toilet roll for 3.99
    • Eenymeeny
    • By Eenymeeny 18th Jan 13, 8:46 AM
    • 1,864 Posts
    • 6,819 Thanks
    Eenymeeny
    Humourous glasses or strange specks for parties etc pm 2.99 selling for 19p, given me a good idea for a girls get together. Called in for the 18 packs of very quilted nikki toilet roll for 3.99
    Originally posted by icookalot4u
    You can't leave us in suspense like that! So what are you going to do with 18 packs of toilet roll on a girls get together? or maybe it's better not to know?....
    The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.
    Thanks to everyone who contributes to this wonderful forum. I'm very grateful for the guidance and friendliness that I always receive from you.
    • booter
    • By booter 18th Jan 13, 11:46 AM
    • 1,585 Posts
    • 1,983 Thanks
    booter
    Kids snow/ski suits & boots
    Popped into my local HB yesterday and they had younger kids snow suits and boots, in blue and pink. They probably won't be there for long as they may be quite popular at the moment Sorry, not a very informative post, as I didn't notice the prices (or sizes) - but it's HB, so they can't be that expensive, right?! Oh, and they were completely sold out of sledges, surprise surprise
    • yorkie cook
    • By yorkie cook 19th Jan 13, 5:27 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 283 Thanks
    yorkie cook
    Young at Heart Game
    Popped in the Bradford store & picked up a game called "Young at Heart" for 3.99 think it will be good for my dads 65th later this year
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/6150-Young-at-heart/dp/B0098JSHMC/ref=pd_sim_sbs_k_h_b_cs_3

I also got Walkers Max crisps for 19p and Monster Munch for 19p
    Last edited by yorkie cook; 19-01-2013 at 5:27 PM. Reason: typo
  • pinkcandyflossprincess
    Home Bargains Sledge 6.99 collect in store.
    http://www.homebargains.co.uk/products/1713-winter-fun-time-snow-sledge-red.aspx

Good price I thought as cheapest I found in my area was 10 from local traders so just ordered 2 more to save my children fighting over the 10 I bought two days ago!

6.99 when you collect instore

Home delivery is available but that would push up the cost .
    ***MSE...My.Special.Escape***
  • sweet tooth
    i got two of these yesterday had to reserve them in store cos they were selling out as sson as they were put out, they're a best quality ones i've seen
    • christmasstarjules
    • By christmasstarjules 20th Jan 13, 7:49 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    christmasstarjules
    I got one of these in store a couple of weeks ago and the quality is fantastic, they are also quite high at the back so super good for little ones as they can sit in them properly.
    • pawsies
    • By pawsies 20th Jan 13, 8:18 PM
    • 1,910 Posts
    • 2,800 Thanks
    pawsies
    Applaws Pet Treats 19p! in Home Bargains
    Applaws is expensive pet food normally and the rrp is 1.99 but Home Bargains have them for 19p!!

Crazy.

Note this is just a complementary treat though, in both cat and dog ranges. I bought both cat and dog despite only having 2 dogs as cat food is fine for dogs- the only reason they are separated is because cats need taurine (type of protein) in their diet which is what is included in cat food. Dogs have no issues with either
    • daydream_believer
    • By daydream_believer 20th Jan 13, 8:28 PM
    • 211 Posts
    • 353 Thanks
    daydream_believer
    I stocked up on these on Friday. Nice low fat treats for the dog I also got the Tuna Loin one for the cat and she loves it.

While these treats are ok for both cat and dog, our vet told us to try not to let our dog eat the cats (normal) food as cat food has a much higher fat content than dog food.
    • sickparrot
    • By sickparrot 20th Jan 13, 10:12 PM
    • 800 Posts
    • 613 Thanks
    sickparrot
    I found some of these in Talke Freeport HB today

http://www.cheatwell.com/High_Flyer_Power_Planes.htm

Only 2 and they had the electric winders sellotaped to the front
    Out on blue six..
    It's Chips and Jackets, Peas and Trousers.
    • mum2kathryn
    • By mum2kathryn 23rd Jan 13, 12:37 PM
    • 212 Posts
    • 277 Thanks
    mum2kathryn
    Just seen on the website cakepop maker 10.99, I got a similar one for about 20 elsewhere. As far as I can see from the photo it looks very similar, just a different colour.
    • ldu06lhd
    • By ldu06lhd 23rd Jan 13, 11:50 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 164 Thanks
    ldu06lhd
    Waltham Abbey

Minnie Bibs 3 pack http://www.homebargains.co.uk/products/3267-disney-minnie-mouse-bibs-3-pack.aspx

but also selling diff Minnie, pooh and mickey design singular for 70p (they were nicer quality than the triples! In my opinion)

Baby socks in little boxes similar to these https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=baby+socks+in+box&hl=en&client=safari&tbo =d&biw=768&bih=900&tbm=isch&tbs=simg:CAESEgkmhVFw-6ZK9SFqYtWeeW7KyQ#biv=i|2;d|Ws94FUV9bCwKiM: but much much nicer and cute!!

Little cotton stripes hats and matching scratch mist fr baby 70p a set. Pink n white, yellow n white, beige n white, blue n white.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

75Posts Today

1,321Users online

Martin's Twitter