Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 3
    • earningNsaving
    • By earningNsaving 26th Jul 14, 1:34 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 134 Thanks
    earningNsaving
    I just thought I would mention something I have noticed, regarding what someone said above about postcode.

I used to live in Lancashire. I moved to Yorkshire a few months ago and hadn't realised I hadn't changed my address over on populuslive. So I changed my address in my profile a few weeks ago. It is since then that I've always been screened out of their surveys. I wonder if they are just not interested in opinions from people in Yorkshire as much as they are in Lancashire.

When I say I get screened out, I mean I answer about 10 questions they ask me and then it will come up with a screen saying I'm not eligible for the survey and have been entered in to a 250 prize draw! I would love to win this 250 as that would make it all better but they don't tell you when the draw is or anything....if it even exists
    Is it once a year or once in a lifetime or one draw for every survey they send out? Does anyone know?
    5 a day challenge ~ May 56.72/155 July 125/155
    • libra10
    • By libra10 26th Jul 14, 2:21 PM
    • 11,115 Posts
    • 234,109 Thanks
    libra10
    When I say I get screened out, I mean I answer about 10 questions they ask me and then it will come up with a screen saying I'm not eligible for the survey and have been entered in to a 250 prize draw! I would love to win this 250 as that would make it all better but they don't tell you when the draw is or anything....if it even exists
    Is it once a year or once in a lifetime or one draw for every survey they send out? Does anyone know?
    I live in Lancashire and receive very few survey invitations from Populus. Maybe they just don't like the north of England

In agreement about the ambiguous prize draw, and when/if it is actually drawn and the winner announced.
    • libra10
    • By libra10 26th Jul 14, 2:25 PM
    • 11,115 Posts
    • 234,109 Thanks
    libra10
    Have just been checking the FAQs at Populus, and found the following information -

http://www.populuslive.com/FAQs.aspx#eligible

Who is eligible to be entered into the monthly prize draw?

Members who ultimately screen out of a survey; either as a consequence of us having already fulfilled our requirement for a similar profile of participant or simply not meeting the eligibility criteria for a particular survey. Entry is not granted for those who fail due to one of the inbuilt quality control checks.

How many prizes will there be for the monthly prize draw?

There will be one 250 prize each month.

When will the prize draw take place?
    The prize draw will take place on the second Monday of each calendar month

If I win the prize draw how will I be notified and when will I receive my prize?

Winners will be notified by email and the names of the winners will also be posted on the populuslive website. Winners will receive their prize within 4 weeks of the draw taking place.

If I win the prize draw in what format will I receive my prize?
    Prizes will be sent as a cheque.

Good luck!
  • woodmally1979
    Hello,

It is legit survey company and this subject been disscussed here before. Only thing they dont send out surveys very often. Previous thread about different survey sites including populuslive is there: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3034918
    Originally posted by SiberianBarber
    Yes they are legit. I use them. Them and yougov are the best!
    • fatavril
    • By fatavril 1st Aug 14, 12:24 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    fatavril
    I get emailed links to surveys from them and when I complete the survey it doesn't show on my earnings?

Is anyone else having this problem? Maybe there is a delay in it being credited or something?
    Last edited by fatavril; 01-08-2014 at 12:28 PM.
    Trying to be debt free, as soon as can be!

Debt at start 8509.07

Debt now 8509.07
    • katykicker
    • By katykicker 1st Aug 14, 5:55 PM
    • 6,252 Posts
    • 29,349 Thanks
    katykicker
    Some surveys have a delay of up to 24 hours, some more.

Last night I completed a 4 survey which didn't show up until after midnight.
    Jealousy is when you count someone else's blessings instead of your own.
    • carbootcrazy
    • By carbootcrazy 2nd Aug 14, 9:33 AM
    • 5,729 Posts
    • 34,344 Thanks
    carbootcrazy
    I'm heartily sick of Populus

Every time I'm invited to do a survey I complete about 10 questions (sometimes including fairly long lists of options etc) and in my opinion as long as the complete surveys from some other companies, only to be screened out with something like my particular demographic is now full.

I feel they are getting a lot of 'free' information from me. I'm screened out of other companies' surveys too from time to time but nothing like this, it's EVERY time with Populus.
    • tanya2014
    • By tanya2014 2nd Aug 14, 2:14 PM
    • 177 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    tanya2014
    Ok
    I got to 50 points after nearly 2 years!!!
    Now my balance says 0
    Please please please tell me they have not done me over
    • SBOSlayer
    • By SBOSlayer 2nd Aug 14, 5:11 PM
    • 67 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    SBOSlayer
    Ok
    Now my balance says 0
    Originally posted by tanya2014
    Most likely they're sending you 50 Cheque This happened to me, congrats - I still quiet like them, got my first 50 this year and been at it for 6 months and sitting at 29 now.

"The system is automated so you don`t need to redeem or claim your rewards. They are processed automatically. You only need to keep your details updated so we can send your rewards to the correct address. "

"Cheques are being issued in the beginning of each month. This means that if you have reached 50 points in May, your cheque will be issued in the beginning of June"
    Last edited by SBOSlayer; 02-08-2014 at 5:14 PM.
    • katykicker
    • By katykicker 2nd Aug 14, 5:46 PM
    • 6,252 Posts
    • 29,349 Thanks
    katykicker
    Ok
    Now my balance says 0
    Originally posted by tanya2014
    This happens on the 1st of the month and your cheque should arrive within 10 days. My cheque last month arrived around the 9th.
    Jealousy is when you count someone else's blessings instead of your own.
    • tanya2014
    • By tanya2014 2nd Aug 14, 5:59 PM
    • 177 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    tanya2014
    Thanks Slayer and Katy Kicker
    I bloody hope so!
    I dont think I will continue with Populus after I have received and banked my cheque. Its just too much like bloody hard work.
    I have never seen anything like it!!!
    Compared to companies like Pinecone who are so generous!! (After 3 surveys you have enough for a 10 voucher which I use on food, and as everyone has to eat I count that as money, especially as my favourite supermarket is included in there voucher choices)
    They make it so much easier and sometimes you get to test stuff at home.
    I have also gone off Valued Opinions.
    Anyway thanks again guys.
    • LittleVoice
    • By LittleVoice 18th Sep 14, 12:49 PM
    • 8,465 Posts
    • 6,051 Thanks
    LittleVoice
    Have just tried to complete a Populus Live survey within one hour of the email being sent to me - too late.

The wording saying this was almost a reprimand that I hadn't been quick enough as surveys are normally only open for 2-3 days and that I should be sure to respond quickly!
    • legz890
    • By legz890 18th Sep 14, 2:01 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    legz890
    Searched, but couldn't find an answer.

My sis sent me a referral for Populus Live the other day, they claim to pay out one pound for every five mins of survey and send you cheques for 50 pounds.

It seemed a little suspicious (to good to be true) to me, so I wanted to check if anyone here had any experiences with them.

Thanks,

Lorna
    Originally posted by wonderwhatif
    Hi,

I have been doing surveys with them for some time now and have had three cheques at 50 pound each sent to my home.( this is the amount you have to reach before they send the cheque) I get at least 1 or 2 surveys a week and it is well worth signing up for.

Thanks
    • FIONATOMANY
    • By FIONATOMANY 21st Oct 14, 12:51 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    FIONATOMANY
    they are a bunch onf scum bags
    • FIONATOMANY
    • By FIONATOMANY 21st Oct 14, 12:53 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    FIONATOMANY
    thats happened to me on lots of occasion and now have been kicked of they said i had two account i'm sure i only have one.
    • FIONATOMANY
    • By FIONATOMANY 21st Oct 14, 12:55 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    FIONATOMANY
    do you gov instead
    • FIONATOMANY
    • By FIONATOMANY 31st Oct 14, 10:47 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    FIONATOMANY
    Don;t go there they kciked me out of my account. i hav emailed them constanlty to enabvle me to login into my accoutn i ger no answer.
    • FIONATOMANY
    • By FIONATOMANY 31st Oct 14, 11:10 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    FIONATOMANY
    It is a genuine company, but if you make a slight mistake, they will not accept any of your answers, and send you a really nasty, rude message, basically accusing you of cheating. They do not respond when you attempt to contact them, so the only recourse is to unbsubscribe.
    I htought it was just me its hapened to me twice tis week i feel it tier sole intention to catch me out im sure they have been haivng technical problems but its always my fault. to the point now its beocmig extremly stressfull doing them and for what a pound. i don;t get this with any other survey company
    • narzissen35
    • By narzissen35 21st Nov 14, 1:23 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    narzissen35
    populuslive
    Populuslive was genuine and they have paid me 50. However after a new landing page was set up, I cannot access the surveys. They still keep sending me email notification that there is a survey to complete but then won't allow me in. I now have 33 accrued. Is this a way to prevent me reaching 50 and therefore avoid paying?
    • asajj
    • By asajj 22nd Nov 14, 8:10 PM
    • 4,407 Posts
    • 11,959 Thanks
    asajj
    Whenever I receive an email with a survey invite and click on it, i'm screened out. Sigh.
    2015 in 2015 / 2015

No buying unnecessary stuff.
    Clearing out by selling on Ebay, donating to charity etc.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,135Posts Today

5,586Users online

Martin's Twitter