Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 2
    • Cottage Economy
    • By Cottage Economy 18th Jan 14, 8:59 PM
    • 1,036 Posts
    • 4,163 Thanks
    Cottage Economy
    It is a genuine company, but if you make a slight mistake, they will not accept any of your answers, and send you a really nasty, rude message, basically accusing you of cheating. They do not respond when you attempt to contact them, so the only recourse is to unbsubscribe.
    Originally posted by Gaiamoon
    I had this. I'd been doing a survey for 40 minutes late and my eyes were tired, so I ended up misreading the question. It was the last demographic question too.

I misinterpreted/misunderstood 'under 18' for 'over 18' so when I put in the answer it contradicted a previous answer. Instant disqualification and accused of being unreliable and inconsistent.

A simple 'are you sure about your last answer?' would have been better in my opinion, but I guess they do get a lot of people who lie to get the cash and have to check.
    Last edited by Cottage Economy; 18-01-2014 at 9:02 PM.
    'Save 12k in 2018' 0/7,000 (0%)

6kWp system, 20 x 300W Q Cells panels with a Solis 6.0 inverter and iBoost on south facing barns, South Lincs
    • frales
    • By frales 12th Mar 14, 1:15 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    frales
    Populuslive earnings
    Hi

I have been a member since 31/01/13 and today I have 43 points which equates to 43. Therefore I only need 7 more to get my first cheque. I was doing surveys for another company but they were only paying 25p per survey so I gave that up. Populuslive is money for nothing.
    • frales
    • By frales 12th Mar 14, 1:19 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    frales
    Populuslive earnings
    Hi

To add to previous reply, I have just noticed my first survey point was 31/01/13 but my next wasn't until 13/09/13. So if I had kept doing the surveys as they were sent I would have probably been waiting for my second cheque rather than the first.
    • libra10
    • By libra10 12th Mar 14, 4:18 PM
    • 11,406 Posts
    • 251,799 Thanks
    libra10
    My account stands at around 42, and have been with Populus for years. Although their rewards are better than many other sites, if I ever reach payout, will close my account. It just takes too long for me to reach 50 payment figure.
  • Zooca
    Want to echo all of the positive points already made here - I've been a member since mid-January and am at 30 - Reckon it'll be one more month before I've had enough surveys to cash out.
    Last edited by Zooca; 13-03-2014 at 5:34 PM.
  • PaulLC
    Populus - zapping you out for a very silly single error
    Got to agree with Cottage Economy.

This is the text of an email discussion I had with them:

From me:-

Hi.
    I've just had a frustrating time with one of your surveys, which I accessed via my Inbox Pounds account. I completed it without any problems - as I recall it was on mobile phones - but got this error message right at the end.

__________________________________________________ ________________

Thank you for trying to complete this survey. However, on this occasion we cannot accept your answers. Our reputation, as a leading market research company, is based on the validity of the data we provide to our clients. On this occasion your answers have failed our Quality Control procedures - When entering your date of birth you said that your age was 45 to 54 and at the second age question you said that your age was "55 to 64". As the two responses don't agree we cannot therefore rely on the answers you have given. Please click the >> button to finish this survey.

Sorry, but I don't appreciate this. Please allow me to vent a little here. At the point where this message came up on screen, I had already completed the survey. You therefore got all the information you asked for at the expense of my time before a reason for disqualification conveniently appeared - I do find it slightly suspicious!

Being asked which age band I fall into is one of "those" parts of any survey where you are filling in the same information, again and again and again, often two or three times in the same survey. Therefore it is possible to go onto "autopilot" on these screens to get through them quickly and onto what hopefully will be the interesting and stimulating parts. I know this does not excuse me making an inputting error - I am in fact 51 years old - but do note the two boxes were adjacent on the page, and on either the first or second or perhaps the third appearance I ticked the wrong one.

Your peremptory error message presumes intent to deceive on my part and reads - especially as it appears right at the end of an otherwise successfully completed survey - as if you are attempting to collect the data and welsh out of paying for it! I'm sure this is not the intention, but you cannot help but wonder.

Why the heck in these circumstances could it not read something like

"When entering your date of birth you said that your age was 45 to 54 and at the second age question you said that your age was "55 to 64". You have evidently made an inputting error on one page. Please can you confirm and correct?"

followed by an opportunity to correct?

The actual survey content you asked for was filled in with care, consideration and attention to detail. I do not appreciate the insinuation that everything was slapdash and sloppy. Incidentally, I recall I was asked for my age not two times but three! Is it any wonder that constant repetition causes people to switch off a little?

I would therefore be obliged if the information were accepted, my age confirmed as 51, and the agreed 1 paid to my account!

Thank you.

reply from them:

Dear Paul,

Our reputation is based on the accuracy and validity of the data we provide to our clients. To ensure members do not complete surveys hurriedly or provide incorrect information, a series of check questions are included at intervals. Points are not credited to your account if your answers are illogical or if a minimum amount of time has not been spent taking part in a survey. These inbuilt quality control questions appear on every survey and are administered to everyone equally. We are unable to make exceptions to the mechanisms and allow members to go back and change their answers, so please take extra care to avoid being screened out of surveys.

We understand your frustration and we apologise if our quality control test has offended you.

Please note that the answers of members who have failed our quality control will not be included in the survey results or taken into any consideration.

If you have any other queries do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards
    The PL Team

Irritating, but at least they replied.
    • katykicker
    • By katykicker 16th Apr 14, 8:27 PM
    • 6,256 Posts
    • 29,684 Thanks
    katykicker
    If you go on 'autopilot' entering your age, something that you know, then what are you doing when answering the survey?

I completely agree with them and if I was requesting a survey to be undertaken I wouldn't want the opinion of someone who can't even get their age correct on two separate screens.
    Jealousy is when you count someone else's blessings instead of your own.
    • tourist4ever
    • By tourist4ever 16th Apr 14, 10:31 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 74 Thanks
    tourist4ever
    I started doing the populuslive surveys this year, i believe i joined the end of January and already got my 50 points and hopefully the cheque will arrive soon.

I was surprised when so many said that they haven't had many surveys from them, i have a few every week. I have been only screened out of 2 surveys and only had a few where it said that i was too late to complete it. I usually tend to do the surveys on the same date that the invitation is sent.

I live in Scotland so I am not sure if that is the reason why I have had invitations to many surveys. I do have to admit many of them are about the referendum so it might be the case. I wonder if I will be asked to join any surveys after September.

Personally I like the surveys. They are worth the time and usually very interesting.
    • Guacamole321
    • By Guacamole321 17th Apr 14, 8:09 AM
    • 149 Posts
    • 68 Thanks
    Guacamole321
    I live in Scotland too, tourist4ever, and am the same - doing very nicely out of referendum surveys right now! I recently got to the 50 with PopulusLive too, and they sent me an email to confirm my address, and the cheque arrived soon after that.
    • earningNsaving
    • By earningNsaving 15th Jun 14, 3:01 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 134 Thanks
    earningNsaving
    I last did a survey a couple of days ago and when I tried to access the site today to see what my balance is, it kept saying the website wasn't found. Is anyone else getting this today?
    5 a day challenge ~ May 56.72/155 July 125/155
    • libra10
    • By libra10 15th Jun 14, 4:53 PM
    • 11,406 Posts
    • 251,799 Thanks
    libra10
    Working fine, using Safari.

http://www.populuslive.com

Just been paid my first 50. Has taken over a couple of years to reach payout. Possibly I don't fit their demographics.
    • earningNsaving
    • By earningNsaving 22nd Jul 14, 1:43 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 134 Thanks
    earningNsaving
    It has taken me about 2 years to reach 48 points but I have been stuck at 48 points for weeks now. Whether it's just coincidence, but the last 3 surveys I have received have all screened me out (and I have received these in the last month). I rarely had any screen me out in the past (only about twice in the last 2 years) but it's like I am being kept away from the 50 points!
    5 a day challenge ~ May 56.72/155 July 125/155
    • libra10
    • By libra10 22nd Jul 14, 1:51 PM
    • 11,406 Posts
    • 251,799 Thanks
    libra10
    It took me ages to reach payout. Eventually I emailed and they sent many more survey invitations, and I reached payout.

Good luck
    • katykicker
    • By katykicker 22nd Jul 14, 3:08 PM
    • 6,256 Posts
    • 29,684 Thanks
    katykicker
    It has taken me about 2 years to reach 48 points but I have been stuck at 48 points for weeks now. Whether it's just coincidence, but the last 3 surveys I have received have all screened me out (and I have received these in the last month). I rarely had any screen me out in the past (only about twice in the last 2 years) but it's like I am being kept away from the 50 points!
    Originally posted by earningNsaving
    I hit 50 a few weeks ago and have been disqualified from several surveys since, I am sure it is just coincidence...! They do payout and I can see no reason why they would want to stop people undertaking their surveys.
    • Foxy16
    • By Foxy16 23rd Jul 14, 12:04 PM
    • 189 Posts
    • 103 Thanks
    Foxy16
    Originally posted by earningNsaving
    Snap, I have 48 points, and have been screened out of 3 surveys in the past week, never been screened out before, so it can't be a coincidence.
    • FIONATOMANY
    • By FIONATOMANY 25th Jul 14, 11:29 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    FIONATOMANY
    I live in Scotland 40 miles south of Glasgowi get this all the time
    We are very sorry, but unfortunately you are either not eligible for this survey or the survey is now closed. and this is when i receive the email. i have e-amiled them back and they used to be helpful and give me alink to by pass the login screen then the help stopped. You have to watch the post code ive done 95% of the survey then been kicked off because of the post code. has not been whats in my details nitt picking in my opinion. I have however had two cheques from them anf thye are quick in coming.
    Last edited by FIONATOMANY; 25-07-2014 at 11:42 PM.
    • FIONATOMANY
    • By FIONATOMANY 25th Jul 14, 11:36 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    FIONATOMANY
    Having read other comments here its not just me who have come unstuck with my post code. I now have a link to my details on bookmarks tools bar to copy and paste details. Populus surveys have a habbit of croppping up on other panels who conviently take a huge chunk of the reward for themslev ie a 3 survey has apperead on other panels for 30p.
    • SBOSlayer
    • By SBOSlayer 26th Jul 14, 1:04 AM
    • 67 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    SBOSlayer
    I live in Scotland 40 miles south of Glasgowi get this all the time
    We are very sorry, but unfortunately you are either not eligible for this survey or the survey is now closed. and this is when i receive the email. i have e-amiled them back and they used to be helpful and give me alink to by pass the login screen then the help stopped. You have to watch the post code ive done 95% of the survey then been kicked off because of the post code. has not been whats in my details nitt picking in my opinion. I have however had two cheques from them anf thye are quick in coming.
    Originally posted by FIONATOMANY
    Strange, i'm Glasgow G42 and never used to be kicked off after entering it, but I must admit once I reached the 50 i've been getting kicked out a lot more recently, since. Don't know if now i'm getting kicked because I'm already back to 36. It's weird I am getting less. However, that being said... looking at their forums summer is an apparently quiet month for them.
    • katykicker
    • By katykicker 26th Jul 14, 3:16 AM
    • 6,256 Posts
    • 29,684 Thanks
    katykicker
    Summer is a month now? Just messing...

Surveys and tasks etc typically dry up in the summer holidays, I guess it is a combination of people take more holidays and more people being available because of said holidays to complete surveys (maybe when their kids are in bed or whatever).
    • tanya2014
    • By tanya2014 26th Jul 14, 10:35 AM
    • 177 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    tanya2014
    Still on 47 points as I have been for the last 2 months!!!
    If I get a survey I always get screeened out!
    It has taken me over a year to get to these 47 points and Populus are determined I will not reach the 50 point pay out.
    I think they are totally out of order! All that hard work (and it is hard work with Populus) all for nothing!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

68Posts Today

1,565Users online

Martin's Twitter