Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
    • SiberianBarber
    • By SiberianBarber 21st Jun 11, 1:50 PM
    • 51 Posts
    • 571 Thanks
    SiberianBarber
    • 21st Jun 11, 1:50 PM
    • 21st Jun 11, 1:50 PM
    Hello,

It is legit survey company and this subject been disscussed here before. Only thing they dont send out surveys very often. Previous thread about different survey sites including populuslive is there: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3034918
  • wonderwhatif
    • 21st Jun 11, 2:19 PM
    • 21st Jun 11, 2:19 PM
    Thanks so much! I tried finding it using the 'search' option for forums and didn't bring it up so I appreciate the linke
    • GetRealBabe
    • By GetRealBabe 21st Jun 11, 2:51 PM
    • 2,190 Posts
    • 2,421 Thanks
    GetRealBabe
    • 21st Jun 11, 2:51 PM
    • 21st Jun 11, 2:51 PM
    Hi

Been with them since Nov 2010. Earnings so far are 27.00. Hope to reach 50 by the end of the year
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 014-Finally got a signature.

• wonderwhatif
    • 21st Jun 11, 7:22 PM
    • 21st Jun 11, 7:22 PM
    Hi

Been with them since Nov 2010. Earnings so far are 27.00. Hope to reach 50 by the end of the year
    Originally posted by GetRealBabe
    Sounds great. Will join then
  • cd1951
    • 15th Aug 12, 11:56 PM
    • 15th Aug 12, 11:56 PM
    I have been with them since November 2010 and have so far accumulated 14.00!! I have tried to complete every survey sent to me, some times they are closed and sometimes (a lot), I am not eligible!!

I do not know who, when & even if there are any prizes, as the winners are never mentioned by email!!

I reckon that one has to be 'in it' for the 'long haul' as it will take about 5 years to get 50!!

I think it all depends on the size, income. postcode as to how many surveys one get to complete and how quick 'ones' broadband connection is!!
    • Sixer
    • By Sixer 16th Aug 12, 10:12 AM
    • 1,012 Posts
    • 1,650 Thanks
    Sixer
    • 16th Aug 12, 10:12 AM
    • 16th Aug 12, 10:12 AM
    I do Populus Live surveys - not particularly for the cash but I do like to do the political ones. Most of the surveys you get will be to do with voting behaviour (intentions) or other political issues. They don't really do product-type surveys (and if they did, I wouldn't be doing them!)

I've been a member since Nov 2010. I've had one cheque for 50 in that time and I've currently got 46 points (46).
    • Ashan
    • By Ashan 18th Aug 12, 11:03 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    Ashan
    • 18th Aug 12, 11:03 PM
    • 18th Aug 12, 11:03 PM
    I received my check a week ago after 4 months or so... I find them the shortest surveys and variate because sometimes they integrate different questions in one survey. It takes a while, but is cash!
  • Gaiamoon
    • 11th Nov 13, 8:10 AM
    • 11th Nov 13, 8:10 AM
    It is a genuine company, but if you make a slight mistake, they will not accept any of your answers, and send you a really nasty, rude message, basically accusing you of cheating. They do not respond when you attempt to contact them, so the only recourse is to unbsubscribe.
    • GetRealBabe
    • By GetRealBabe 11th Nov 13, 12:11 PM
    • 2,190 Posts
    • 2,421 Thanks
    GetRealBabe
    It is a genuine company, but if you make a slight mistake, they will not accept any of your answers, and send you a really nasty, rude message, basically accusing you of cheating. They do not respond when you attempt to contact them, so the only recourse is to unbsubscribe.
    Originally posted by Gaiamoon
    Hi

Been there but am still with them. If you have a enquiry, contact them via the forum.

Did you reach 50?
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 014-Finally got a signature.

• Cybi-Ping
    • By Cybi-Ping 11th Nov 13, 4:49 PM
    • 509 Posts
    • 718 Thanks
    Cybi-Ping
    It took me about 6months to reach 50 but they are a real company and they do pay eventually you just have to be patient.
  • funnyguy
    Surprised that so many of you take ages to reach 50.I get x 2 50 cheques every year from them.I was last paid in August and I am already on 29
    • larlie1983
    • By larlie1983 11th Nov 13, 7:54 PM
    • 464 Posts
    • 969 Thanks
    larlie1983
    I like them but find it a bit hit or miss if I receive surveys from them. Some weeks I can receive 3 or 4 survey invites but them might not receive another invite for over 2 months.
    Operation House Move 11993.60/25000 (47% achieved)
    Save 12k in 2015 #135 (390.21 / 2400) (16%)
    • Kite2010
    • By Kite2010 11th Nov 13, 8:00 PM
    • 4,157 Posts
    • 3,546 Thanks
    Kite2010
    Very hit and miss for me.

I would say 66% of the surveys are either closed by the time I open them (even within an few minutes of getting the email) or kick me out after 2/3 questions. Out of the remaining surveys, about half kick me out 10 or so questions in, with the remaining half allowing me to finish.
  • mchphoto
    populus live
    I have done their surveys and yes they pay out, just received and cash a cheque for 50 last week, it took around 4-6 months to complete enough surveys to get to the 50.
    Sometimes they send out surveys 2-3 a week, then nothing for the next 2-3 weeks, it seems to depend on their "requirements" on a survey and what your past answers e.g. job type, married, single and other similar lifestyle factors. At the beginning I used to get rejected for surveys as I do not match their criteria, but now I seem to fill around 90% of their surveys or they are sending me out more targeting ones to my demographics, so getting 1/2 surveys quite often. and it's only been 2 weks since the payout and I have completed 7 worth of new surveys already.

I look at this as a 3-5 month 50 earnings for a few minutes of your time, do not expect to get rich quick on this place but you could earn around 50-150 per year based on my experience and that is a nice little bonus a few times per year.

One thing I have found is to try and pounce on the surveys as soon as they hit your inbox - do not wait until the next day as the allocation for that surveys sometimes goes quite quickly.

Hope this helps

Michael
    • abbe89
    • By abbe89 16th Nov 13, 10:35 PM
    • 217 Posts
    • 1,459 Thanks
    abbe89
    I joined at the end of September and am already up to 20 from 8 surveys. Most of them are quite quick as well, they say it will take 20minutes and you can easily complete them in 10. Which makes a nice change, as often it's the otherway round!
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 16th Nov 13, 10:42 PM
    • 5,213 Posts
    • 26,759 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    I joined in September 1st and have just reached 50.

One of the better paying sites for me
  • Doubtful Tom
    These surveys
    I have done them for 4 months on the trot.
    I have "earned" at least 4 a month but never ever seen a penny in payment.
    They ask for bank details including personal data, so be warned, if anyone other than your bank and the government ask for personal data, give then something else mso it can not be misused and you can remember to give the " other" data without error.

Example is use 01/01/1980 as a DOB (unless you were born then.
    Your mothers maiden name is now SMITH, unless you are actually a smith child, in which case use Jones.

I too am almost ineligible for any survey, whether I am flush or poor, male or female, young or old.
    If you don't want a new phone in the next few months or years, say you do.
    Careful as they also go for sex orientation, salary, religion, political party ( I am now in UKIP otherwise I expect an unwanted delivery of some sort). If you go "prefer not to say" for all of them, after 15 minutes of the survey they tell you you are now ineligible.
    Certainly ineligible to get a payment.

So where is my 30 or 40? I gave up counting 2 months ago.
    • katykicker
    • By katykicker 16th Jan 14, 4:29 PM
    • 6,252 Posts
    • 29,350 Thanks
    katykicker
    I have done them for 4 months on the trot.
    I have "earned" at least 4 a month but never ever seen a penny in payment.
    They ask for bank details including personal data, so be warned, if anyone other than your bank and the government ask for personal data, give then something else mso it can not be misused and you can remember to give the " other" data without error.

Example is use 01/01/1980 as a DOB (unless you were born then.
    Your mothers maiden name is now SMITH, unless you are actually a smith child, in which case use Jones.

I too am almost ineligible for any survey, whether I am flush or poor, male or female, young or old.
    If you don't want a new phone in the next few months or years, say you do.
    Careful as they also go for sex orientation, salary, religion, political party ( I am now in UKIP otherwise I expect an unwanted delivery of some sort). If you go "prefer not to say" for all of them, after 15 minutes of the survey they tell you you are now ineligible.
    Certainly ineligible to get a payment.

So where is my 30 or 40? I gave up counting 2 months ago.
    Originally posted by Doubtful Tom
    The personal details that they ask for are your date of birth, name and address. They also ask you to create a website. If you don't provide your date of birth then you cannot use that to verify your identity if you have an account problem. Without your name and address they cannot send you your cheque.

If you bothered to do any research you would have seen, from the comment directly above yours, and from the website itself, that the cashout threshold is 50. You also don't need to count your earnings as you can just login to the website and click 'My Earnings'.

I tell the truth when going for surveys, for pretty much all surveys, and by filling in any profile surveys I can almost always get into one of their surveys. If you give genuine information then many companies try to match you with their target demographic.

The reason you're not eligible halfway through the survey is most likely because you've lied and they've noticed through the questions they ask you. Generally I am told if I am not eligible within 10-15% of a survey, which is usually just a few questions.

Also, before posting on MSE in the 'Up Your Income' thread it is best to check your facts before making wild assumptions about companies misusing data and not paying people. You've been mistaken, this is a genuine company that pays out when you reach 50. The details are clearly stated on the website and there is nothing suspicious about this website, as you'd see on MSE from the number of people who have received their 50 payouts.
    Jealousy is when you count someone else's blessings instead of your own.
    • Guacamole321
    • By Guacamole321 17th Jan 14, 8:35 AM
    • 149 Posts
    • 68 Thanks
    Guacamole321
    I like the Populus Live surveys. Lots of them are political and ask for your opinions, which I find is a refreshing change and makes me feel as if I'm contributing to real research (as opposed to things like stating how 'close' I feel to mobile phone providers!). I can see why anyone who puts 'prefer not to answer' would get screened out of their surveys - it isn't that they are collecting irrelevant data, your political beliefs etc are exactly the things they are asking about in the survey.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,000Posts Today

5,659Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: Inappropriate kisses, uncharacteristic formality, or simple nonsense. I'm stumped, how do you sign off work e-mails? Eve?

• RT @BBCPolitics: "This is what annoys people. You're not answering!" Sparks (and papers) fly as @MartinSLewis challenges minister Chris Sk?

• RT @Mattallwright: Spot on. I also hate train toilet seats that try and make me laugh. It's the same joke every journey. https://t.co/b1Tj4?

• Follow Martin