Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 3
    • Fro-ald
    • By Fro-ald 28th Jan 11, 1:27 PM
    • 469 Posts
    • 970 Thanks
    Fro-ald
    how many tests are there and are they very difficult?
    Originally posted by bulktrans
    I have just finished the last exam 5 minutes ago and will find out how I did on Monday. Most of the information can be found on the job page on their website. In addition to the theory and practical exams you need to pass a screener before you can go through to sit the exams.
    No, most of them are not (too!) difficult but you do need to really get to grips with the information they send you - and there is a LOT of information.
    The practical exam is a bit of a hard slog (well I found it so anyway) because you are still getting used to putting the information into practice and I felt like I lost the plot a bit in the middle of it!!

I also notice that the UK has re-appeared in the recruiting list (it wasn't there earlier this week).

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO TAKE TIME TO POST COMPETITIONS
  • OzzyBear
    Hi

Which one did you select to download?

Luke I have been so busy this week I haven't had much chance except for a couple of hours last night. I went through a couple of the quiz testers then did some rating. I have no idea how to accurately record my time though - i know what time i started and what time i finished and that's about it

Try this tool - http://www.lbtaskcontrol.com/ Someone recommended it to me and I can see it coming in handy
    Originally posted by Sammyantha
  • lavster
    Hi all, Im currently waiting to sit my exam with there.

Just wondering is the tax on the income PAYE or will I need to declare it myself?
  • Sammyantha
    Hi

Which one did you select to download?
    Originally posted by OzzyBear
    This one - http://www.lbtaskcontrol.com/downloadfile.asp?type=exe

Hi all, Im currently waiting to sit my exam with there.

Just wondering is the tax on the income PAYE or will I need to declare it myself?
    Originally posted by lavster
    You need to sort out your own tax and insurance etc as you are self-employed.

I found the tests quite hard, but as Fro said, that's largely because most of us won't yet have our heads around it. Read all the info they send to you, and refer back to it frequently while completing the tests and screeners. Good luck
    The only thing we know for sure, is that we know nothing
  • luke1081
    I am slightly worried that my times are going to be pretty off. I have tried to be accurate with a stopwatch but it's hard and I have forgotten to press "start" on several occassions. I hope they take my newbie status into account. I would have thought it would be easier if the company themselves simply record our times!
  • Sammyantha
    I am slightly worried that my times are going to be pretty off. I have tried to be accurate with a stopwatch but it's hard and I have forgotten to press "start" on several occassions. I hope they take my newbie status into account. I would have thought it would be easier if the company themselves simply record our times!
    Originally posted by luke1081
    They do take all that into account. Did you read through all the notes and help files in the new rater hub?
  • luke1081
    They do take all that into account. Did you read through all the notes and help files in the new rater hub?
    Originally posted by Sammyantha
    Yep, it's a real minefield though! I'm getting there, done about 2 hours so far since we passed. How are you finding it?
  • ljwari
    hi all wonder if you could help me with something please - i am trying to apply to do this and it is asking for and english cert any ideas?
  • Tigger36
    Wow, without going into any detail I can now see why the pay's so good.
    Done about 4 hours so far, surrounded by written notes. Not feeling very confident but hey we can only get better! And I do enjoy it.
    Anyone else had a problem submitting their bank details? I keep getting an error message.
    "How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these."
  • Sammyantha
    Wow, without going into any detail I can now see why the pay's so good.
    Done about 4 hours so far, surrounded by written notes. Not feeling very confident but hey we can only get better! And I do enjoy it.
    Anyone else had a problem submitting their bank details? I keep getting an error message.
    Originally posted by Tigger36
    I did at first, then I figured out you have to click your country then "get IBAN" and enter your IBAN no, not sort code and account as normal. You get your IBAN no off any of your bank statements/ online account etc. It contains both your sort and account and country, so lionbridge can get all the details at once from this one number
    • Fro-ald
    • By Fro-ald 31st Jan 11, 9:36 PM
    • 469 Posts
    • 970 Thanks
    Fro-ald
    Yay - I passed

How are you old timers that started last week finding it?

• Sammyantha
    Yay - I passed

How are you old timers that started last week finding it?
    Originally posted by Fro-ald
    Congrats and welcome to the team Fro-ald

I've not done much to be fair. I've had a mad week and weekend. Just finished tonight's work through and my eyes are stinging LOL. Just read all the data, tips, pdf's ect, and do all the testers.. they're invaluable.
  • sortingitout2011
    Hi,

I'm just waiting for my exam to come through (will be received by tomorrow). My email is an @googlemail.com - i've notices they ask for a Gmail account, will mine be ok? not sure whether they just mean a google account or if it specifically needs to be a an "@gmail" one.

Thanks
    • Fro-ald
    • By Fro-ald 1st Feb 11, 12:07 PM
    • 469 Posts
    • 970 Thanks
    Fro-ald
    Hi,

I'm just waiting for my exam to come through (will be received by tomorrow). My email is an @googlemail.com - i've notices they ask for a Gmail account, will mine be ok? not sure whether they just mean a google account or if it specifically needs to be a an "@gmail" one.

Thanks
    Originally posted by sortingitout2011
    Good luck!
    Your @googlemail.com address can also be written as @gmail.com (googlemail.com became gmail.com & they are interchangeable so you will be fine. )

• Fro-ald
    • By Fro-ald 2nd Feb 11, 10:52 AM
    • 469 Posts
    • 970 Thanks
    Fro-ald
    Me again! Help!!
    Can I just ask a question of those of you that started last week?

In my "congratulations" email it stated I would receive a welcome email which would give me a username/password and program info/what is expected etc.
    Yesterday I received an email with a registration ID and a link that took me somewhere to set up an account and put all my personal/bank info in but haven't received anything else as yet. I tried to set this up but kept getting errors (presumably because I was trying to use my original username/password that I used when I first sent in my application - I now assume that this is in an email that I haven't received yet?)

I assume that I am right in thinking that I should be getting another email or have I done something incorrectly?

• Fro-ald
    • By Fro-ald 2nd Feb 11, 6:08 PM
    • 469 Posts
    • 970 Thanks
    Fro-ald
    I am sorted now

• lvm
    • By lvm 2nd Feb 11, 9:56 PM
    • 1,501 Posts
    • 1,763 Thanks
    lvm
    Hey,

Could I ask a quick question?

I just applied for the Internet Assessor job just now. Just wondering if this is the job everyone has been talking about and how much/how often are you paid?

Thanks,

Lisa
    DEBT - 10,176.11 (Jan 2011) ---> 0.00 (Sept 2014)
    SAVINGS - 0 (Jan 2011) ---> 35688.08 (Jan 2014)
    MORTGAGES:
    Home @ 3.99% - 65,000 (Jan 2011) ---> 62, 092.86 (June 2015)
    BTL 1 @ 4.49% - 69, 750 (Sept 2014) ---> 68, 610.49 (June 2015)
    BTL 2 @ 3.99% - 123, 750 (June 2015) ---> 123, 750 (June 2015)
  • marksyx
    Is this something that can be applied for if you already have a full-time job? I'm looking to earn some extra cash and could dedicate 10+ hours to it a week. Are you able to say what the pay is like?
  • Sammyantha
    I work full time too mark, and yes you can. The pay is above NMW
  • balebale
    hi there
    This site seems to be UK user site.
    I'm Korean. Glad to see other applicants.
    I couldn't find other Korean applicants anywhere.

I applied Lionbridge internet assessor for Korean
    and I'm going to take the exam part 1 soon.
    The pdf file is extreamly thick...

I hope we all pass the exam.
    (and congratulation to successful applicants)
    Fingers crossed-!
    Last edited by balebale; 03-02-2011 at 5:20 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

41Posts Today

3,508Users online

Martin's Twitter