Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • KittyKate
    • By KittyKate 9th Dec 09, 8:49 PM
    • 1,515Posts
    • 1,925Thanks
    KittyKate
    0 WOW
    B&M deals and bargains thread - post offers here
    • 9th Dec 09, 8:49 PM
    0 WOW
    B&M deals and bargains thread - post offers here 9th Dec 09 at 8:49 PM
    Quick note from MoneySavingExpert.com

More discount store bargains

Poundland | Wilkinsons | Home Bargains

Huge thanks to KittyKate and all the MoneySavers who contributed to this thread for their amazing work.

Now back to the original post …

Do a lot of you live near a B&M bargains? I do, and there are loads of fab deals in there to rival Poundland and Home Bargains
    Last edited by Former MSE Andrea; 08-01-2018 at 2:18 PM.
Page 3
  • debs2327
    Yep on Gallagher Retail Park - where Argos and Poudstretcher and Pets at Home is
    Originally posted by you_wicked_gay
    yeh have you been in yet is it any good ?
    love it means i can take longer up there when shopping now the hubby`s gona love it lol x
    wins :- x2 hair dyes ,mascara, epilator,personalised card , glass photo ,
    comp angels please throw some luck my way
  • Lynn11
    I have certainly bought several reasonable priced toys for daughter's christmas which was cheaper than Asda ie dora treehouse, pooh game and pyjamas etc. I also buy Fairy liquidtabs for 2,99 when they are over 3.50 in the supermarket. Luckily I have a B&M 2 minutes drive from me or 10min walk - its a great shop and also buy some groceries as well.
    MFIT T2 Challenge - No 46
    Overpayments 2006-2009 = 11985; 2010 = 6170, 2011 = 5570, 2012 = 1290
  • Rache_uk
    what does b&m stand for? i blurt out bangers & mash every time i see that place :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by austin
    Our B&M used to be called Bargain Madness, so I presume its the same company. Not sure where the '&' comes into it tho!
  • nannaC
    If ever you are in Cleveleys it is worth popping into the B&M there, this is the original store. Grumpy Grandad and I have been going there for years [they still run coach parties there]. A few weeks ago got 5 large catering tins of marrowfat peas at 49p per tin. Great for pea&ham soup, which I portioned out and froze [now got only 4 tins left, as have to ration Grumpy, or send him on long walks with our little old doggie]. They also currently have McDougalls packet puff pastry mix at 19p [short date], this is excellent, you just add water then roll fold a few times, [I added a little bit of butter to each fold jut to give it a better taste]. They also sell Warburtons at 1.09 which is 20 cheaper than most supermarkets.
    Last edited by nannaC; 10-12-2009 at 10:00 PM.
  • drink-stella
    You can get 8 x 500 ml cans of Oranjeboom Lager 5% for 5.00
    • Zeusiblue
    • By Zeusiblue 12th Dec 09, 1:11 AM
    • 278 Posts
    • 807 Thanks
    Zeusiblue
    Originally Posted by austin
    what does b&m stand for? i blurt out bangers & mash every time i see that place :rolleyes:
    B&M stands for Bargains and More ! Can't argue with that.
    • Westywoodpecker
    • By Westywoodpecker 12th Dec 09, 1:46 AM
    • 6,351 Posts
    • 13,508 Thanks
    Westywoodpecker
    If ever you are in Cleveleys it is worth popping into the B&M there, this is the original store. Grumpy Grandad and I have been going there for years.
    Originally posted by nannaC
    Yes you are quite right in that was the very first B & M's

I've also been going there for years, although I feel that Home bargains (where Woolworth's were) are now giving them a bit of competition now
    Now thanks to Tommix & Queen Bear, now Lady Westy of Woodpecker
    • Westywoodpecker
    • By Westywoodpecker 12th Dec 09, 1:50 AM
    • 6,351 Posts
    • 13,508 Thanks
    Westywoodpecker
    Our B&M used to be called Bargain Madness, so I presume its the same company. Not sure where the '&' comes into it tho!
    Originally posted by Rache_uk
    Yes your right, it originally stood for Bargain Madness
    Now thanks to Tommix & Queen Bear, now Lady Westy of Woodpecker
    • Claire Bear
    • By Claire Bear 12th Dec 09, 9:25 PM
    • 1,372 Posts
    • 3,047 Thanks
    Claire Bear
    I'm sure I read somewhere that the B&M stands for the initials of the people who first owned the store, the full name is B&M Bargains (or bargain madness) so it wouldn't make sense to say it twice!

Going to give the Mario figures another mention, saw similar in Gamestation earlier for 7! We have Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Bullet Bill, and the Bo-bomb and Goomba in a two pack.

Bags of Walkers Steak and Onion and Tomato crisps, Seabrooks Worcester sauce crisps, Go Crispy in Italian Herb (like Snack-a-Jacks), all 10p per bag.

Knorr Stockpot in Beef or Vegetable, 49p, 2 in supermarkets.
    D'you know, in 900 years of space and time, I've never met anyone who wasn't important
    The Doctor

Taste The Rainbow
    • mutley74
    • By mutley74 12th Dec 09, 10:02 PM
    • 3,835 Posts
    • 1,351 Thanks
    mutley74
    i got some Walkers Tomato Ketchup crisps for 10p today!
    • melvis
    • By melvis 14th Dec 09, 1:31 PM
    • 6,006 Posts
    • 240,814 Thanks
    melvis
    I work in B&M in Stockton, I love it
    Originally posted by Claire Bear
    I'll be in there this afternoon
    #LuckyMelvis - 500 to spend with very.co.uk & Issy Miyake Pleats #GoodWeek
    1,000 from PMU so we're off to Paris! #AmazingWeek
    2014 - iPad Air 64gb iPhone 5 iPad Mini
    • Totality
    • By Totality 14th Dec 09, 1:32 PM
    • 1,799 Posts
    • 5,564 Thanks
    Totality
    I'll be in there this afternoon
    Originally posted by melvis
    Might see you there!
  • lisae03
    I was so excited to hear they have opened one on Coventry after seeing all the bargains they have got to offer. I must have walked past it the other day without even noticing! I must take a walk up there.
    • Kez1983
    • By Kez1983 14th Dec 09, 6:59 PM
    • 347 Posts
    • 193 Thanks
    Kez1983
    On a trip to Carlisle earlier in the week we called in to B & M for a cheap pair of gloves for my friend (she had left hers at home) - she got a pair for 99p. But what we were impressed with was the wine selection! My local B & M doesn't sell wine (why??) but in Carlisle the prices and selection were amazing - lots of nice wines for 3.99, including Oxford Landing, Blossom Hill, Wolf Blass. There were cheaper bottles but these are my favourites. We even bought a bottle (and some cheap plastic cups!) to enjoy on the train journey back home!
    Originally posted by TravellingAbuela

Wherebouts in W. Yorks are you? Most stores have alcohol, just depends on the granting of an alcohol licence by the council! Leeds, Morley, Pontefract all have alcohol.
  • debs2327
    I was so excited to hear they have opened one on Coventry after seeing all the bargains they have got to offer. I must have walked past it the other day without even noticing! I must take a walk up there.
    Originally posted by lisae03
    me too was excited about it all my family up north keep telling me about there bargins in there store ,its a good store i could spend loads in there whoooo xxx
    wins :- x2 hair dyes ,mascara, epilator,personalised card , glass photo ,
    comp angels please throw some luck my way
    • maz403
    • By maz403 14th Dec 09, 7:58 PM
    • 73 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    maz403
    A range of organic pickles and chutneys from Spice Tree 49p a jar.found them on line when I got home for 3-4 a jar. They had garlic, lime, pineapple, goosberry & mango.

Add this to the Jamie Oliver Range which has been mentioned before at 59p a jar - black and green olives, sundried tomatoes and peppers, posh bread spreads and 3 or 4 kinds of pesto- and you can make up a really nice Christmas hamper.
    • aaarrrggghhh
    • By aaarrrggghhh 14th Dec 09, 8:22 PM
    • 1,229 Posts
    • 10,368 Thanks
    aaarrrggghhh
    Regarding the store name, B & M stands for 'Bargain Madness' - why there's an 'and' in there, I've no idea. It's a running joke in our family when we're due to make a trip - 'off to 'Bargain and Madness''!
    10 Ways to Spend All Your Student Loan In A Week
    • Claire Bear
    • By Claire Bear 14th Dec 09, 8:49 PM
    • 1,372 Posts
    • 3,047 Thanks
    Claire Bear
    Melvis and Totality, I was working today until 6, might have seen you both without realising!

TravellingAbuela, with regards to alcohol, is the store newly opened? We've been open since October and have just got our alcohol in a week or so ago as we've just been granted our license from the Council, it takes a while to go through. Might be the same in your local?
    D'you know, in 900 years of space and time, I've never met anyone who wasn't important
    The Doctor

Taste The Rainbow
    • melvis
    • By melvis 14th Dec 09, 9:11 PM
    • 6,006 Posts
    • 240,814 Thanks
    melvis
    I noticed today that you were stocking booze now Claire Bear ... good times me and OH thought you must've been waiting for licence to come thru xx
    #LuckyMelvis - 500 to spend with very.co.uk & Issy Miyake Pleats #GoodWeek
    1,000 from PMU so we're off to Paris! #AmazingWeek
    2014 - iPad Air 64gb iPhone 5 iPad Mini
  • fireuptheband
    Been meaning to go for ages and have also spotted a few new (well to me) on my travels. The spice jars mentioned above and the Jamie Oliver stuff sound like bargains, cheers for posting!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

128Posts Today

1,427Users online

Martin's Twitter