Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • KittyKate
    • By KittyKate 9th Dec 09, 8:49 PM
    • 1,513Posts
    • 1,920Thanks
    KittyKate
    0 WOW
    B&M deals and bargains thread - post offers here
    • 9th Dec 09, 8:49 PM
    0 WOW
    B&M deals and bargains thread - post offers here 9th Dec 09 at 8:49 PM
    Quick note from MoneySavingExpert.com

More discount store bargains

Poundland | Wilkinsons | Home Bargains

Huge thanks to KittyKate and all the MoneySavers who contributed to this thread for their amazing work.

Now back to the original post …

Do a lot of you live near a B&M bargains? I do, and there are loads of fab deals in there to rival Poundland and Home Bargains
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 08-01-2018 at 2:18 PM.
Page 2
  • sarahf191979
    I have a few round near me and go in the nearest every week, the other day spotted

Various Jamie Oliver jars 59p each (Great for Hampers)
    Sarsons vinigar 39p a bottle
    Horrid Henrey Pks of Charector Figures 2.99
    Starwars Pin ball game 12.99
    Starwars Dress up sets (darth vadar/ Storm trooper) 3.99
    Ben 10 pin ball game 12.99
    Ben 10 Bedding 8.99
    Kids Pyjamas (Various) 4.99
    Scooby Doo Slippers 4.99
    Haribo assorted share bags 59p
    WWF figuers (various) 99p each
    Parma Ham Bones 89p each
    Doggy Selection Boxes for Christmas 99p
    Tins of Foxes Glaicers 2.99
    Hot Water Bottles with covers (Various) 1.99
    Who Wants to be a Millionaire (plug into Tv Game) 6.99
    Dr who figures (Various) 2.99
    Dr Who Electronic Game 2.99
    Super Mario Collectable figures (Various) 1.49 (great for stcokings)

And lots of other bargins, now this thread is here I will keep a check and post finds. Great thread OP

Where's the Coffee?? Show me the Coffee NOW!!
    • TravellingAbuela
    • By TravellingAbuela 10th Dec 09, 7:07 AM
    • 4,275 Posts
    • 32,066 Thanks
    TravellingAbuela
    On a trip to Carlisle earlier in the week we called in to B & M for a cheap pair of gloves for my friend (she had left hers at home) - she got a pair for 99p. But what we were impressed with was the wine selection! My local B & M doesn't sell wine (why??) but in Carlisle the prices and selection were amazing - lots of nice wines for 3.99, including Oxford Landing, Blossom Hill, Wolf Blass. There were cheaper bottles but these are my favourites. We even bought a bottle (and some cheap plastic cups!) to enjoy on the train journey back home!
    • Justcoll
    • By Justcoll 10th Dec 09, 9:42 AM
    • 233 Posts
    • 417 Thanks
    Justcoll
    Sadly, they haven't ventured down south! I discovered B&M when we went to Wigan to see the in-laws and came away with some lovely deep-red faux silk curtains for thirty quid!
    My message to that greedy wunch of bankers:
    Debts another fine mess you got us into!

If you see somone who hasn't got a smile, give them one of yours.
    • rratbag
    • By rratbag 10th Dec 09, 10:31 AM
    • 159 Posts
    • 2,193 Thanks
    rratbag
    Hi we have one in Worksop.
    1.5 kg Bird seed 79p
    pack 6 fat balls 49p
    Dixcel kittensoft toilet rolls 4 pack with 2 free 99p ( they have the 12 pack at 2.99 2 for 5 but these are cheaper.)
    Typhoo 1 cup tea bags 200 pack 1.69 pm 3.99
    12 pack red oxos 49p
    1 kg granulated sugar 69p
  • you_wicked_gay
    I love B&M ..was gutted when I moved to Coventry and there wasn't one here - then absolutely over the moon when one opened last week on a retail park near me

Ended up spending loads on bits and pieces!! Picked up a giant soft brown throw for our sofa for just 19.99
    Proud Weight Watcher
    Start Weight: 15st 13lb Current Weight: 10st 5lb
    Total Loss to Date: 5st 8lb
    - - -
    Current 2011 Goal: Lose 8lb by 25th December
    Loss This Week: -3 Total Loss 2011: -3
    • chergar
    • By chergar 10th Dec 09, 1:52 PM
    • 184 Posts
    • 91 Thanks
    chergar
    I found one of these stores the other week and got loads of stuff, one bargain I was pleased with was the peppa pig classroom set, in Tesco, Argos etc it was 16.99 but I got it for 9.99 in b&m. I also got dd a princess shoes dressing up set for 4.99, the exact same one in our Morrisons was 9.99.
    • balletshoes
    • By balletshoes 10th Dec 09, 2:04 PM
    • 16,089 Posts
    • 41,069 Thanks
    balletshoes
    I do like a good rummage in B&M - there are 2 near me in Nottingham and Ilkeston.

Last year I got a HSM Sharpay spa set (Barbie-sized doll, furniture and accessories) for 7.99 from there - Toys R Us were more than 3 times that price, and last month Toys R Us were still selling them.
  • you_wicked_gay
    Oh another thing I picked up was a hello kitty lunchbox style tin filled with marshmallows that are selling for 5+ in the likes of Selfridges and online. B&M price: 1.99

They also have the HSM and Toy Story lunchbox tins filled with novelty shaped biscuits (microphones/aliens) that are selling in Boots for 5 a tin. B&M price: 1.99
    Proud Weight Watcher
    - - -
    • chergar
    • By chergar 10th Dec 09, 2:25 PM
    • 184 Posts
    • 91 Thanks
    chergar
    We also got an Almost Real heartbeat Panda that I searched online for and it is selling for nearly 30, we got it for about 13.99 (might be a pound either way, can't remember exactly)
    http://www.electronicpetshop.com/almost-real-heartbeat-panda~p403
  • bluestarrz
    I got Bratz desert diamond dolls - 3.99, boots are selling them for 11
    Christmas Addict!
    • susiecm3
    • By susiecm3 10th Dec 09, 5:12 PM
    • 492 Posts
    • 1,651 Thanks
    susiecm3
    Glade air freshner the one with the light 2.99 winter wonderland fragrance
    • austin
    • By austin 10th Dec 09, 5:56 PM
    • 565 Posts
    • 1,027 Thanks
    austin
    what does b&m stand for? i blurt out bangers & mash every time i see that place :rolleyes:
  • debs2327
    oh theyeve just opened a b&m store in coventry i`ll be looking forward to looking for bargins whoooo
    wins :- x2 hair dyes ,mascara, epilator,personalised card , glass photo ,
    comp angels please throw some luck my way
    • fresian_cow
    • By fresian_cow 10th Dec 09, 6:17 PM
    • 278 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    fresian_cow
    Pack of 3 discovery dip jars 99p with salsa guacamole and a gorgeous cheesy dip. Really good as I think the salsa on its own is more than that in the supermarket
  • michael_sto
    Lots of good stuff in there and always worth a nosey when your in town, one just opened near me and i'm bearly oout of it!!
    • Vedder2008
    • By Vedder2008 10th Dec 09, 8:10 PM
    • 288 Posts
    • 509 Thanks
    Vedder2008
    what does b&m stand for? i blurt out bangers & mash every time i see that place :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by austin

I heard somwhere it is short for Bargain Mania, or does anyone know different.

I bought a fashion watch with a pink face and a pink strap for my nephew's daughter for Christmas for 3.99 they were just putting them out as I arrived and it's beautifull.
  • vicx
    Originally posted by austin
    'B&M Bargains' More than likely the initals of the owners?
  • you_wicked_gay
    oh theyeve just opened a b&m store in coventry i`ll be looking forward to looking for bargins whoooo
    Originally posted by debs2327
    Yep on Gallagher Retail Park - where Argos and Poudstretcher and Pets at Home is
    Proud Weight Watcher
    - - -
    • ladybabe
    • By ladybabe 10th Dec 09, 9:36 PM
    • 370 Posts
    • 442 Thanks
    ladybabe
    which one this at? the martini that is?
    Last edited by ladybabe; 10-12-2009 at 9:39 PM.
    • ladybabe
    • By ladybabe 10th Dec 09, 9:38 PM
    • 370 Posts
    • 442 Thanks
    ladybabe
    love b&m in sheffield bought 2 great mini greenhouses there earlier in the year and great deals on bird food etc :-))
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

99Posts Today

2,893Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Did I really just hear in the Commons "his politics is the politics of Vicki Pollard yeah, but, no, but yeah!" Or h? https://t.co/ak6iBlvVX4

• Perhaps the only thing we truly learn from this poll is we are generally optimistic. Most Brexiteers think Brexit w? https://t.co/DoosVRvneE

• RT @MoneySavingExp: ??Join the UK's biggest consumer website ??Make a difference ??Work with brilliant journalists ??Collaborate with top b?

• Follow Martin