Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • saintscouple
    • By saintscouple 4th Aug 08, 6:38 PM
    • 3,922Posts
    • 2,940Thanks
    saintscouple
    0 WOW
    Poundland Bargain Thread -
    • 4th Aug 08, 6:38 PM
    0 WOW
    Poundland Bargain Thread - 4th Aug 08 at 6:38 PM
    Quick note from MoneySavingExpert.com

If you've just come from the tip, below is a discussion by forum regulars to collate the hottest mega-bargains currently on offer at Poundland. This discussion has been going for a while, so click on the last page of the discussion to see the most up-to-date deals.

Current top deals

Current top deals include
    1 iPod speakers, Aveeno face cream (RRP 12) & Neutrogena Cleansing Cushions (4).
    Find your nearest Poundland.

More discount store bargains

Wilkinsons | B&M Bargains | Home Bargains

Huge thanks to saintscouple and all the MoneySavers who contributed to this thread for their amazing work.

Now back to the original post …

Seeing as the old thread was some 18 months old, I thought it best to start a new thread to keep the finds valid.

For reference the old thread can be found HERE.

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by Former MSE Andrea; 07-09-2017 at 2:15 PM.
Page 364
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 15th Dec 18, 10:48 PM
    • 1,889 Posts
    • 3,752 Thanks
    LouLou
    Argyle Street, Glasgow:

Maybelline Brow Drama Pomade Crayon in Dark Brown (didn't take a picture in store) 1

Some cereals:

(Left To Right): Quaker Oat So Simple Golden Syrup* or Original (my picture isn't clear - I think it's 8 Sachets), 1. Also Quaker Rolled Oats 500g, 1.

*Asda has the 10 Sachets/360g pack for 1.50 https://groceries.asda.com/product/instant-porridge-sachets/quaker-oat-so-simple-golden-syrup-porridge/77297207

Also Quaker Cruesli Chocolat Au Lait (Milk Chocolate) - special pack 580g or Cruesli Noix De Pecan & Pomme (Pecan Nuts & Apple) 450g 1.
    Last edited by LouLou; 15-12-2018 at 10:50 PM.
    • City girl
    • By City girl 19th Dec 18, 10:19 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    City girl
    I'm not sure if the Butterfly Walk, Camberwell, London branch has the fruit and nut Twin Peaks but I know they have the original one, will have a look when I go in later.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 19th Dec 18, 9:31 PM
    • 28,213 Posts
    • 60,137 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    I'm not sure if the Butterfly Walk, Camberwell, London branch has the fruit and nut Twin Peaks but I know they have the original one, will have a look when I go in later.
    Originally posted by City girl
    I think it's now available more widely than when it was launched a month ago. It's just ok, better than the original but again it won't be a repeated purchase by me.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 29th Dec 18, 5:22 PM
    • 28,213 Posts
    • 60,137 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    I went in today for a mascara and some hair clips but thought I should report back on my other findings .

Much of the Christmas stuff was 1/2 price to 50p, and the more expensive items also reduced. I bought some spiced biscuits (400g packs, delicious any time of the year, exp 11/2019), tubes of orange Smarties (130g, making it relatively inexpensive for chocolate) and a Santa hat for next year. There was also a load of elf stuff, "decorative" signs etc also for 50p.

What is also worth looking for is The Original Candle Co. merchandise (example pasted below) reduced to 50p, albeit with a limited range of scents. I was very happy with the tins (second from right) from earlier this year, so bought some more:

The Jo Malone / Aldi imitation candles were nowhere to be seen!

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 3rd Jan 19, 8:25 PM
    • 1,889 Posts
    • 3,752 Thanks
    LouLou
    Happy New Year! I'll celebrate with a photo-spam!

Argyle Street, Glasgow:
    W7 Touch & Go Blemish Concealer Pencil (various shades) & W7 Silicone Pebble Make Up Face Blender, 1. Underneath is a Bourjois Aqua Blush 10ml 1.

Touch & Go! is 4.95 on the W7 website
    Silicone Pebble 5.95 on their website

Not sure what this is (maybe a Primer?) W7 Angel Balm Line Eraser 1 (official page here at 5.95)

Catwalk TIGI Curls Rock Amplifier for definition and separation, 42.8ml, 1.

Hot Wheels Wooden Car (from 12m+), 1. "Fits any track".

Lots of Harry Potter goodies at various prices. Direct page here (to allow you to view it all properly).

Union Street: Rock My Style Slanted Tweezer in Zebra or Pink Leopard (the trick with good tweezers is sharpness, not sure what these will be like, but picked up a set), 1.

Apparently these are another Jo Malone-alike, "I Love" Twin Perfume Set 2 x 14ml in Basil & Pear or Oud & Fresh, 1.

W7 Pro-Effect Eyebrow Brush, 1. 6.95 on the W7 website here

Patisserie De Bain Sugared Violet Hand & Body Lotion 200ml - also in Orange Crush on the left, not that visible, 1. Superdrug Patisserie De Bain page here
    (Edit: Knew I'd seen Patisserie De Bain mentioned somewhere, Middy_Oil mentioned this brand previously)

and eos Hand Lotion in Cucumber or Fresh Flowers 44ml, 1 (saw this mentioned on HUKD a few weeks ago).
    Last edited by LouLou; 04-01-2019 at 2:28 AM.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 3rd Jan 19, 8:56 PM
    • 1,889 Posts
    • 3,752 Thanks
    LouLou
    Woops, also these from Union Street, Glasgow - fat-bottomed mugs that look rather cute (in coloured spots and strawberry design) 1 - dishwasher safe - though I have loads of mugs now

Not so keen on the blue pattern or pink flowers design.

Edit: Just realised they bear similarities to Emma Bridgewater mugs.
    Last edited by LouLou; 05-01-2019 at 9:12 PM.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 4th Jan 19, 5:51 PM
    • 28,213 Posts
    • 60,137 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Catwalk TIGI Curls Rock Amplifier for definition and separation, 42.8ml, 1.
    Originally posted by LouLou
    I popped in earlier - not exactly sure why, as I don't actually need anything! - and saw this. I didn't buy it because having been sucked in by similar claims before, I have always been disappointed (if it's worked, my hair has been an oil slick by day 2 - and I am now trying to wash less rather than more in a vain attempt to retain the colour).
    Last edited by VfM4meplse; 04-01-2019 at 5:53 PM.

• LouLou
    • By LouLou 4th Jan 19, 7:37 PM
    • 1,889 Posts
    • 3,752 Thanks
    LouLou
    Quick dash into Argyle Street, Glasgow. There's usually spray paints in Poundland but not seen Spray Varnish before - Clear/Matt Finish (didn't buy any).
    Also Paint Factory Interior & Exterior Metallic - Champagne Gold on the left and 151 Spray Radiator Paint, White Gloss Finish on the right. 1.Edit: Forgot to add this: Bourjois Rouge Laque, shade 04 Selfpeach! 6ml, "Lightweight & non-sticky. Up to 16h hold", 1
    (glossy long-lasting liquid lip lacquer)
    Last edited by LouLou; 04-01-2019 at 8:36 PM.
    • catswiththumbs
    • By catswiththumbs 4th Jan 19, 8:42 PM
    • 328 Posts
    • 551 Thanks
    catswiththumbs
    I went in today for a mascara and some hair clips but thought I should report back on my other findings .

Much of the Christmas stuff was 1/2 price to 50p, and the more expensive items also reduced. I bought some spiced biscuits (400g packs, delicious any time of the year, exp 11/2019), tubes of orange Smarties (130g, making it relatively inexpensive for chocolate) and a Santa hat for next year. There was also a load of elf stuff, "decorative" signs etc also for 50p.

What is also worth looking for is The Original Candle Co. merchandise (example pasted below) reduced to 50p, albeit with a limited range of scents. I was very happy with the tins (second from right) from earlier this year, so bought some more:

The Jo Malone / Aldi imitation candles were nowhere to be seen!
    Originally posted by VfM4meplse

Did the candles in tins give off much scent when you were burning them? They were being marked down to 25p in my local store today.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 5th Jan 19, 12:44 AM
    • 28,213 Posts
    • 60,137 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Did the candles in tins give off much scent when you were burning them? They were being marked down to 25p in my local store today.
    Originally posted by catswiththumbs
    Yes they really are worth it as they smell great, give a long burn time and burn to the bottom of the tin. 25p is an excellent price so go grabbit!

• catswiththumbs
    • By catswiththumbs 5th Jan 19, 1:15 PM
    • 328 Posts
    • 551 Thanks
    catswiththumbs
    Yes they really are worth it as they smell great, give a long burn time and burn to the bottom of the tin. 25p is an excellent price so go grabbit!

Oooh I think I might just do that. Thanks
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 6th Jan 19, 9:31 AM
    • 1,889 Posts
    • 3,752 Thanks
    LouLou
    All from Argyle Street, Glasgow this morning (can't sleep!!)

Patisserie De Bain Bath Bombs 2 x 45g (also Cherry Pie Body Mists 150ml), 1

Dove Purely Pampering Indulgent Body Lotion 400ml, 1

Garnier Body Intensive 7 Days Smoothing Nourishing Lotion (Dry, Rough Skin or Normal Skin) 250ml, 1

On the right, there's Patisserie De Bain Mango Sorbet Hand Cream and Lemon Bon-Bon Hand Cream 50ml, 1

Kellogg's Strawberry Sensation or Chocotastic Pop-Tarts, 400g, 1.
    Best Before Date on my Strawberry Sensation packs is 27/10/19.
    Last edited by LouLou; 06-01-2019 at 9:58 AM.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 9th Jan 19, 6:56 PM
    • 28,213 Posts
    • 60,137 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    All the Christmas toot was reduced from 50p to 25p today. There were mostly decorative items left but I picked up some 5-pack gift bags (self-sealing), a LED wand and an elf notebook at this price.

I also got what I went in for - an LED lightbulb. I've heard mixed reviews about these, but given they cost about 3 elsewhere and I won't be using the lamp that often, I thought they'd be worth a go, and it seems to be working fine. Was impressed by the range of lightbulbs they have in stock and they still have the display stand of large antique light bulbs.

• LouLou
    • By LouLou 10th Jan 19, 11:29 PM
    • 1,889 Posts
    • 3,752 Thanks
    LouLou
    From Trongate, Glasgow earlier, at the Toys section: Crap Trumps, Crap Cars 2, 1.

Official web page here
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 11th Jan 19, 11:36 PM
    • 28,213 Posts
    • 60,137 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    All the Christmas toot was reduced from 50p to 25p today. There were mostly decorative items left but I picked up some 5-pack gift bags (self-sealing), a LED wand and an elf notebook at this price.
    Forgot to say, I also bought some gold and silver spray paints (ideal for pine cones) at 25p.

• Lily54
    • By Lily54 14th Jan 19, 12:54 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 128 Thanks
    Lily54
    The I Love twin pack of perfumes are actually nice! I bought the Oud and Fresh one. I react to many perfumes but these I have been fine with.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 14th Jan 19, 7:27 PM
    • 1,889 Posts
    • 3,752 Thanks
    LouLou
    Hopefully I'm remembering the stores correctly, as this was earlier this morning!

Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow:
    Maybelline Super Stay Lip Liner in 45 Cappuccino or 46 Red, 1

LuxBeauty Slant Tweezer, 1

Mug Off mugs for Valentine's (left to right) "I Want To Dunk My Soldier In You", "You'll Do", "You're So Fit, Run Off And Get Me A Brew", "you were meant to be a one night stand" (!)

Let's Get Fit end aisle display (notably Special K - 300g and Fruit 'n' Fibre - 375g are usually priced at 2 these days)

Union Street, Glasgow:
    Thurstons 3 pk Olives Stuffed With Anchovy Paste 120g (with liquid) 1

Hot Wheels Star Wars 1

Block Tech Base Plates (assume they fit Lego) 1

Also, got this Manicare Calcium Gel, 11ml, 1, from Trongate, Glasgow yesterday

Edit: Forgot this one (Sauchiehall Street)
    W7 Double Prime Lips And Brows Duo Primer 1.6g and W7 Butter Kiss Lipstick Fabulous Fuchsia 3g (both in one strip pack) 1
    Last edited by LouLou; 14-01-2019 at 10:43 PM.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 14th Jan 19, 8:54 PM
    • 1,889 Posts
    • 3,752 Thanks
    LouLou
    There's a bit of blethering about the Poundland Mens' scent dupes (no-one's talking about the women's scents on HUKD yet,* though). I commented here

100ml, EDT.

Joop Homme! is Jape
    Invictus is Iconique
    1 Million is King In Million
    Cool Water is Aqua Chill

The address given on the back seems to be one that is listed on a variety of Poundland brands, so these must be manufactured for them.

*Edit: Actually, I found a Poundland female scent, as I remember seeing this on shelves! Beau Reve (copy of La Vie Est Belle) gets a good review halfway down the page here
    Last edited by LouLou; 14-01-2019 at 10:54 PM.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 15th Jan 19, 7:53 PM
    • 28,213 Posts
    • 60,137 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Poundland's selling engagement rings - just in time for Valentine's Day

Take your pick. I quite fancy the ruby heart

• RainbowDrops
    • By RainbowDrops 16th Jan 19, 7:27 AM
    • 4,551 Posts
    • 4,920 Thanks
    RainbowDrops
    Great marketing strategy by them!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,685Posts Today

6,788Users online

Martin's Twitter