Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jammyjoe
    • By jammyjoe 27th Jun 17, 6:13 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 2Thanks
    jammyjoe
    GWD Forestry Investment
    • 27th Jun 17, 6:13 PM
    GWD Forestry Investment 27th Jun 17 at 6:13 PM
    Iím invested with a company called GWD forestry since Aug 2015. I have Christmas trees and Annatto Seed changed from a Coconut investment in brazil gone south. The reason why Iíve generated this thread is because Iím due a payment from GWD owed to me for a coconut payment due for 2016. I have since discovered that others are due the same payments for 2015. A group Iím with, have been in discussions with GWD since Feb this year and as such GWD have stopped discussions with my group and I feel I need to go a different direction.
    Would be interested with others to discuss their experience with this topic.
Page 7
    • Malthusian
    • By Malthusian 24th Nov 18, 5:18 PM
    • 5,433 Posts
    • 8,991 Thanks
    Malthusian
    Thanks for answers. Thus I should wait or what?
    Originally posted by FROMSOUTHEAST
    What you should do is change your phone number as GWD Forestry have openly stated you are on a suckers list, and you are highly vulnerable to losing money again in further scams.

Does anybody else in this forum received the same phone call??
    While it is possible that some of the GWD investors from earlier in this thread might return, it is unlikely because people who have lost their money in scams tend not to hang around Savings and Investments forums for advice on how to invest their no money.

If you are waiting for someone to turn up and say "Yes, Tao Feng Associates is totally legit and when they asked me for £2,000 it was the best money I ever spent because I got all my money back" then you are out of luck because we will all hit the Spam and Report buttons to stop others falling victim to fraud recovery fraud.
    • badger09
    • By badger09 24th Nov 18, 6:05 PM
    • 6,704 Posts
    • 6,242 Thanks
    badger09
    I don't know whether Tao Feng Associates is a genuine company or not.

Even if it is a genuine company, its website suggests it offers business to business services.

There is no logical reason why such a company would approach an individual investor.

I'll be in HK in December. Maybe I'll take look
    • FROMSOUTHEAST
    • By FROMSOUTHEAST 25th Nov 18, 2:26 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    FROMSOUTHEAST
    Thanks
    ok I got it :-)
    • Despondent Investor
    • By Despondent Investor 14th Dec 18, 1:07 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Despondent Investor
    GWD in Liquidation
    I have been informed by insolvency firm in Manchester UK and one in Hong Cong stateing that GWD is being wound up. Can anybody confirm. I am sure there are other Investors would like confirmation.
    • Malthusian
    • By Malthusian 14th Dec 18, 2:23 PM
    • 5,433 Posts
    • 8,991 Thanks
    Malthusian
    I have been informed by insolvency firm in Manchester UK and one in Hong Cong stateing that GWD is being wound up.
    Originally posted by Despondent Investor
    Ignore them. They are almost certainly scammers. Again.

GWD is (as far as I can tell) registered in Mallorca and Ireland which means that UK and Hong Kong insolvency administrators have nothing to do with it.

Remember that insolvency administrators deduct their fees from the company they are winding up; they have first claim on any company assets. They never ask for money from creditors.
    • RP_GWD_Risk_Investment
    • By RP_GWD_Risk_Investment 17th Dec 18, 7:15 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    RP_GWD_Risk_Investment
    Same thing here
    Yes, also received a similar email from GWD.

I also invested in 2013 and 2015 in a promising (therefore high risk) forestry asset in Brasil and Canada ... or as it recently appears to be a very poorly managed or well conceived scam investment company.

Therefore would subscribe to a (legal) action with other investors against GWD and its supposed representatives / management.
    • RP_GWD_Risk_Investment
    • By RP_GWD_Risk_Investment 17th Dec 18, 7:23 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    RP_GWD_Risk_Investment
    GWD Insolvency? True ...Another Scam...?
    Yes, also received similar calls from Belmont Insolvency Ltd., stating GWD is being investigated and is winding into a insolvency process. Unfortunately this info can be for real ...
    But then the story then sounds strange when they appoint you to an International Broker that will sell your assets as quickly as possible... before

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Again, would subscribe to any (legal) joint action with other investors against GWD Group and its supposed representatives / management team.
    • Malthusian
    • By Malthusian 18th Dec 18, 11:40 AM
    • 5,433 Posts
    • 8,991 Thanks
    Malthusian
    But then the story then sounds strange when they appoint you to an International Broker that will sell your assets as quickly as possible... before

Does this sound familiar to anyone?
    Originally posted by RP_GWD_Risk_Investment
    Yes. It's old as the hills.

Again, would subscribe to any (legal) joint action with other investors against GWD Group and its supposed representatives / management team.
    Beware of throwing good money after bad. Are you a high-net-worth individual who would be happy to pay four figures or more to fund legal action, even if you never recovered a penny of the investment, and lost the money you spent on legal action as well?

If not, it may be best to write it off and not lose any more sleep.
    • Chrisw1
    • By Chrisw1 19th Dec 18, 6:56 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Chrisw1
    I was also contacted by them and it seems like a scam, especially since they try to force an answer due to urgency...
    • dealer wins
    • By dealer wins 19th Dec 18, 9:43 AM
    • 6,302 Posts
    • 12,522 Thanks
    dealer wins
    I was also contacted by them and it seems like a scam, especially since they try to force an answer due to urgency...
    Originally posted by Chrisw1
    Its almost certainly a scam, 99.999%.
    Choose life
    • w0otwo0t
    • By w0otwo0t 20th Dec 18, 3:01 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    w0otwo0t
    Beware of both companies acting as GWD liquidators/asset sellers Belmont Insolvency and Serex Investments are scams. Please don't fall for their tricks to pay for an "insurance policy". Their websites are hosted in RU and the domains have only recently been registered for less than a year.
    • denisg1076
    • By denisg1076 27th Dec 18, 11:06 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    denisg1076
    Yes this is a complete scam. They ask you to pay insurance on a HK account due to liquidation order against GWD forestry's assets. They say it's urgent because the buyer that Serex represents only needs 51% of the assets.
    It's a complete scam. Both Belmont insolvency and Serex are fake and work together to scam you.
    • denisg1076
    • By denisg1076 27th Dec 18, 11:11 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    denisg1076
    Serex investments and Belmont Insolvency are scammers working together - probably just same group of scammers - to sell you insurance policy against a promised payment of your initial investment plus profit.
    • RP_GWD_Risk_Investment
    • By RP_GWD_Risk_Investment 28th Dec 18, 12:19 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    RP_GWD_Risk_Investment
    I thought so, but needed to know if someone shared a similar story, just to (re) confirm suspicions... It's tough, but reality started to hit my soon after this terrible investment deal, when emails are unanswered and new investments are sold by GWD.
    I'll definitively try to write off this #$&% from my memory, share the lesson and move on with less dozen kÄ savings that were appointed for my children's education.

Good luck with you all.
    • UNPeople
    • By UNPeople 12th Jan 19, 2:08 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    UNPeople
    GWD is terminated
    I also fell prey to GWD (Brazil acacia project in 2012), with nothing in return till now. The update of this company was reported in Olive Press in Spain. I am not allowed to post any link. But you can search for it in theolivepress[dot]com

It seems some 40 victims are working with a British legal enforcement firm Carlton Huxley to resolve the issue. I contacted the firm, but they no longer take new clients in this case. They are in direct contact with Martin Roche, the owner of GWD to resolve the issue.

I am not sure whether it is wise to pool another group of victims to address the case.
    • Canadian
    • By Canadian 14th Jan 19, 3:17 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Canadian
    I would really like to be able to contact Martin Roche. How come the Law Firm would solve only some of the clains and do not take more clients. Weird
    • Malthusian
    • By Malthusian 14th Jan 19, 3:58 PM
    • 5,433 Posts
    • 8,991 Thanks
    Malthusian
    The Olive Press' article is here: http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2018/12/21/exclusive-british-expat-investors-fear-huge-losses-after-spain-based-forestry-investment-firm-accused-of-mishandling-tens-of-millions-of-euros/ (it's .es rather than .com)

Carlton Huxley is a firm of private investigators, not a law firm. Proceed with caution.

If they are turning down business that gives some reassurance that it's not a scam, but it's not definitive.

In theory if the scheme is wound up and there are any assets (which there may not be), then investors should be compensated in their turn whether they hire Carlton Huxley or not. Insolvencies are not first come first served. But there is no visibility from outside so who knows.

Obviously the director of the scheme is being co-operative; the longer investors can be strung along, the longer they will be susceptible to fraud recovery fraud.

I would really like to be able to contact Martin Roche.
    by Canadian
    Can't imagine why. When someone like you talks to someone like Martin Roche it's not Martin Roche who ends up handing over money.
    • ChrisW68
    • By ChrisW68 17th Jan 19, 9:04 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    ChrisW68
    Want to thank everyone who has posted on this forum...
    I have been contacted by both "scammers" mentioned in these threads,
    and have now decided to write off my "forestry investments" as a learning curve -
    unless anyone out there really wants to buy my stock off me !!!

Looking back, I should have been more aware initially when it was stated that the projects weren't covered by UK Regulations... but I guess you are never too old to learn !!!
    Chris
    • scammed007
    • By scammed007 21st Jan 19, 8:57 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    scammed007
    Also scammed
    Anyone interested to pool a group and try to at least make a bit of headache to this a$$holes?
    • Ninz
    • By Ninz 2nd Feb 19, 2:25 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ninz
    G W D Forestry investments
    I am in the same boat as you are. I invested a LOT of money for a future i won't have because the company is dead, They flew with the money and also took a morgage on the land we invested in and now we have to pay ( againį) the loan ..... so i am looking to form a group of us and try to figure out some actions ...
    Thanks for sharing your experience
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

123Posts Today

1,467Users online

Martin's Twitter