Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Storck
    • By Storck 22nd Dec 16, 8:45 PM
    • 1,842Posts
    • 2,400Thanks
    Storck
    Boots Sale
    • 22nd Dec 16, 8:45 PM
    Boots Sale 22nd Dec 16 at 8:45 PM
    MoneySavingExpert Insert:

Hi everyone

We have a full write-up about the sale here: Boots up to 70% sale boost?

Back to Storck's original post...

----------

Last year Boots Sale started online on Christmas Eve morning. Apparently this year it has been delayed until late afternoon/early evening this is due to issues in stores with people thinking they could order and then take them off the shelf rather than wait for delivery.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 12-01-2017 at 3:37 PM.
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
Page 34
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 5th Feb 17, 6:21 PM
    • 27,323 Posts
    • 58,283 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    I've been into Boots in St. Helens today and there were a few Jack Wills stationery sets left (down to 1.40 from 14). They have a notebook and a wooden stamping set of the alphabet with an ink pad. My son loves anything to write in and I think he'll enjoy the stamping as well, so I bought one for him. I also bought one for Brownies as it is the cheapest way I have seen for alphabet stamps. We won't use them often, but certainly enough to justify the low cost. I might even go back for another set tomorrow.
    Originally posted by kingfisherblue
    I'm sure Poundland do these in the craft section.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • Storck
    • By Storck 11th Feb 17, 5:33 PM
    • 1,842 Posts
    • 2,400 Thanks
    Storck
    My last post for this years thread.

Apparently there are big changes being planned for next Christmas. 3 for 2 might not be there for 2017.
    • Africat
    • By Africat 11th Feb 17, 7:59 PM
    • 925 Posts
    • 1,456 Thanks
    Africat

Apparently there are big changes being planned for next Christmas. 3 for 2 might not be there for 2017.
    Originally posted by Storck
    Interesting!
    They could just make stuff a third cheaper instead seeing as prices are pushed up for 3for2 in the first place; but doubt that would happen!
    • catswiththumbs
    • By catswiththumbs 12th Feb 17, 1:01 PM
    • 308 Posts
    • 500 Thanks
    catswiththumbs

Originally posted by Storck

I'd heard that too - a member of staff told me since the takeover it's all about money and lots of things are changing.
    • Storck
    • By Storck 12th Feb 17, 1:16 PM
    • 1,842 Posts
    • 2,400 Thanks
    Storck
    I'd heard that too - a member of staff told me since the takeover it's all about money and lots of things are changing.
    Originally posted by catswiththumbs

The main share holder is still the main share holder. The ownership hasn't really changed, just where it is listed.
    • Africat
    • By Africat 18th Feb 17, 11:04 AM
    • 925 Posts
    • 1,456 Thanks
    Africat
    Well my locals haven't done very well with selling the Christmas No7 sets they saved for Valentines Day, still a stand full left, maybe they'll have better luck for Mothers Day
    • Storck
    • By Storck 18th Feb 17, 11:33 AM
    • 1,842 Posts
    • 2,400 Thanks
    Storck
    Well my locals haven't done very well with selling the Christmas No7 sets they saved for Valentines Day, still a stand full left, maybe they'll have better luck for Mothers Day
    Originally posted by Africat

They are getting removed from sale shortly and returned to the warehouse to be broken down apparently.
    • cookiemom01
    • By cookiemom01 11th Jan 19, 6:52 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    cookiemom01
    hi guys
    can,t seem to find a thread for boots this year have I missed something ?

jayne
    • cazspence
    • By cazspence 11th Jan 19, 6:53 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    cazspence
    I was wondering the same thing ??🤔
    • cookiemom01
    • By cookiemom01 11th Jan 19, 7:01 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    cookiemom01
    I thought it was just me cazspence
    • Figgi
    • By Figgi 11th Jan 19, 7:10 PM
    • 118 Posts
    • 564 Thanks
    Figgi
    It is there in the Quick - Grab it
    • Figgi
    • By Figgi 11th Jan 19, 7:11 PM
    • 118 Posts
    • 564 Thanks
    Figgi
    Link - https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5941668&page=3
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

160Posts Today

1,503Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • This probably (who knows) makes it both more likely we'll remain in the EU via a 2nd referendum and more likely we'? https://t.co/GrNV48E1jS

• Instant aftermath poll: After a defeat by over 230 votes on a flagship issue (Brexit) should Theresa May resign?

• Wow losing by over 200. That's not defeat it's obliteration. Has there ever been a time before when a PM could lo? https://t.co/i0sVwL9P9P

• Follow Martin