Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • KittyKate
    • By KittyKate 9th Dec 09, 8:49 PM
    • 1,515Posts
    • 1,925Thanks
    KittyKate
    0 WOW
    B&M deals and bargains thread - post offers here
    • 9th Dec 09, 8:49 PM
    0 WOW
    B&M deals and bargains thread - post offers here 9th Dec 09 at 8:49 PM
    Quick note from MoneySavingExpert.com

More discount store bargains

Poundland | Wilkinsons | Home Bargains

Huge thanks to KittyKate and all the MoneySavers who contributed to this thread for their amazing work.

Now back to the original post …

Do a lot of you live near a B&M bargains? I do, and there are loads of fab deals in there to rival Poundland and Home Bargains
    Last edited by Former MSE Andrea; 08-01-2018 at 2:18 PM.
Page 45
    • Valsie
    • By Valsie 7th Jan 19, 8:10 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Valsie
    Trolls magnetic scribbler 3 was 2 for 10 shelf was showing 7
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 11th Jan 19, 8:16 AM
    • 3,845 Posts
    • 38,369 Thanks
    curl girl
    Had a look in my local, hardly any Christmas stock left this year.
    Does anyone know when the left overs are marked right down please?
    Tia.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • surfsister
    • By surfsister 17th Jan 19, 7:18 AM
    • 7,355 Posts
    • 10,762 Thanks
    surfsister
    loads still in my branch! waiting too for end of year Sale!
    • Avina Ritelaff
    • By Avina Ritelaff 20th Jan 19, 11:33 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 338 Thanks
    Avina Ritelaff
    Girls & Boys Avina has been advised that Xmas stock is not being reduced further and will be going in to storage. Some reductions may happen at a local level at "managers discretion".
    I love my friends and family especially my sons fiance - happy & loving life
    They say he who laughs last, laughs longest - well holey moley I have been laughing since yesterday non stop
    AR Fan Club.............................................. .................................................. ................AR Fan Club
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 21st Jan 19, 4:09 PM
    • 28,213 Posts
    • 60,136 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Some reductions may happen at a local level at "managers discretion".
    Originally posted by Avina Ritelaff
    I suppose its dependent on the storage available then. Although it seems odd to value the price of these seasonal products more than the cost of the storage for the next 8 months
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
    • Valsie
    • By Valsie 25th Jan 19, 2:35 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Valsie
    All the toys 2 for 20 reduced In my store to 3
    Last edited by Valsie; 25-01-2019 at 2:36 PM. Reason: Wrong spelling
    • frankennsteiny
    • By frankennsteiny 16th Feb 19, 10:58 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 129 Thanks
    frankennsteiny
    Just spotted on B&M website a few new stores opened recently and more opening soon.

https://www.bmstores.co.uk/new-stores
    Feeling a right Charlie you should be Holey Moley So a thought crossed your mind? Must have been a long and lonely journey.
    If you give her a penny for her thoughts, you get change back. Dumb and Dumber 0 me 36
    • Avina Ritelaff
    • By Avina Ritelaff 18th Feb 19, 9:03 AM
    • 53 Posts
    • 338 Thanks
    Avina Ritelaff
    Keep your eye on curtain prices - the special buy sticker ones - they are cheap and will go cheaper.
    They say he who laughs last, laughs longest - well holey moley I have been laughing since yesterday non stop
    AR Fan Club.............................................. .................................................. ................AR Fan Club
    • Avina Ritelaff
    • By Avina Ritelaff 23rd Feb 19, 12:23 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 338 Thanks
    Avina Ritelaff
    scan all special buy cushions some are as low as 50p
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 23rd Feb 19, 7:42 PM
    • 28,213 Posts
    • 60,136 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    scan all special buy cushions some are as low as 50p
    Can you tell us which ones? Or at least hint? Can't see anything marked specialbuy online so perhaps it's different stock?

Eta: inspected the merchandise with the scanning app at the ready yesterday, but no dice in my local store.
    Last edited by VfM4meplse; 25-02-2019 at 8:26 AM.

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
    • Avina Ritelaff
    • By Avina Ritelaff 25th Feb 19, 7:27 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 338 Thanks
    Avina Ritelaff
    There were Ben and Jerry tubs of ice cream in B&M for 10p - that is from a post over on HUKD. I havent looked for them myself but I know somebody who would be partial to a couple or 100 of these Best get the van out.
    • littlecutiepie
    • By littlecutiepie 26th Feb 19, 10:59 PM
    • 110 Posts
    • 325 Thanks
    littlecutiepie
    Lots of curtains were reduced to 2 or 3 in my local store. Look for the velvety pairs of curtains in all colours made by Premium Blackout. The model is called Valencia I got a few and they are fab.

I also got two pairs of chevron chenille curtains in cream and blush for 2.50 each!! I was a bit gutted as I got those same curtains in November for 30 reduced from 45! So I bought two different ones today for a fiver! The model is called Roma Chevron.
    La moquerie est la fiente de l'esprit critique.
    • Avina Ritelaff
    • By Avina Ritelaff 6th Mar 19, 9:50 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 338 Thanks
    Avina Ritelaff
    Well if you didnt get to B&M today get there tomorrow. Me I were up the crack of dawn - got me tooth washed and headed on downs to B&M. Cheap candles (special buy) , cheap pictures and different bits of "special buy" things lighting and light boxes etc 1 here and there. get your scanner out and get scamming - oh soz lol I mean scanning
    • frankennsteiny
    • By frankennsteiny 6th Mar 19, 10:21 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 129 Thanks
    frankennsteiny
    Well if you didnt get to B&M today get there tomorrow. Me I were up the crack of dawn - got me tooth washed and headed on downs to B&M. Cheap candles (special buy) , cheap pictures and different bits of "special buy" things lighting and light boxes etc 1 here and there. get your scanner out and get scamming - oh soz lol I mean scanning

Thanks will be off first thing tomorrow see what goodies the scanner picks up. Might even get lucky and find a light box gotta love a bargain or two
    Last edited by frankennsteiny; 06-03-2019 at 10:28 PM.
    Feeling a right Charlie you should be Holey Moley So a thought crossed your mind? Must have been a long and lonely journey.
    If you give her a penny for her thoughts, you get change back. Dumb and Dumber 0 me 36
    • bloomfelt
    • By bloomfelt 11th Mar 19, 1:13 PM
    • 161 Posts
    • 928 Thanks
    bloomfelt
    Picked up a couple of packs of 8 cotton napkins reduced to 10p each from the kitchen aisle in my local today.
    Does any other store have a policy of no more than 2 items if heavily reduced or is that just my local?
    10 a day April 81.94/300
    10 a day 2018 8917.52
    • NuffinisFree
    • By NuffinisFree 11th Mar 19, 2:35 PM
    • 403 Posts
    • 1,962 Thanks
    NuffinisFree
    @bloomfelt

Yes, my store has a similar policy. If its 10p then you can only have 2 or sometimes its just 1 of each item depending on how they feel and how big the items are.

I've asked head office before about it and they say reductions are totally up to store managers.
    Sometime you get really nice staff that just want the stock gone and dont mind how many you take and other times you see them handing out the reductions so everyone gets a fair chance.

Trust me, your local is not as bad as mine, i've seen the senior staff hide the good reductions in the back until they finish their shifts.
    I wouldnt mind so much except i've seen people queue up on sales days only to be disappointed when theres nothing on the shop floor even before the doors open. Staff should enjoy perks too buts its mean on people who have stood outside in the rain for 20mins just to get it.

If its something you really want and need i would just ask to speak to the manager and explain that you want x amount for such a reason. e.g can i please buy 3 packs of napkins so i have 12 in total as i want to use them at christmas time when we have the whole family round.

well done on your find
    • Avina Ritelaff
    • By Avina Ritelaff 11th Mar 19, 8:48 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 338 Thanks
    Avina Ritelaff
    A lot of stores have introduced this policy to counteract all the greedy people around who fill their white vans with cheap stuff and then sell /auction / raffle on facebook and line up at the carboots in the summer. Unbelievable you may say but some of the greedsters even buy in B&M to sell allsorts in their own shops sadly, these types have ruined it for everybody
    • frankennsteiny
    • By frankennsteiny 17th Mar 19, 7:12 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 129 Thanks
    frankennsteiny
    A lot of stores have introduced this policy to counteract all the greedy people around who fill their white vans with cheap stuff and then sell /auction / raffle on facebook and line up at the carboots in the summer. Unbelievable you may say but some of the greedsters even buy in B&M to sell allsorts in their own shops sadly, these types have ruined it for everybody
    Truly shocking the greed of some people
    • Avina Ritelaff
    • By Avina Ritelaff 17th Mar 19, 11:58 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 338 Thanks
    Avina Ritelaff
    avina ritelaff what does your words mean is it referring to daz washing powder feeling confused
    Originally posted by knmnhsun

B&M sometimes do cheap Daz but not at the moment. Daily Mail rewards are way better at moment - love those M&S vouchers
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 19th Mar 19, 9:51 AM
    • 28,213 Posts
    • 60,136 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    I went into B&M the other day in search of cushions. I didn't find what I was after but was astounded at the amount of decorative "stuff" that has no practical use, I felt quite sickened that its all going to end up in landfill unless consumer habits change. I walked out thinking I would limit my homeware shopping to chazzers.

A bargain in the sense that it cost me nothing.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

128Posts Today

1,403Users online

Martin's Twitter