Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 10th Jan 13, 2:02 PM
    • 13,893Posts
    • 37,642Thanks
    redfox
    0 WOW
    HOME BARGAINS finds thread 5
    • 10th Jan 13, 2:02 PM
    0 WOW
    HOME BARGAINS finds thread 5 10th Jan 13 at 2:02 PM
    As the old one seemed to have a mind of its own and kept nipping off to the It's Gone board, I think it's time for a new thread.

Please share your Home Bargain finds by posting below.

The old thread can be found HERE
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 67
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 19th Feb 18, 6:09 PM
    • 4,415 Posts
    • 10,040 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    Home bargains are stuffed to the rafters with nice stuff atm. Seen a lot of people positively writing up their ice cream range of accessories - cups, cushions etc, if that's your thing.

They have LOVELY sets of 100% brushed cotton ladies PJs in a wide variety of prints for 10. I don't think you can really go wrong, although I haven't tried them so can't comment on fit.

Disney Ladies Nightshirts - Mickey & Minnie 5.99

Dettol Spray 750ml large size 1.49 ea

Lots of Easter eggs at very competitive prices, including Reese's bunnies. And the new Reese's pieces cups 3 for 1.20.

Silver Spoon caster sugar 1kg, 79p. About half the price of the supermarkets! Need to go back and stock up.

Pledge Clean and Dust Multi-Surface Spray - classic or jasmine 99p.

Simple eye make-up remover 1.89, next cheapest is currently Sainsbury's on offer at 2

I could go on....
    Last edited by Wizzbang; 19-02-2018 at 7:07 PM.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 35,397.06
    (Not inc coupons, yellow stickies, bank interest or loyalty rewards because I have better things to do than catalogue everything!) Swagbucks 2,700.00
    • North Of Utopia
    • By North Of Utopia 11th Jun 18, 7:50 PM
    • 100 Posts
    • 37 Thanks
    North Of Utopia
    Silver Spoon granulated sugar 50p for a 1Kg bag.
    • Lucyjoanne
    • By Lucyjoanne 31st Aug 18, 11:38 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    Lucyjoanne
    There’s a new range of bath salts come on, in a fancy looking tub. A coconut one, charcoal one, Himalayan salt one, etc. 1.99 each. I’ve been using the coconut bath salts, and they work like Epsom salts but moisturise too!
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 6th Oct 18, 8:08 PM
    • 4,415 Posts
    • 10,040 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    Dentinox teething gel 89p, 1.50 elsewhere, cheapest atm Waitrose 1 on offer.

Full sugar San Pellegrino 6 packs 2.99, Lemon and Mint

Italian Pasta Berruto 1881 Gluten free pasta 95p per bag, is always at least 1.20 per bag in supermarkets for their own brand which has nasty emulsifiers added
    https://www.pastaberruto.it/pages/1881_GLUTEN_FREE/109

Lots of lovely Reese's seasonal items; pumpkins 39p each - I've seen going for 2 for 1 elsewhere and sometimes 1 each!

Also Reese's sets - Christmas trees Kingsize double packs (think they were 89p) and 6 packs 1.99 (6 packs work out better value for money) and Reese's Peanut Butter Set only 4.49, items bought separately would cost about 6 I estimated.
    Last edited by Wizzbang; 06-10-2018 at 8:11 PM.
    Minimalist
    (Not inc coupons, yellow stickies, bank interest or loyalty rewards because I have better things to do than catalogue everything!) Swagbucks 2,700.00
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 31st Dec 18, 5:29 PM
    • 4,415 Posts
    • 10,040 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    Nature Valley Nut Butter Peanut Butter variety, 4 pk - 50p a box, dated towards the end of January. One of my best HB finds! I usually pay 1.50 when on offer, but RRP is around 2.90 a box.

https://www.naturevalley.co.uk/what-we-make/nut-butter-peanut/

Also gluten free hobnobs, milk choc variety 1 a box. RRP 2.20 a box, possibly have been discontinued as not mentioned on the McVities website any longer, only the original variety.
    Minimalist
    • butterflymum
    • By butterflymum 1st Jan 19, 11:06 PM
    • 956 Posts
    • 848 Thanks
    butterflymum
    We have a Poundstretcher next to B & M, and at the weekend they had both the peanut and the almond Nature Valley, also dated towards end of January, at 45p per box.
    butterfly )i(
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 1st Jan 19, 11:44 PM
    • 27,350 Posts
    • 58,371 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    We have a Poundstretcher next to B & M, and at the weekend they had both the peanut and the almond Nature Valley, also dated towards end of January, at 45p per box.
    Originally posted by butterflymum
    The almond version looks good!

Eta: now I've tried it I can say with authority that its not the king of biscuits by any means (thankfully I didn't have to buy it first!). Lidl does better with its Sondey biscuits when on 1/2 price offer.
    Last edited by VfM4meplse; 07-01-2019 at 5:13 PM.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,677Posts Today

9,418Users online

Martin's Twitter