PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S daily Monday 12 Feb 2018

Comments

• Deleted_User m poor you, you must be exhausted.

Bellabella there was an article on working at Am*azon in the Times at the weekend, I think that was about the one in Staffordshire and it sounded horrible. Some dreadful management practices, staff unable to manage unrealistic quotas etc.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning everyone,

Cold but bright and sunny here in East Anglia, it's housework day after doing not a lot over the weekend, oh joy!

Brunch out was lovely, good portions and very tasty, didn't eat again until the evening and then we just had cheese omelettes. I pulled some frozen puff pastry out of the freezer and will make some goats cheese and pesto tarts for tea.
    The yard texted me yesterday to say that Lulu had come in minus one shoe, again!, what is that pony doing!! have messaged my farrier and asked if he can come out to hammer it back on, he didn't charge me last time but not sure if that will be the case again :(

Nmlc hope you feel better soon
    Judi weird dreams, cheese for supper?
    SR ugh re the lamb, it was in the local papers that someone had an A*da chicken which turned out to have maggots in it :eek:
    Oh Csarina you just sound so worn out m'dear, hugs

Right, WM is bleeping away so needs emptying, have a good day folks x
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Morning :wave:

bit of snow here but nothing much to worry about in fact its beautiful blue sky now

Declutter went really well yesterday 2 bags stuffed to bursting and out for the charity pick up van. no where near finished though still another room to tackle and this is just the first cut of clothes chucking... a second cut is needed. hip is suffering for all the tris up and down stairs but I managed 4 times my step target in the Fitbit:D housework really is healthy then.

Book club tonight at one of my friends houses so no need for food tonight haven't read the book this time which is poor as I suggested it :o but doubt i wont be the only one :D we are not the best behaved book clubs thats for sure. One of the girls has a birthday on Weds so i need to nip out to Marks soon and get her some flowers from us all. Friend who travels is staying tonight so need to make up her bed and have a hoover round...at least the mountain of clothes that were on the bed has gone:)

Right off to grab a quick brekky then get on with the day

Have a good one all :A
  • Morning all and thanks for all your welcome messages yesterday.
    DS2 and family came to help me install a DVD player but apparently the lead supplied is the wrong one so there will be a few days delay.
    I cooked lunch which the 2 year old said was super yummy, praise indeed! They are trying to get him potty trained which is not going to plan. The cushion he sat on for lunch will need to be washed!

Woke up to a light covering of snow this morning but the sun is out so I will go for a walk this afternoon. I have never been so unfit before so no more excuses.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Poppy
  • Morning all
    Thanks for the thread Holly, hugs to those in need.
    We were up at 5:30 as CHS is on the early shift, i'll be collecting him about 4ish.
    I've done a very small food shop and grabbed a couple of thin scarves from a CS, I keep getting a stiff neck.
    I've cut out a couple of cloth bags and a cushion cover I need to get my sewing machine out and start sewing.
    It was sunny yesterday and is the same today so we are relying on solar for our electric.

Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Elona_2
    Elona_2 Posts: 361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Two dds and son in law for over yesterday so after we had eaten I gave them some burgers, wedges, cottage pie and leek and potato soup to take away. A grocery delivery is due tomorrow morning so I trying to use up some of the bits in the fridge. Breakfast was a bacon and tomato roll and lunch might be eggs on toast or an omelette and will have a look in the freezer for something to defrost for tonight.

csarina

You must be getting so fed up. Is there no way you can have a short trip out for a break?

Not sure whether to get all bundled up and go to York today or just stay at home in the warm and go tomorrow after the grocery delivery. The thought of staying warm inside and using the aromatherapy burner while having lots of hot drinks is very appealing.

Just found out that the family overnight trip to Scotland to celebrate cousin's 70th birthday which I thought was a couple of weeks away (lost my e mail account with all the details on it over the new year) is actually early this Saturday morning.

Cousin is female and very fit for her age and a bit new age , vegan and into health etc. I want to get her a present but don't want to clutter up her house so thought maybe a posh scented candle, pretty photo frame.
    Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Hugs to all
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,079 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all

We had quite a bit of snow yesterday,and more when we got up,but its mixed up with hail too.Traffic didnt seem to clear from the main road until about 9.30 when I was coming back from dogwalking.Not sure when the men would have got to work,DH didnt want to risk the road over the moor which is the shortest way to the extension theyre doing.At least the roof is on now so its a bit warmer -no door or windows yet though :eek:

The house is tidy as we had friends round on Saturday night (apart from our bedroom where I bunged all the ironing pile.That door stayed firmly shut :D

I think it'll be shepherd pie for tea tonight- I do have some roast beef left from our tea yesterday but I'll prob freeze that to make an easy meal when I'm busy or late home.

Bellabella (Tired Mum) When I was changing my password yesterday (whats all that about,never been asked before!) I saw it was an old email addy and managed to change it before doing the password so I didnt need to change my user name but I think quite a few people have :(

Csarina-sorry you are having a hard time at the mo,and also dumpling,hugs .

Snow seems to be melting a bit now.Windy though,think I'll light the log burner soon.I think our wood will just about last out the winter,it was all free from an ash tree DS had to cut down last year at his house.Not looking forward to paying for a load next time though!

Take care everyone xx
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • purpleivy
    purpleivy Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Elona wrote: »
    Two dds and son in law for over yesterday so after we had eaten I gave them some burgers, wedges, cottage pie and leek and potato soup to take away. A grocery delivery is due tomorrow morning so I trying to use up some of the bits in the fridge. Breakfast was a bacon and tomato roll and lunch might be eggs on toast or an omelette and will have a look in the freezer for something to defrost for tonight.

csarina

You must be getting so fed up. Is there no way you can have a short trip out for a break?

Not sure whether to get all bundled up and go to York today or just stay at home in the warm and go tomorrow after the grocery delivery. The thought of staying warm inside and using the aromatherapy burner while having lots of hot drinks is very appealing.

Just found out that the family overnight trip to Scotland to celebrate cousin's 70th birthday which I thought was a couple of weeks away (lost my e mail account with all the details on it over the new year) is actually early this Saturday morning.

Cousin is female and very fit for her age and a bit new age , vegan and into health etc. I want to get her a present but don't want to clutter up her house so thought maybe a posh scented candle, pretty photo frame.
    Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Hugs to all

I try to buy most people these days gifts of foods, drinks or other consumables. I guess candles count as that. Then people aren't cluttered with 'stuff'.
    [SIZE=-1]"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"[/SIZE]
    Trying not to waste food!:j
    ETA Philosophy is wondering whether a Bloody Mary counts as a Smoothie
  • Elona_2
    Elona_2 Posts: 361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    purpleivy

I was thinking on the same lines and then inspiration struck!

I found a set of Reiki energy charged crystal pyramids that can be carried in a pocket or in a hand while meditating. They come in a pretty white angel wings dish and will not take up a lot of space, She is very into alternative remedies, meditation etc so I hope she likes them.

At least I feel I have tried to find something original and personal for her and the intention is good ( just remembered what the road to Hell is paved with!)

Hugs to all
  • Afternoon all

Chilly here again but we have had sunshine this morning. DH has gone to collect the new car seat for DGS. They all went so I am at home doing washing and making soup. No dinner to think about as we are going out with friends for dinner. It is a railway club friend and his wife. I haven't met her before so fingers crossed.

Well have a good day and keep warm everyone. Hugs to poorlies and worried. Csarina have a hug.

Gintot
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family