Options

Comments

• sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 February 2018 at 1:54AM
    Options
    Hi Chanie,

I have a few month's to find a suitable bracelet on eBay thank goodness, but I am surprised at the high prices being asked on eBay at the moment

My son gave me £35 to pay my day return train fare to Andover, so that I could spend time with him and his 2 daughters and watch my 2 granddaughters in their dance class show in The Links theatre in Andover

My son paid for my ticket for the show £10

My son spent£13 buying me lunch and a large glass of soda water

My son bought me a cup of tea and a slice of luscious chocolate cake for £3.50 in the theatre

My son bought me a cup of tea in Costa £1.95

I had such a lovely day with my elder son and his 2 daughters today :D:j:T

2 hopper bus journeys (9th Feb) £1.50

Current total = £1692.93
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope you had a lovely day Sugarbaby . It's lovely that your son wants you to be part of occasions like that.

I enjoy reading about your time in Andover. I, too, have family there including my DD2.

I lived there myself for a few years but worked there for many more.

Although it's thought of as a bit of a soulless overspill town, it has a long history. The hotel where Pizza Express is, is one of many Georgian coaching inns in the town as Andover is on the route from London to the West Country.

I'm having my coming birthday lunch in a hotel just outside the town as it'll be closer for family to get there.
  • sugarbaby125
    Options
    Hi Maman,

I had such a lovely time for the whole day with my son and my 3 granddaughters in Andover :D:j:T

I do not visit Andover that often, only to visit either my elder son or daughter and their families, so I do not really know Andover
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I don!!!8217;t know Andover very much, but I went to University in nearby Winchester. I should really visit it again, it!!!8217;s been years since I was last there.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It's a small world chanie. I'm in Winchester at least once a week. It's where my dance classes are held.:)

Reading your thread is good for me sugarbaby. Last week was quite expensive so I'm conscious I need to try to be a bit more mse. I think it becomes a habit to find the best value whenever we can.

I tried Poundland last week but no Woolite in my area.:(
  • chanie
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    It's a small world chanie. I'm in Winchester at least once a week. It's where my dance classes are held.:)

That's funny isn't it!!!! I didn't enjoy living there (far too small, when you've grown up in London), but I do look back on my time fondly and I'm pleased I did get to experience living somewhere totally different.

I think a trip back in in order.
  • sugarbaby125
    Options
    Maman, the Woolite sold out really quickly here in London but I kept going back until I simply had no more space in my home to store any more. I don't particularly know Winchester, as I have only been there once and spent a single night in a Hotel there

Chanie, I am a Londoner through and through, I have never lived anywhere else that I preferred.

I bought 3 X Big Macs and Medium Fries for £5.97 with 3 coupons I cut out of Metro newspaper which saved me £6.57 (the coupons were about to expire, so I thought I might as well use them up) :)

2 hopper bus journeys £1.50 (10th Feb)

Free school meals for my son last week which saved me £11.50 :)

I bought the Nine Lives set of 10 full sized nail polishes form Nails Inc online with the MSE code for £17.50 including P & P costs and saved myself £85.45 :j:T:D I will give almost all of them away as gifts to family members

Current total = £1797.95
  • chanie
    Options
    Maman, the Woolite sold out really quickly here in London but I kept going back until I simply had no more space in my home to store any more.

Sugar bought all the woolite in London :).
    I popped into my local store today and there was one solitary bottle left on the shelf.
    I’m wondering whether Poundland is going to regularly stock such items. My local store now has a huge section of various laundry items, all more than £1. I recently bought some Dettol hygiene wash for £2. Sometimes BO lingers on clothes, even when clean, so I’m hoping this will help. Like the woolite, this was also sold out.
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 February 2018 at 11:15AM
    Options
    Chanie I did not buy all of the Woolite, I did leave some for others to buy :rotfl:

I bought another £100 of Pizza Express Gift Cards from Tesco Gift Card Store with a 15% discount which saved me £15 :)

I hope that with the Pizza Express Gift cards and the Tesco Clubcard Boost voucher codes, I will have enough to have 20 or more family members celebrating my son's 18th Birthday. We celebrated his 16th birthday at Pizza Express and everyone had a really good time.

Current total = £1812.95
  • chanie
    Options
    I!!!8217;m sure you all will have a wonderful time as your sons birthday. I always plan ahead for my childrens birthdays which normally involves stocking up on sweets and decorations for their party. Plus saving up for their presents.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback