PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So glad that you have real-life friends to hug and help you, burtha, and that so many of your friends on here are able to empathise and advise.

(Sorry if that sounds a bit as if I'm glad so many of you have been through a horrible time, but I'm sure you understand that that's not what I mean :o)
  • burtha
    burtha Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Each day as it comes I think ...
    Today better day , been up since about 2 , had a couple of hours before that ....so not worth going to bed ...
    so far I ran 5miles and walked the dogs , cleaned up ....
    at least running is making me hungry so that's a plus ...
    think I'm running kids around all day , .... no change then .... :rotfl:
    and you can guess what he's doing .... yep away for the weekend ....
    will try to get out tonight , even just along the bar , haven't worked there much since the split .... so will catch up with a few of the locals ....
    Ttfn x
    £223/ £250 GC
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Eating is good Burtha :D

Monna how was the viewing today?

I still don't watch TV Hester and don't miss it at all but I also struggle to listen to music too which p's me off greatly!

I struggle with any kind of 'noise' in general though :o (especially my neighbours:( who are excelling themselves tonight!)
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh, the viewing today was very different. Lovely lady who lives in London and has 3 young children. She is spending a couple of days looking here. She was dumbfounded by the fact that when she had a little walk round everyone she met smiled and spoke to her. She loved the house but had another 4 to look at. For once she had done her homework and asked intelligent questions. I really liked her and would love her to want the house. We'll see.

I am going to give myself tomorrow off. Apart from cooking my lunch I intend to put my feet up and read and knit.

Karcher, I don't know how you cope without music. I have my music system in my bedroom and if I'm in the kitchen I have Classic FM. As fo TV, I have never been an addict but I find it quite good company. It's nice to have it on while I am knitting. Since I discovered the 'Talking Pictures' Channel I spend many a contented afternoon watching old black and white films. It's strange that while I have some difficulty making out what a lot of present day actors are saying, I have no problem with the old films. Maybe it's not me going deaf but them not speaking properly.

burtha, you could be too tired to sleep. I hope you did manage to get to the bar tonight, It helps to be with company sometimes.
    Baby steps, love, baby steps.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • karcher
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    monnagran wrote: »

Karcher, I don't know how you cope without music.

It's not out of choice I can assure you.

Fingers crossed your viewer today liked your house the best x
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,510 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Burtha - be kind to yourself x

Monna - the viewing sounds positive - DFL’s always appear to be stunned by the fact people speak and smile over here, and no doubt a lot of areas outside of London - I love to go the the big city for the occasional visit and really enjoy it, but couldn’t live there - amuses me to say hello to people on the tube though ;)

I moved off the Island in the early 90’s and couldn’t sleep for about 3 months as I missed the sounds of seagulls and the clanking of masts, when I moved back 15 years later it was not like coming home, it was coming home - will stay here till it’s time to turn up my toes x
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • karcher
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Islandmaid wrote: »
    Burtha - be kind to yourself x

Monna - the viewing sounds positive - DFL’s always appear to be stunned by the fact people speak and smile over here, and no doubt a lot of areas outside of London - I love to go the the big city for the occasional visit and really enjoy it, but couldn’t live there - amuses me to say hello to people on the tube though ;)

I moved off the Island in the early 90’s and couldn’t sleep for about 3 months as I missed the sounds of seagulls and the clanking of masts, when I moved back 15 years later it was not like coming home, it was coming home - will stay here till it’s time to turn up my toes x

Good for you IM..I wish I could go back to my 'home' but there's about as much chance of that as me winning the lottery.

I say you can say 'hello' to a stranger no matter where you are..it's the response you get that is potentially a problem :D
  • monnagran
    Options
    I know just what you mean Islandmaid. I grew up in Southampton and although I left aged 18 I never stopped missing the sound of seagulls and fog horns. Back to both now. Like you, I intend to stay here for the rest of my natural. It has its faults but I would never want to live anywhere else.
    The one thing that astonishes me about this island is the bush telegraph. Pickle was born at 2 o'clock in the morning, my son rang me from the hospital 20 minutes later and then we all went back to sleep. Before 8 o'clock a lady from Binstead rang and greeted me with, "Morning Granny."
    I swear that if someone sneezes in Bembridge, someone in Freshwater will say, "Bless you."
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,510 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Monna Bush telegraph Hmmm more like Chinese Whispers, as we like to say at work - Why let the truth get in the way of a good story.....

We can never ‘pop out’ always bump into someone who wants to catch up, in one way lovely, in another a PITA - don’t know how anyone has an affair on the Island ( Not that I would condone) nowhere is private over here :D
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • monnagran
    Options
    And of course the greeting scenario isn't confined to pedestrians. In our village its quite common to see two cars that have met In the road stopped, and the occupants having a spirited discussion.

I am just watching the poppies fall in the Albert Hall. It makes me catch my breath every time.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family