Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    bubbs wrote: »
    It was funny, i started to walk off , turned back and asked:rotfl: bet she thought :eek: all for a few coupons, it was the principle, if they wasnt ts coupons i would have left it but they are!

that's how I imagined the situation:D
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    HILLBERN wrote: »
    oh I remember you getting that..such a bargain:)

hope your hands improve:), the wind and damp don't help do they:(
    perhaps you need winter sunshine:)

I know I'm still can't believe how much I paid, think they were £45 new, and I got it for £2. :D

Our old tree has to be at least 25 years old, it's still up in the loft, I couldn't face pulling it out earlier in the year as I had packed away all the decorations etc on top of it, oh and a few boxes of RTC xmas crackers. :o

Thanks it's really dragging me down that I can't get on. Have had the heat pack out to help. But yes some sunshine would be good.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,863
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    ha ha I know you're part of the furniture,:D thanks for all your posts, deals and early morning shops:T

Been nothing this week though to test :(
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,863
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Awwww TS :kisses3:
    Hope you soon feel better x
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    With all the talk of Christmas cakes, I decided to make an old family recipe...before you all ask for the recipe I thought I would share.......my Vodka Christmas Cake recipe so here goes.

1 cup sugar, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1 cup water, 1 tsp. salt , 1 cup brown sugar, Lemon juice, 4 large eggs, Nuts, 1...bottle Vodka,2 cups dried fruit.
    Sample a cup of Vodka to check quality. Take a large bowl, check the Vodka again to be sure it is of the highest quality then Repeat. Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar. Beat again. At this point, it is best to make sure the Vodka is still OK. Try another cup just in case. Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break 2 eegs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit. Pick the fruit up off the floor, wash it and put it in the bowl a piece at a time trying to count it. Mix on the turner. If the fried druit getas stuck in the beaterers, just pry it loose with a drewscriver Sample the Vodka to test for tonsisticity. Next, sift 2 cups of salt, or something. Check the Vodka. Now !!!! shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink. Whatever you can find. Greash the oven. Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over. Don't forget to beat off the turner. Finally, throw the bowl through the window. Finish the Vodka and wipe the counter with the cat.
  • Tinyshoes
    wendyak wrote: »
    I feel your pain Tiny, literally- as I suffer very badly with my hands and feet.
    Have you tried Naproxen (which is Marketed as Feminax ultra) yet ?
    I have lots of other health issues but can take these anti inflamatories and if I need can still have a couple of paracetamol along with them
    My doctor has prescribed them for me and hubby x x

Sorry you suffer too wendy, it is so frustrating, all I am managing is a bit of washing up each day at the moment, my grip is awful keep thinking I am going to job something on the tiled floor. :eek:

Unfortunately I have a long list of anti inflamatories that I can't take and that's one of them. :o

When I was first diagnosed I was under a consultant at the hospital and several attempts to find something that agreed with me, I haven't taken it for so long as have managed my pain pretty well I think any I have left are about 10 years out of date. :eek: It's my own fault I overdid things and now I'm suffering the consequences. :(
  • damo5134
    damo5134 Posts: 448
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    ILTS thanks for mentioning me this morning but I'm not exactly poorly just got bad flare up of my osteoarthritis in my hands. :(

Which is why I am bit quiet at the moment....

Been a bad day today, slight relief at the moment but waiting for 4 hours to pass to take some more paracetamol. If this doesn't start to calm down think I am going to have to go to GP for something stronger which I don't like doing. :o
    wendyak wrote: »
    I feel your pain Tiny, literally- as I suffer very badly with my hands and feet.
    Have you tried Naproxen (which is Marketed as Feminax ultra) yet ?
    I have lots of other health issues but can take these anti inflamatories and if I need can still have a couple of paracetamol along with them
    My doctor has prescribed them for me and hubby x x

TS I definitely agree with Wendy. Naproxen are amazing.
    I was diagnosed with Osteoathritis in my knees about 6 weeks ago and was in so much pain. The Naproxen relieved the pain for me, much more than ibuprofen and paracetamol were doing.
    Make sure you go to the doctors, especially as the weather is turning colder the pain will probably get worse, I'm afraid to say.

Hope you're feeling better soon.
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    ha ha I know you're part of the furniture,:D thanks for all your posts, deals and early morning shops:T

Ditto.

:T:T:T:T:T:T
  • damo5134
    damo5134 Posts: 448
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    With all the talk of Christmas cakes, I decided to make an old family recipe...before you all ask for the recipe I thought I would share.......my Vodka Christmas Cake recipe so here goes.

1 cup sugar, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1 cup water, 1 tsp. salt , 1 cup brown sugar, Lemon juice, 4 large eggs, Nuts, 1...bottle Vodka,2 cups dried fruit.
    Sample a cup of Vodka to check quality. Take a large bowl, check the Vodka again to be sure it is of the highest quality then Repeat. Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar. Beat again. At this point, it is best to make sure the Vodka is still OK. Try another cup just in case. Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break 2 eegs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit. Pick the fruit up off the floor, wash it and put it in the bowl a piece at a time trying to count it. Mix on the turner. If the fried druit getas stuck in the beaterers, just pry it loose with a drewscriver Sample the Vodka to test for tonsisticity. Next, sift 2 cups of salt, or something. Check the Vodka. Now !!!! shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink. Whatever you can find. Greash the oven. Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over. Don't forget to beat off the turner. Finally, throw the bowl through the window. Finish the Vodka and wipe the counter with the cat.

Oh that's hilarious! I think I'll try that one. At least I can't burn it!
  • Tinyshoes
    I had a message also, 2 years badge for me:)

Only 2 years feels like you have been around much longer than that. :p

Congrats :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family