Apple muncher's number crunching

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,662
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Definitely needed it!

Dd is loving it here. Me less so but only because I am soooooooo affected by the cats and pets that I tend to hide up in the attic (it is converted into a room, I'm not here among the suitcases and cobwebs, balancing on the rafters..) where it is less catty. (but nowhere near cat-free) However, the antihistamines don't really help and I'm already at the end of the first loo roll for snot production. Even a short trip downstairs results in even more sneezing and therefore more snot. Fun!

But monsters 1-5 are mostly blanket stitched up (with space left to insert stuffing) and all have eyes. Number 6 is half done and is stripey.

Dniece has just got up so dd has bolted downstairs to see/pester her for a while. And sis is back fom church so will also entertain dd - at least that is what dd is planning! I'm off to wash my hair and face - such an exciting holiday!

Am hoping for another NSD after 8 straight days of spending. Won't make the 20 target for July, especially as I have a dentist pay out before the end of the month. But the focus was there for the first 17 days and I got 13/17 for that part of the month. :T
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Forumite
    Got myself another 10+ hours of sleep last night according to my fitbit. it doesn't show how much battling for the duvet I had to do! Dd is the prize duvet-thief!

It is raining and set to rain all day. The plan therefore is for dd to do some sewing with her auntie, an early lunch and then into town to 'do' the charity shops here. I'm looking for wool and dd is after some Syl Fam stuff. All at bargain prices!

So, not another NSD today. Maybe tomorrow...
  • apple_muncher
    Forumite
    A good mooch round the charity shops, as ever. Dd was very careful with her money and is pleased with what she has acquired. I got our seats reserved for tomorrow's train ride, and 3 more balls of wool from £land - well, when it is 3 for 2, I just cannot resist. Got 3 lovely monster colours!

I am looking forward to going home. To being cat free. To being able to relax and sit back on a comfy chair. To not living out of a bag. To not being attached to a loo roll for my drippy nose. To being able to breathe freely. To seeing dh!

I guess I'm just not one of those people who can spend weeks/months travelling around!

Have taken inspiration from some little owls big sis made and knitted a couple already. One of the new balls of wool will accompany me in the rucksack for the train.
  • apple_muncher
    Forumite
    Cooeee, I'm home! A furry-critter-free environment where I can breathe. Bliss. :D

One washing load done and hung up. Dd is in the process of 'unpacking' her case by playing with the contents...

Egg and hm chips for tea. Then back to keto tomorrow....
  • apple_muncher
    Forumite
    11 hours sleep for both dd and I. Once again, much needed. A quiet day ahead, methinks , starting with a coffee and Slugterra.

Might do some trimming back in the garden as it has become somewhat overgrown.
  • MeandO
    MeandO Posts: 2,899
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Welcome Home Apple :)
    Please send some of that sleep my way :D
    xx
    Mortgage @ 03/2019: £125K, Now: £67,390
    Mortgage OP's 2024: £612.94/£2000 Total OP’s: £8823.50
    SAVINGS: EF: £6423.55/£15,000
  • apple_muncher
    Forumite
    You are welcome to as much sleep as you want, MeandO!

The garden remains overgrown. But still pretty enough.

An extremely lazy day. I did finish a monster, stuffed and sewn up, so now have 1 completed one! The ones I did whilst away are wrapped around a fairly fragile doll that dd bought when away, and dbil posted for us.

I poured out my buttons stash onto a tray and have separated out ones suitable for eyes for monsters (if I don't knit them), and for owls.

I came home with some fabric from my sister, that just called out 'make me into bunny ears/bodies'. How could I refuse? And some green sheer stuff with golden snowflakes and Cmas trees on it, which will probably become hanging tree decorations - just need to trial whether to use white fabric underneath or something else, and which edge stitching to use.

Hmmm. Now nearly at the end of July. Which means there are only about 4 months until the Christmas fairs! Given that I am loving the knitting at the mo - helped enooooormously by the wool from £land - I shall set a Habibiboo-inspired target of 100 items in 100 days, and start it with /32 in 32 days, as from tomorrow. So I am already a sneaky 2 up as I also completed an owl. Oops - he still needs a beak, so I am 1 up! And the knitting will be easy to take away in the latter half of August.

Shall go and add the August craft challenge to my siggie...

Must work out a fitness plan too...

And research some keto ideas...
  • apple_muncher
    Forumite
    Today we shall swim. Next month I shall allocate some pennies to swimming activities and thus potentially grab more NSDs...sneaky!

August is looking rather busy - must ensure plenty of down time also happens otherwise we'll return to school all frazzled!

Visitors here for approx 12 days; we are away for 1 week; dh has got us tickets for an airshow; dd and I visit my mum for 4 days; 2x football sessions; 1x hosp appt; dh abroad x2, prob for 4 days each time.

Have signed up, of course, for the NST August challenge:
    20 NSD + any other targets we wish to set ourselves
    £5 donation
    £20 self care
    mindfulness
    eat well - plenty of veggies
  • apple_muncher
    Forumite
    How's about August Austerity as a focus, then?

- Reduce: stuff coming in to the house; food spends with dh away
    - Re-use: re-purpose things (not sure what yet!)
    - Recycle: + give away

- Keto eating
    - Workout (MF or otherwise [walk 15k; swim]) /31 (eek)
    - Knit/Craft /32
    - Bags to Sally Army /5 (should remove /100)
    - Swim with dd /5

Food /225 (being away = most costly even though we don't eat out)
    Travel /200 ( poss 2 tanks of fuel, train tickets, oyster)
    S t r e t c h f u n d /750

That'll do for now!
  • apple_muncher
    Forumite
    The swim cost me...£1.25 for the two of us. I paid for a card for dd last summer, as our borough gives free kiddie swimming in the hols. And I still have a card of some sort for me. So, if the 2 cards get us in for that price, then there will be a lot spare from what I've allocated for August.

We also popped into the ch shop by the pool, and I got dd a school pinafore (with pockets) and some black dancey trousers for the princely sum of £2.25.

Her doll was delivered today - yippee! Accompanied by all the monsters made on holiday. So I'm now able to stuff them and stitch them up.

All while watching secret eaters - eye-opening programme! And makes me want to shout ! And I love keto. Sooo easy. Or maybe I'm doing it wrong....
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback