Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 5
  • evesham1988la
    Buying a standard 'saver' ticket for an adult and two children would cost £124.40. However, if you hold a Family Railcard (£20) and buy your tickets at www.thetrainline.co.uk using the promotion code "NOMOREDIY" your tickets would cost £61.65 together.
    sorry no links in signatures by site rules - Forum Team 2
    • monkeyspanner
    • By monkeyspanner 19th May 06, 5:03 PM
    • 2,119 Posts
    • 1,933 Thanks
    monkeyspanner
    Thanks for the code another £3 saved.
  • aurora borealis
    I want to travel Cardiff to London, by first class if possible, on 28th July returning the next day. There are three adults and one child (14). We have a junior railcard between us, if that helps.

Are there any deals at all?

I used the Daily Mail offer last time - great value
  • gcpc1
    Hi Folks,

I wonder if anyone can help me. I regularly travel on business by train between Bristol Parkway and London (Paddington.) First Great Western is the sole operator on this route. Nine times out of ten I have to catch trains during 'Peak Time' (7:30am to 9:30am) and pay the 'Standard Open Return' fare of 112.

My question is: does anyone know of how I can save any money on this route? I use www.thetrainline.com to book my tickets as far in advance of my journey as possible but there are very rarely any discounts for Peak Time travel. For example, today I looked for a ticket for travel during August but there are no discounts during the time I have to travel. I use the Discount Code 'NOMOREDIY' to save myself a few but no amount of any significance. First Great Western provide no discounts in terms of Railcards, etc.

Any info/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
  • pooh bear
    cheap train fares
    in need of sum codes for train travel going to paignton from manchester 3 adults & 1 child already tried nomorediy anybody got any more please.
    • martinbuckley
    • By martinbuckley 30th May 06, 12:36 AM
    • 1,137 Posts
    • 879 Thanks
    martinbuckley
    in need of sum codes for train travel going to paignton from manchester 3 adults & 1 child already tried nomorediy anybody got any more please.
    by pooh bear
    Give us a clue on the dates.....

Do you have a family railcard?
  • pooh bear
    Give us a clue on the dates.....

Do you have a family railcard?
    by martinbuckley
    going on the 10/06 til 17/06 yes got a family railcard
  • pooh bear
    please help
    :confused: quick going to book my tickets in the next 5 mins any good codes out there from manchester to paignton in june cant wait any longer, dont let me down people.
  • evesham1988la
    No other codes but for three adults and a child for those dates with a family railcard is £66, when you are buying 2 singles.
    sorry no links in signatures by site rules - Forum Team 2
    • Seakay
    • By Seakay 1st Jun 06, 5:16 PM
    • 4,176 Posts
    • 10,057 Thanks
    Seakay
    Hi Folks,

I wonder if anyone can help me. I regularly travel on business by train between Bristol Parkway and London (Paddington.) First Great Western is the sole operator on this route. Nine times out of ten I have to catch trains during 'Peak Time' (7:30am to 9:30am) and pay the 'Standard Open Return' fare of 112.

My question is: does anyone know of how I can save any money on this route? I use www.thetrainline.com to book my tickets as far in advance of my journey as possible but there are very rarely any discounts for Peak Time travel. For example, today I looked for a ticket for travel during August but there are no discounts during the time I have to travel. I use the Discount Code 'NOMOREDIY' to save myself a few but no amount of any significance. First Great Western provide no discounts in terms of Railcards, etc.

Any info/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
    by gcpc1

Would it be worth your getting a season ticket?

The only other thing that I can think of is that National Express Coaches do a very frequent service to central London that is bookable and very much cheaper than the train - can be as low as 5 each way, depending on availability.
    • Seakay
    • By Seakay 1st Jun 06, 5:26 PM
    • 4,176 Posts
    • 10,057 Thanks
    Seakay
    I want to travel Cardiff to London, by first class if possible, on 28th July returning the next day. There are three adults and one child (14). We have a junior railcard between us, if that helps.

by aurora borealis
    There are 1st class Apex tickets available for those journeys (leave 9 ish return next day 5 ish)

The First Great Western site has offers for things to do when you get to London but I haven't been able to find any special deals for the journey itself. Sorry!
  • AP

by aurora borealis
    Have a read of the second paragraph 'Exeter Central to London' on:

http://images.thetimes.co.uk/TGD/picture/0,,168556,00.gif

(You have to enlarge the image to 150% or 200%)

and see if it is relevant to you.
  • aurora borealis
    Thanks guys, I wish the Daily Mail offer would come back!
    de do-do-do, de dar-dar-dar
  • tawnyowls
    Buying a standard 'saver' ticket for an adult and two children would cost 124.40. However, if you hold a Family Railcard (20) and buy your tickets at www.thetrainline.co.uk using the promotion code "NOMOREDIY" your tickets would cost 61.65 together.
    by evesham1988la

Have tried this on a journey from Southampton to London. Does it only work with railcards?
  • alchemista
    From another thread, but belongs in here too:

£5 off a £20 spend the trainline horray!use code 5OFFJUNE it expires 5th july
    • isasmurf
    • By isasmurf 9th Jun 06, 7:23 PM
    • 1,763 Posts
    • 786 Thanks
    isasmurf
    Hmmmpph! They've only offered me 3 off my next booking with a 20 spend to 5th July.

I won't bother posting the code as you may as well use the 5 off one above.:rolleyes:
    • Voyager2002
    • By Voyager2002 9th Jun 06, 7:23 PM
    • 13,425 Posts
    • 9,251 Thanks
    Voyager2002
    From another thread, but belongs in here too:

5 off a 20 spend the trainline horray!use code 5OFFJUNE it expires 5th july
    by alchemista
    How strange! They have sent me the code JUNE3OFF that only gives 3 pounds off, and it also expires on 5th July. It just about covers their credit card booking fee.
  • alchemista
    For the 5 off 20 you have to have each ticket be 20 pounds, not your total I'm trying to book 2x £12 tickets and was hoping to get £5 off, but it won't discount anything.
  • s851212
    hello, can anyone help me im looking to travel between workington and eastbourne on the 22/06 at about 10 am returning on 27/06 at about 12pm ive searched and search but the best i can come up with is £61 and thats with a rail card can anyine help me anymore???

thanks
  • Leeda
    i hope someone can help me.

Travelling to Liverpool on the 1st July. Need a return ticket for 3 adults, going via Virgin. Anyone have any promotion codes for Virgin?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

170Posts Today

1,753Users online

Martin's Twitter