Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • loobylou2
    • By loobylou2 24th May 09, 7:29 AM
    • 793Posts
    • 1,390Thanks
    loobylou2
    0 WOW
    Are prices still generally cheaper in france than the uk???
    • 24th May 09, 7:29 AM
    0 WOW
    Are prices still generally cheaper in france than the uk??? 24th May 09 at 7:29 AM
    Hi Guys

Know this might seem to be a silly question but I'm going to ask it anyway....... All I want to know is are prices for things like groceries in France still cheaper than they are in the UK given the rate of the pound against the Euro at the minute??

Hope someone can help with this as I can't seem to locate a web site to tell me.

Thanks.
Page 1
  • Bob the Saver
    • 24th May 09, 7:56 AM
    • 24th May 09, 7:56 AM
    Some things are some things aren't but mostly no.
    • cazwasere
    • By cazwasere 26th May 09, 7:01 PM
    • 144 Posts
    • 92 Thanks
    cazwasere
    • 26th May 09, 7:01 PM
    • 26th May 09, 7:01 PM
    Was there at Easter and found that prices had hiked up in the supermarkets on most things, and that was before taking the Euro/Pound exchange rate into consideration. Hate to do it, but taking grocery essentials with us next time, but will still buy local fresh products
    cazwasere
    2008 wins about 45.... but I know the big one is just round the corner....

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,402Posts Today

7,462Users online

Martin's Twitter