Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lorweld
    • By lorweld 22nd Jan 09, 9:40 AM
    • 5,103Posts
    • 131,334Thanks
    lorweld
    0 WOW
    Ryanair - Comments & Feedback Thread
    • 22nd Jan 09, 9:40 AM
    0 WOW
    Ryanair - Comments & Feedback Thread 22nd Jan 09 at 9:40 AM
    Please use this thread for feedback and comments related to the budget airline "Ryanair".

Any new threads of this nature started from this point on will be merged to keep other threads from sinking down the Travel board.

If anyone spots a thread that needs to be merged but has been missed, feel free to send one of the BG's a PM.
    Last edited by lorweld; 08-02-2009 at 9:12 PM.
Page 40
    • WestMidsMatt
    • By WestMidsMatt 25th May 09, 7:16 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    WestMidsMatt
    Can someone just confirm to me issues I have surrounding checking in. I booked flight back in Feb (Birmingham to Reus June 3rd) and paid for airport check in as we're taking one checked in baggage item with us, so had no choice but to do this. Now there's a little confusion with the fazing out of airport check in.

1) Can I carry on to airport and everything will be ok as I've paid for airport check in?

2) On checking my flight online with Ryanair it seems to be giving me the option of on line check in. Can I do this as I've paid for airport check in, and will it cost me anything and would I gain anything from doing it?

Regards
    • PolishBigSpender
    • By PolishBigSpender 25th May 09, 9:31 PM
    • 3,582 Posts
    • 3,692 Thanks
    PolishBigSpender
    Was it really necessary to add the final sentence? :confused:

The OP asked a simple question, he wasn't railing at how Ryanair 'rip' people off or 'scam' them.
    Originally posted by Pollycat
    And they were duly educated as to not only how 'non-refundable' tickets work, but also as to how 'fully refundable' tickets work.
    From Poland...with love.

They are (they're)
    sitting on the floor.
    Their
    books are lying on the floor.
    The books are sitting just there on the floor.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 26th May 09, 9:04 AM
    • 24,121 Posts
    • 64,884 Thanks
    Pollycat
    And they were duly educated as to not only how 'non-refundable' tickets work, but also as to how 'fully refundable' tickets work.
    Originally posted by PolishBigSpender
    and leaving the sarcasm out would have been a nice touch - especially to a new member.:rolleyes:
  • fluffychick
    :confused: Hello newbie speaking so forgive any poor protocol please..
    My question is related to Ryan air and the required 'photographic identity'.
    I booked a flight at the end of June (destination within the uk) online. I knew I needed change the name on my passport ( It is not the same as the one I use now and that I booked the flight in). It is the only photographic ID that I have. I have very limited time now and feared that I wouldn't get it back in time for my flight .So have not sent it off.
    Ryan air says you won't be allowed into the country of destination without it. and that I can change my name by phone calling a number which is I think costs 1 per minute. I have called a number of times and to date I have not got a reply.
    any suggestions? There are Two issues: The cost of hanging on to an unawered phone,Is that being charged to me?
    and more importantly What should I do about the names not being the same on my passport and flight reservation. Thank you for any help.
    • Steve_xx
    • By Steve_xx 26th May 09, 10:26 AM
    • 6,683 Posts
    • 2,813 Thanks
    Steve_xx
    I booked a flight at the end of June (destination within the uk) online. I knew I needed change the name on my passport ( It is not the same as the one I use now and that I booked the flight in). It is the only photographic ID that I have. I have very limited time now and feared that I wouldn't get it back in time for my flight .So have not sent it off.
    Ryan air says you won't be allowed into the country of destination without it. and that I can change my name by phone calling a number which is I think costs 1 per minute. I have called a number of times and to date I have not got a reply.
    any suggestions? There are Two issues: The cost of hanging on to an unawered phone,Is that being charged to me?
    and more importantly What should I do about the names not being the same on my passport and flight reservation. Thank you for any help.
    Originally posted by fluffychick
    The cheapest option maybe for you to forget about the original booking and to rebook in the name that is actually on your passport.
    • benjus
    • By benjus 26th May 09, 10:35 AM
    • 5,323 Posts
    • 3,275 Thanks
    benjus
    You don't actually have to call them to do a name change - it can be done online (but it will cost 100). It costs 150 if you do it by telephone. So it might be cheaper to just book a new flight.

You *might* have some success trying to call them and explain the situation, and hoping that they'll do the name change for free. Contrary to what many people have said I've found the Ryanair call centre people polite and helpful. No guarantees here but you might be lucky - no harm in trying. Please see this post on the subject of calling Ryanair without paying 1/minute: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=21107515&postcount=2 (see the international callchecker on this site for details of discount call providers).

I'm not sure I understand your post completely, but you seem to refer to a passport application that you didn't send off - is this the one that would correspond to the flight you booked with Ryanair? If so, you still have a month to apply for it - why not pay extra for the faster service? It's cheaper than a name change with Ryanair.
    Let's settle this like gentlemen: armed with heavy sticks
    On a rotating plate, with spikes like Flash Gordon
    And you're Peter Duncan; I gave you fair warning
  • fluffychick
    thanks Steve that is certainly one option..
    I have changed my name before, you would think I would have learned wouldn't you? I was charged extra then but not a great deal about 6, but don't know if that is still possiible to do. I forgot about the passport problem that's the trouble!. I am hoping that someone may have recent experience of this issue too.
  • fluffychick
    Thanks Benjus I am attemting to contact via the phjone method you suggest .not sucessful yet but will keep trying user error I'm sure, number is not recognised.. alternatively I will head off to the post office faster service pronto.. thanks again. very very helpful advise
    • Steve_xx
    • By Steve_xx 26th May 09, 11:55 AM
    • 6,683 Posts
    • 2,813 Thanks
    Steve_xx
    Thanks Benjus I am attemting to contact via the phjone method you suggest .not sucessful yet but will keep trying user error I'm sure, number is not recognised.. alternatively I will head off to the post office faster service pronto.. thanks again. very very helpful advise
    To be sure, the full number you should be dialling is:

00 353 1 2480856
  • CFC
    Originally posted by PolishBigSpender
    What an extremely rude, smart @rse you are. It's time you grew up.
  • jammin
    *reaches for popcorn*
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

113Posts Today

3,994Users online

Martin's Twitter