Help-Email from Ryanair for API documents?

Flying to majorca on monday, and just received email from ryanair asking for the following info....

URGENT INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR YOUR TRAVEL TO SPAIN:

Please ignore this email if you have already submitted this information.

The Spanish Government requires airlines to provide, BEFORE FLIGHT DEPARTURE, the Passport or EEA issued National Identity Card details of all passengers’ arriving into Spain from the UK, IRELAND, MOROCCO and SWITZERLAND.

This information is known as 'Advance Passenger Information” (API) and must be provided by passengers prior to arrival at their departure airport.

FAILURE TO PROVIDE THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION PRIOR TO ARRIVAL AT THE DEPARTURE AIRPORT WILL RESULT IN YOU BEING DENIED BOARDING WITHOUT REFUND.

As you are travelling from one of the above countries, please submit the required information for all persons travelling on your reservation via the below link:

DO I HAVE TO RETURN THIS INFORMATION:confused:
NEVER BEEN ASKED THIS BEFORE WITH OTHER AIRLINES!!!!

THANKS

Comments

• M4RKM
    M4RKM Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Yes you do!
  • lorweld
    lorweld Posts: 5,546 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    MOVING THREADS FOR BETTER RESPONSES

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL]
    :hello:
  • jd87
    jd87 Posts: 2,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yeah you do need to provide this. If you haven't been asked for it by other airlines, it was either before Spain's new law was introduced, or those airlines weren't doing their job properly.

I am going to Spain with Easyjet and have been asked for the same information.
  • Driver8
    Driver8 Posts: 743 Forumite
    kossohead wrote: »
    Flying to majorca on monday, and just received email from ryanair asking for the following info....

URGENT INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR YOUR TRAVEL TO SPAIN:

Please ignore this email if you have already submitted this information.

The Spanish Government requires airlines to provide, BEFORE FLIGHT DEPARTURE, the Passport or EEA issued National Identity Card details of all passengers’ arriving into Spain from the UK, IRELAND, MOROCCO and SWITZERLAND.

This information is known as 'Advance Passenger Information” (API) and must be provided by passengers prior to arrival at their departure airport.

FAILURE TO PROVIDE THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION PRIOR TO ARRIVAL AT THE DEPARTURE AIRPORT WILL RESULT IN YOU BEING DENIED BOARDING WITHOUT REFUND.

As you are travelling from one of the above countries, please submit the required information for all persons travelling on your reservation via the below link:

DO I HAVE TO RETURN THIS INFORMATION:confused:
    NEVER BEEN ASKED THIS BEFORE WITH OTHER AIRLINES!!!!

THANKS

Hi it's nothing to worry about all they ask for when you follow the link is your name and passport number. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure