Can you claim for TC flight if it was part of a package holiday?

Comments

• bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    When you booked your package holiday you payed an ATOL fee of £2.50 per person. This goes into the ATOL fund as an insurance policy to protect for supplier failure.

When the supplier failed, the ATOL fund kicked in and got you home.

You didn’t get the answer you wanted when you were looking for delay compensation so now you’re determined to find another avenue to get some money.

You had your holiday. You got home. Be grateful and move on with your life.
  • kuepper
    kuepper Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You need to be clear in your post. Your post said you booked a package holiday.

Yes I did book s package holiday
  • bradders1983
    bradders1983 Posts: 5,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    In which case you are entitled to absolutely sod all, from anyone.

Are you going to have a third attempt at trying to extort some money from the ATOL scheme?
  • kuepper
    So you got a flight home when legally they didnt have to, yet you want to claim for a service not received?

Dear god.

Did Simon Calder really say that in the paper?

CAA were legally bound to give me a flight home as I was Atol protected.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,542 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    kuepper wrote: »
    According to Simon Calder in yesterday's i newspaper ppl who'd just booked TC flights alone and who got a free flight home at taxpayers expense even though they had no atol protection can claim back the cost of TC flight from cc company so I wondered if I could.
    Yes I did book s package holiday

The Simon Calder article as you point out related to flight only bookings. It does not apply to package holidays
  • bradders1983
    CAA were legally bound to give me a flight home as I was Atol protected.

Yes, and now you are looking to try and get money back on that flight. Do we have a "rolling eyes" smiley on here?
  • bradders1983
    Caz3121 wrote: »
    The Simon Calder article as you point out related to flight only bookings. It does not apply to package holidays

Is he also saying people who got one of the free ATOL flights back on a flight-only booking could get money back? Seems a bit morally dubious.
  • kuepper
    Are you going to have a third attempt at trying to extort some money from the ATOL scheme?

I'm not trying to extort money from anyone. I'm not trying to claim from the Atol scheme either. I simply asked if I could claim for services not received from my cc company in the same way that those not covered by Atol can.
  • bradders1983

I'm not trying to extort money from anyone. I'm not trying to claim from the Atol scheme either. I simply asked if I could claim for services not received from my cc company in the same way that those not covered by Atol can.

What service have you not received other than maybe an extra legroom seat and a dried chicken breast with a dubious sauce and overcooked veg?
  • If you booked a package holiday then you’ve no chance. Olympics job was to get you on another flight which they did.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure