Bluestone Mortgages Valuation

Comments

• ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,727 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    You have gone to bluestone for a satisfied 5 year old default and self employed!?!! There must be more to it than that?

Help to buy?
    Scotland?

Even with those, your broker has done you a massive disservice there and used a hammer to crack a nut. With those, it is a little more justifiable.

If you have 2 years accounts that pass on affordability, I would have been looking at normal rates. If you do not, I would have been looking at rates of below 3% which I know Bluestone can not compete with as they go after the more severe end of the market.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • I just don't understand. We are putting over 50% deposit with this house purchase. We are not first time buyers as well. All past mortgage payments are up to date.
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,727 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    If those 2 things are the only issues, your broker has done a very poor job. With a 50% deposit, I would be trying to get you normal rates or as close to them as possible, not sending you to the second or third most expense lender out there.

Appreciate after all this time getting a mortgage is far more important than rate but I think you need to see a copy of the research and understand why they have gone where they have.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Lee1980G
    Lee1980G Posts: 11 Forumite
    Hi
    I just wondered how you go on in the end with Bluestone. We are in a very similar position as you were.
    We submitted our application on 9th July, still haven't had our val instructed, we have been back and forth with various documents they requested at speed too. Apparently its with the final underwriter, but I need a rough time scale on offer, so i can let the builder know roughly when we are looking to exchange.

Thank you!
  • We are waiting for a mortgage offer for our buyer and wondered how things have turned out for you and how long you had to wait? We worried our buyer won’t get one, although they have had a valuation done
  • jid134
    jid134 Posts: 52 Forumite
    First Post
    My girlfriend and I had a call from our mortgage broker saying that bluestone have done a valuation and are happy with the result, the application is going for final review is this a good sign what is the likely good of getting the offer from now?

Any experience with bluestone would be grateful :D:D

Thanks Jonjo.
  • Hi we are waiting to hear back about our DIP I can see the searched were made on Experian on 23rd August just wondered if anyone could tell me how long it took just to hear back about DIP? I know it’s going through 3mc packager
    TIA 😊
  • Lee1980G
    Our survey was done last Monday 19th August - we are still waiting for our offer letter but i do know its been approved
  • Lee1980G
    We put our application in on 9th July...we are still waiting for our offer letter. Its the longest process ever. Very very slow.
  • Do you remember how long it took just to get the Initial decision on principle back from bluestone? Was it done through a packager?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback