Week in the sun on my own

So I have a week off unexpectedly at the end of August/beginning of September. I am able to avail of reward flights with Avios to Corfu, Malaga, faro or Malta.
I have gone on short city breaks on my own, but never a week long beach holiday.

A few questions: firstly where would you go, where do you think is best for a lone female traveller, and does anyone have any reccomendations for where to stay in any of these countries, which resorts etc. . I just want a chilled want a week in the sun,- a few nice beaches, a hotel /apartment with a pool, and maybe a half board option, rather than having to eat out alone every night.

Also, like it to be near public transport so I could have a couple of day trips. Budget for a week not loads. I would say about £700 for accomadation and spending money.
Any suggestions gratefully received.

Comments

• comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,742 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    A week in the sun on your own sound absolute heaven. I have been a couple of times to port de soller in Mallorca but not on my own though it has always been my dream place to go on my own to.
    It is very quiet and safe there too.
  • bouicca21
    bouicca21 Posts: 6,512 Forumite
    Algarve - cheap and sunny
  • holidaysforme
    holidaysforme Posts: 1,786 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    bouicca21 wrote: »
    Algarve - cheap and sunny

Any suggestions to what part.I’ve been looking at Alvor.
  • TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    I have a timeshare in Carvoeiro, love the area.
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    IMO Vilamoura or Praia Da Rocha are the best 2 resorts.
  • EveryWhere
    EveryWhere Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    I think you might have a problem with your budget, travelling over the Bank Holiday.
    Best to find accommodation within your price range and go from there.
  • holidaysforme
    Algarve seems popular. Flights are decent times as well. Think Corfu is my second choice as hotels seems pretty reasonable. Will have to make a decision soon, don’t want the flights dissapearing.
  • holidaysforme
    EveryWhere wrote: »
    I think you might have a problem with your budget, travelling over the Bank Holiday.
    Best to find accommodation within your price range and go from there.

Good point. It’s still school hols as well! I’ve found well reviewed decently priced accommodation in Corfu(£350 for a one bed apartment) and similar price for alvor.would leave me with about the same again for spending money. Should be doable for a fairly low key week for one person.
  • EveryWhere
    EveryWhere Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    Good point. It’s still school hols as well! I’ve found well reviewed decently priced accommodation in Corfu(£350 for a one bed apartment) and similar price for alvor.would leave me with about the same again for spending money. Should be doable for a fairly low key week for one person.

Don't neglect transport to and fro accommodation. Travel light.
  • I went to Benalmadena (Malaga airport) a few years ago on my own, and stayed in an H10 hotel, relatively inexpensive.
    The airport is close to the resort and I just jumped in a taxi to the hotel it wasn't that expensive- im sure you could arrange transfers in advance for a good bit cheaper.
    its got a beach, a harbour with lots of nice restaurants and bars, shopping area, and I think the hotel had adverts for day trips to Gibraltar etc so plenty to do.
    Mortgage = [STRIKE]£113,495 (May 2009)[/STRIKE] £67462.74 Jun 2019
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport