PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Saturday 16th Feb

Nelski
Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
edited 16 February 2019 at 7:56AM in Old style MoneySaving
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning :)

Yeah its the weekend and I for one am very glad of it :j

Very manic day yesterday ....the Manchester course was great ...really fun group and to add to that they gave me a massive bag of their products which are different sauces and marinades for meat...I was like a pig in muck all these excuses to cook :D Got home just in time for a quick feet up then on to the American guys for their Friday meeting. Finally got to bed at 10 absolutely shattered so today I intend to take it easy

It's the dreaded bedding day today so its stripped and in. Will speak to my age uk lady then I am thinking back to back husband :D

Food wise I will have a look through my new stash of sauces and grab something out of the freezer to go with them. Yesterday I was so busy I didn't get round to eating apart from my car park sandwich so I really must plan better for the Friday madness so that food can still play a part. No worries though I'll make up for it today :cool:

Right off to start my chef fest....have a lovely day all :)

Comments

• Morning folks and thanks NELSKI. I can't believe how mild it feels this morning. I woke in the night (so what's new!) and had to open the windows as I felt smothered! Bizarre weather.

Had a lovely evening last night with my DB and SIL for company. They even came bearing gifts - a dozen free range eggs from a neighbour's chucks! I only bought a dozen on Thursday so I'm now rather overstocked!

I'm down memory lane again this morning with Radio 2 and TB's Sounds of the Sixties keeping me company! Re-living my long lost youth!

I attempted to tidy the back garden a bit yesterday but I had to throw in the towel. I am going to have to look out for a gardener. I don't want to pay fancy prices for a landscape gardener or the like, just someone to keep it tidy, cut stuff back etc. That may be easier said than done!

I think I might take the bus somewhere today for a change but I am dithering over where! I'll see what I feel like when showered and dressed.

Have a good day folks and ((HUGS)) for the poorlies, sad, worried or lonely. SNOOZER I hope the new a/b's STEVE is taking soon take effect and you get him back home. TAFF, HOLLY, POPPY thoughts with you xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning everyone

Nelski - thanks for starting us off x

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

DH and myself enjoying first peaceful cuppas, I'm showered and dressed, I'll be heading out first thing to town and then to pick up some fresh bits for a buffet when friends come over tonight for drinks and nibbles.

Dinner last night was HM chicken, bacon and mushroom pie, mash, veg and gravy - delicious.

DS1 went out last night and got in 1.30am ish, so don't expect him to be about for a while, he then needs a lift to go and pick his car up as left it at his friends and got a taxi back.

Yesterday I was very productive again, and am now quite happy with what I got done, all I need to do today is clean the main bathroom and the kitchen, although some of that has already been done. I'm hoping I can get some ironing done too.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning everyone :wave:

It has been really nice to be able to go out in warm sunshine the past couple of days and it has certainly helped my mood and seems to have cheered up everyone.

This morning I am going to have a chill on the sofa, and doze on and off while watching a bit of TV. Where I haven’t been sleeping very well I’m starting to feel really tired and that in turn is making me feel quite unwell. Yesterday afternoon I was a bit worried that I was going to pass out at one point.

I don’t have any plans on doing any housework today, and will grab something quick and easy from the freezer for dinner.

AOD I’m pleased that the meeting went well.

Nelski enjoy your James Martin binge watching.

Silver-oldie it will probably be worth getting a gardener if you think it will be too much for you to cope with. There is no point in making yourself ill trying to sort it out.

Specky hope that you are having a good time with your family and Glasgow.

Nanny it’s good to have a ‘down’ day every now and again.

Taff I’m sorry to hear that your seroma has filled up again, you really could do without that.

Snoozer I hope that Steve will soon start to improve now they know what is wrong and he is getting the correct antibiotics.

Whatever you are doing have a good Saturday everyone.
  • Bozwood
    Bozwood Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning. It’s warm here as well lovely day yesterday and today looks like it will be to. I am meeting a friend to go shopping with we are going to another town I will drive I don’t have much spare money because I didn’t get paid but I didn’t want to not go I can if I see a real bargain but that’s it. We have gone round the second hand shops when we are skint so will do that Glad it’s half term I don’t have to start all the school washing it can wait. I am going to the gym first then will go pick her up. Have a good day everyone
  • Good morning all, and it looks to be a nice fine morning here. The last few days have been lovely.

TA, hope you find someone to help out a bit in the garden - in the last week, two friends , one widowed, have said to me the same thing. They're finding it hard to maintain their gardens and will be looking for help.

Snoozer, hope Steve inproves.

We might go up to Alnwick today to renew our Friends of Alnwick Ga*den cards, which mean we can go as often as we like without paying every time. It's a place we really like, and the town itself is nice.

I'll need to shop as well, I might do it there, there are two large supermarkets on the edge of the town.

That's it really - hope everyone has as good a day as they can

Take care folks
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning All

It's not the bright, breezy day I was hoping for in fact it's just started raining. The bedding and a white wash I did last night will have to hang about inside unless it cheers up.

Hoping Steve's new ABs start working quickly.
    Speky, have a great weekend with your family, forgot to put my bit in about the beard - do whatever you're comfortable with!

I have to go shopping today as I have friends visiting tonight, hoping I can get some heat logs too, the ones I like seem to be in short supply.
    I'll pick DD up later too so she can have dinner with us, I think her OH is working today.

Housework was done after work yesterday, it was lovely to open all the windows and give the house a good airing although it did blow the dust about a bit!

Have a good Saturday if you can, take care. XX
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,584 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Laura and Brian are here. Brian is about to go golfing with Chris and a friend. Laura and I will take Ziggy out then go to the hospital to be joined by Chris, Crystal and Brian when the golf is ended.

I didn't sleep terribly well and have a headache from clenching my teeth.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning everyone,

After a couple of days of waking up to sunshine it’s a cloudy day here in EA, no matter as I did manage to get some washing dried outside yesterday.
    Not too many plans for the weekend, we are thinking of going away next, just down to Norfolk, so will trawl through dog friendly holiday cottages to see what’s on offer.
    Hope that there will be an improvement in Steve when you see him later Snoozer
    Enjoy James Nelski

Hugs to all with worries and cares, have a good day folks x
  • Morning ((((((((((Hugs )))))))))) if you need one.

Snoozer, so pleased they have discovered Steves problem, hopefully he will be treated with the anti b's and soon be home with you again.

Specky - hope you are having a good weekend with your family.

Holly - take some time to chill, have a nap when you can to build up your sleep.

TA - share your problem with the garden, I must have been slightly mad when we took on this bungalow with its huge garden..........I need to get out on the herbaceous border and weed it, there is work to be done there, the lavatera needs a severe hair cut and the weeds are starting. I am hoping the gardener will contact me shortly about cutting the grass again.

Towels are in the washer, will put them on the line when they have finished, can always dry them off in the dryer.

Need to clean the kitchen and sitting room, should really have done it yesterday but just CNBA, so will tackle it today.

My wrist is still very painful despite the exercises, have an appointment with the physio on Thursday.

All day breakfast for supper, have bananas so thats dessert.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,495 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning all! Slept tolerably well, woke up a couple of times but the bed is much better than the sofa.Watching a lot of how to cook food programs today so I can really focus on the diet ...doh....I want risotto now...better soak the mushrooms :)
    Hopefully will finish putting the zip in the coat today and then my phone can be sorted [ dying pixels all over the screen, it's getting hard to read my books n it now...]

Well, hopefully, they can sort him out with the right antis now snoozer, and that should give you a break, both of you,careful of your teeth! Nelski, you might have a fight on your hands for your husband, my sister beleives she claimed him years ago..I didn't finish watching too, so better catch up now...
    Holly, so good to hear you being all positive, but bad to hear youre not sleeping. Are you nana napping instead or just completely not sleeping? I would tell the cancer nurses and see if they can reccommend anything you haven't heard before...they might, you never know...TA and SO, you can share one!!
    Saturday salutations, hope it's a good one!
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure